The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MOTU releases M2 and M4 USB-C Bus Powered Interfaces
Old 17 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruonitb View Post

So now I'm mainly concerned with DA conversion. Has anyone compared the MOTU M4 with more expensive units regarding "playback" quality?
I previously had the Duet IOS, which you might call expensive as it still costs more than twice as much as the M4, I also had the UA Apollo Twin MK1, and I haven't noticed any loss of quality in the DA section // playback with the M4 in comparison.
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfromHH View Post
I previously had the Duet IOS, which you might call expensive as it still costs more than twice as much as the M4, I also had the UA Apollo Twin MK1, and I haven't noticed any loss of quality in the DA section // playback with the M4 in comparison.
Thank you, that's good to know (I'm looking at the RME Babyface Pro, which is in that price region as well; just a bit more expensive than the Duet).

It seems to be a rather controversial topic anyway; there are certainly who claim that certain (usually more expensive) DA converters will make the sound more clearer/ transparent.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search