Sensitivity
99 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)

Ear Pads
Memory foam, genuine lambskin leather

Weight
250g
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Nice detailed technical frequency review for geeks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AabXYdmrqgo
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear
Much cheaper than other Audeze headphones, I'm genuinely curious to know if they're reliable, useful mixing tools. I'm all set when it comes to monitors, but an update from my K-702 could be smart.
If anyone's here testing them...
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Very interesting. Nice review. I liked the geek.
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Serious VFM there!
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Addict

Just as I FINALLY had made my choice, after weeks of contemplation, gearslut / review reading, research, testing, and was all set on the Sennheiser HD-600, with the finger on Thomann's "buy button" and...now I'm lost again
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentzen View Post
Just as I FINALLY had made my choice, after weeks of contemplation, gearslut / review reading, research, testing, and was all set on the Sennheiser HD-600, with the finger on Thomann's "buy button" and...now I'm lost again
To be fair you probably couldn't go wrong with either.
Old 18th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I know...but...you know
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
You can’t but they will be very different. In my experience the 600s are close to flat out of the gate, but don’t tell you really much about details or compression. Audeze seem to do the best about revealing compression/imaging aspects but are more recessed in the Mids (but the bass is usually perfect).

I tried these for a minute at aes and liked them. Comfortable, nice sound with good detail and hella cheap. I have a pair of lcd-i4, and 4z (as well as focal clears and sennheiser 600s).
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

I've been using HD600s for years with great results and then a couple of years ago I got a pair of Audeze EL-8s after reading rave reviews.

Long story short: The headband fell apart after about a year and they replaced it with a factory refurb set. Within a year, the headband fell apart on that set too. When I asked for warranty service a few months ago, they said the EL-8s were discontinued. So they swapped them for a set of their gaming headphones, which I sold on eBay to cut my losses.

Clearly, these LCD-1s were being prepared for launch a few months later. I wish he would have told me to wait. The EL-8s were designed by the BMW group, but they obviously screwed up the engineering of the headbands. I hope they learned their lesson.

Sonically, the EL-8s were different from the HD600s, so I suspect the LCD-1s will be similar and hopefully better.
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear

Interested to hear these. I’m looking to upgrade some Beyer DT880pros and have been torn between the DT1990, DT1770 and Shure SRH 1540 or SRH1440. However, now Audeze have released a pair of headphones within the same price range!
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I can empathize so well with this
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Interested to hear these. I’m looking to upgrade some Beyer DT880pros and have been torn between the DT1990, DT1770 and Shure SRH 1540 or SRH1440. However, now Audeze have released a pair of headphones within the same price range!
1540's are way too bass heavy, for any genre.
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear
Finally, an Audeze pair of headphones made for Studio use that I can afford.

Took you long enough Audeze. Thank you!
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Am I the only one who's baffled by the extremely low impedence for such a high quality cans ?
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
Am I the only one who's baffled by the extremely low impedence for such a high quality cans ?
That raised an eyebrow for me too, but I'm hoping they still perform well. I guess time will tell...

I'm waiting for those reviews and impressions.
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
I've been using HD600s for years with great results and then a couple of years ago I got a pair of Audeze EL-8s after reading rave reviews.

Long story short: The headband fell apart .
That's great about HD600s, my 1999 cans are still going strong after a few rounds of new replacement cushions.
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
I tried these for a minute at aes and liked them. Comfortable, nice sound with good detail and hella cheap. I have a pair of lcd-i4, and 4z (as well as focal clears and sennheiser 600s).
Wow, you have all those cans ?

Obama would have said "Yes, you CAN"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Audeze seem to do the best about revealing compression/imaging aspects but are more recessed in the Mids (but the bass is usually perfect).
TBH, Im not sure a trade show is the place to test cans. The outside noise would force one to notice only the prominent components of the sound [lows and highs].

EDIT
BTW, this guy says exactly the opposite [regarding the mids] : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AabXYdmrqgo
Old 21st October 2019
Quote:
Returning them for a full refund is possible, I would guess.
Old 21st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
Wow, you have all those cans ?

Obama would have said "Yes, you CAN"

TBH, Im not sure a trade show is the place to test cans. The outside noise would force one to notice only the prominent components of the sound [lows and highs].

EDIT
BTW, this guy says exactly the opposite [regarding the mids] : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AabXYdmrqgo
These did seem to be flatter in the mids than probably any other audeze I’d heard. Everything needs some help, but these were closer.
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Returning them for a full refund is possible, I would guess.
Jeg nåede ikke at trykke på den "buy" button, Henrik
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Addict

Very interested to try these. I also assume a closed version is coming at some point. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long.
Old 21st October 2019
Quote:
Jeg nåede ikke at trykke på den "buy" button, Henrik
Fedt! Cool If it was me, I would wait for the LCD-1, possibly preorder it at tapeconnection.dk and test them out.
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Guru

Any option to not get leather but more something like the dt 990 material ?
Old 22nd October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Agreed mate, velour > leather for me as well. Especially living in a hot country.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
Agreed mate, velour > leather for me as well. Especially living in a hot country.
It also must be mentioned that not everyone will like animal products so another option is always a good idea for marketing to a larger audience.
Old 22nd October 2019
Quote:
Which almost certainly will change the perceived sound of the headphones.
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Which almost certainly will change the perceived sound of the headphones.
True but i do think head shape and ears is way more impacting
Old 23rd October 2019
Gear Addict

Everything I read sound so perfect. But I'm wondering how comfortable it is wearing it every day over a long period of time. I'm a bit afraid that the ears could be pressed too much by this? As I understand they say it's an over-ear headphone, but it looks small. Difficult to say without trying, but maybe here are some people who had tried them already. Is it more unconformable/less space than a HD600/650?
Old 24th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Audeze wrote that there will be a vegan leather option.
📝 Reply