The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: United Studio Technologies UT FET47
Old 12th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
Well, I did sing into it, and listened-at the same time.
Pretty challenging for us singers!
Chris
That's madness. You can't sing AND listen.

Reminds me of recording my wife, who is a great singer BUT she will sing a couple takes and I'll motion to keep going and she will stop me and tell me the last one was great and I'll tell her it was a good performance but pitchy and she will have to hear it for herself to believe me. And I always tell her "you can't sing and listen critically at the same time". Of course her response is something like, meh.
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Addict
Still a month away.
Old 18th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Well, I did sing into it, and listened-at the same time.
Pretty challenging for us singers!
Chris
and I heard you. you have a great voice!
CK
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks! My chess skill honestly, has declined a bit though-finally at 60! But I'm having a blast though now, going back through the song catalog I grew up with. Mostly 60's/70's.

Like the Early Elton , ala Tiny Dancer etc.
It was always a little too high for me, so I'm thankful now I can sing that Low Tenor stuff now.
Chris
Old 19th February 2020
sweet! how did I miss this!

kick out!
Old 19th February 2020
Gear Guru

My only question.....

"how far out are we??"
Old 19th February 2020
Lives for gear

Chris
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
My only question.....

"how far out are we??"
shipping first units in March or April. Sorry for the slight delay!
CK
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

2021?

Oops-Sorry I had you confused with someone else!
Chris
Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
2021?

Oops-Sorry I had you confused with someone else!
Chris
That would have been 2022.
Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdkelly View Post
CK
Thanks for the update Chad! Appreciated. Hopefully I will have recovered from recent purchases by then.
Old 22nd February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Classic! LOL!
Chris
Old 22nd February 2020
Farrr..oouttt man!

Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I think I know who that is.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Addict
Well i have placed my order. Come on April come on!!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
CK
Any demos out there yet? Really would prefer to hear it before ordering! Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae0nn View Post
Any demos out there yet? Really would prefer to hear it before ordering! Thanks
Hi, well we made about 13 demo units (finished units, sans retail packaging) which went out to a couple reviewers and mostly our major distributors around the world, so yes, likely your major distributor has a unit that they have heard and can use for demo. thanks. shipping units very soon.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Again guys, this is a tremendous "bang for the buck", general all rounder microphone.

Sounds exceptional too.

Thanks again Chad, for helping to put this together.
Chris
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi, well we made about 13 demo units (finished units, sans retail packaging) which went out to a couple reviewers and mostly our major distributors around the world, so yes, likely your major distributor has a unit that they have heard and can use for demo. thanks. shipping units very soon.
Sorry I mean't like a demonstration of how it sounds! Any recordings or anything? I can't find any online as of now
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae0nn View Post
Sorry I mean't like a demonstration of how it sounds! Any recordings or anything? I can't find any online as of now
oh, I see, sorry, yes! that is coming very soon. We have an artist with one and we have a couple larger dealers who have them and are shooting some video content, etc. coming soon!

Chad
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
oh, I see, sorry, yes! that is coming very soon. We have an artist with one and we have a couple larger dealers who have them and are shooting some video content, etc. coming soon!

Chad
Surely you guys must have some content? I mean you probably did a few test recordings
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

It's peculiar nobody has heard this mic yet. Maybe they started their marketing too early. Clearly many people want to hear it, but I don't know many people who will pre-order a mic blind, after half a year of marketing. There is a reason nobody is hearing it. What that reason may be could be a number of things. Maybe they were expecting more pre-orders based solely on the marketing to fund the manufacturing and ran into a hurdle there. And now, with the state of things it could be till the fall. Who knows. Just speculating, but it is peculiar. If they wanted people to hear it, we would have heard it.

Last edited by Deadletteroffice; 5 days ago at 09:37 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadletteroffice View Post
...Just speculating, but it is peculiar. If they wanted people to hear it, we would have heard it.
Yeah!!! All I care about is how its sounds guys! Sorry if I’m being pushy, that pretty website has me hyped up lol
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

FWIW I'm sure Chad will do whatever he can, when he can. More than worth the wait-if you can wait.

Most of us "enthusiasts", aren't under as much deadline pressure, versus a Pro Studio.
Especially now!
Chris
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

First, many people HAVE heard the mic. At NAMM this past January. Second, as far as there being no demo's this is not peculiar at all. The mic has been on public display. There's a TON of stuff to do to bring a product to market, and Chad / United is not like Samsung, Phillips or Harman. It's a small operation with only so many man-hours to get all the work done -- when big companies have dozens of people to do the same jobs. I'm sure he'll have demos when he has time to do them. Until then, wait for the release. Then there will be 3rd party demos no doubt.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

And just having a 2 Party system is never good enough!
Chris
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
First, many people HAVE heard the mic. At NAMM this past January. Second, as far as there being no demo's this is not peculiar at all. The mic has been on public display. There's a TON of stuff to do to bring a product to market, and Chad / United is not like Samsung, Phillips or Harman. It's a small operation with only so many man-hours to get all the work done -- when big companies have dozens of people to do the same jobs. I'm sure he'll have demos when he has time to do them. Until then, wait for the release. Then there will be 3rd party demos no doubt.
I disagree. When you have a MICROPHONE on pre-sale for nearly half a year you might consider making letting people hear it a priority. Anyone buying a microphone from the photos alone may be proven very foolish.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I disagree. When you have a MICROPHONE on pre-sale for nearly half a year you might consider making letting people hear it a priority. Anyone buying a microphone from the photos alone may be proven very foolish.
Yeah, but he's not selling microphones yet. From the best of my knowledge, there IS no pre-sale. Just an announcement that it's coming.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yeah, but he's not selling microphones yet. From the best of my knowledge, there IS no pre-sale. Just an announcement that it's coming.
Wrong. It's on pre-sale on many online retailers and has been for months.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Wrong. It's on pre-sale on many online retailers and has been for months.
OK. Got a link?

I wanna order one. Vintage King doesn't have them FS yet. They have them listed though.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search