The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elektron announces OS Upgrade for Analog Heat MKI/MKII
Old 8th October 2019
News Desk Editor

Elektron announces OS Upgrade for Analog Heat MKI/MKII-unnamed-8-.jpg

With the new Analog Heat OS 1.20, we’ve added features that will expand the usability of our powerful sound processor, enabling more sound sculpting possibilities and experimentation. With these new features, plus a few improvements and bug fixes, 1.20 is here for your fiery leisure!

Class compliant audio over USB
We’ve added support for class compliant audio over USB. This means that you will have new possibilities when using the Analog Heat together with devices that supports class compliant audio (such as computers, phones or tablets) making it an even more flexible partner in your setup. Practically this means you now may use the unit in a bunch of different scenarios - for example, as an audio interface, recording the processed sound, or as a sound processor for your USB audio host. You can also use the USB audio host as a pre or post effect for the Analog Heat. The choice is yours.

Check out all the routing options in the new Audio Routing menu. Here you can setup up the audio routing in a multitude of different ways to suit your particular setup and needs.

Preset transfer
You can now export and import the Analog Heat’s presets and settings. This enables safe storage of your favorite presets and settings, and the possibility to reload them at your convenience.

For a full list of improvements and fixes, check the release notes: https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/u...20_readme.html

Download Analog Heat OS 1.20 here.

If you use the Overbridge Beta, you will need to update to the new Overbridge release, which is also released today to support the new 1.20 firmware. You can download this at Elektronauts (log-in required): https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overb...ic-beta/106645
Attached Thumbnails
Elektron announces OS Upgrade for Analog Heat MKI/MKII-unnamed-8-.jpg  
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Nut

This is great news. Did you try it? Does it work with MK1?
Old 8th October 2019
Lives for gear

I already know which direction this thread will take
Old 8th October 2019
DSK
Lives for gear

I love Elektron

Gonna pick one of these babies up real soon it seems
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I love Elektron

Gonna pick one of these babies up real soon it seems
I was thinking about selling mine but I just love what it does on hats and electronic bass.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
LAME

They shouldn't have bothered, what a useless update...USB audio? Didn't it already do that?

Now I can use it as an aggregate? Why would I want to do that?

Flexible routing with USB audio? It's 2 in 2 out.....How "Flexible" can it be? And who cares anyway? USB audio is a lame update feature...

ESPECIALLY WHEN....IT STILL LACKED CORE FUNCTIONS!! MIDI NOTES! WTF!?!

It was insulting that Elektron INTENTIONALLY crippled these devices' ability to function as a MIDI interface and so obvious...dropping MIDI code into a box like this is standard.

They actually took time out of their day to REMOVE the code, they put in extra time and effort to REMOVE a standard feature from this box.

That kind of crap is unacceptable, it shows contempt for customers. The fact that they have the nerve to issue a useless update containing features that just don't matter, while intentionally (BELIEVE ME they KNOW people were pissed about the MIDI) leaving out the one thing that was UNANIMOUSLY stated as something it should have done out of the box.

Yet again, they ignore...No prob, after I discovered they had removed a core functionality, something they are NOTORIOUS for doing..and there wasn't an update quickly to amend what was unacceptable...I said "I'm not buying ANY Elektron stuff EVER again"

This was about a company respecting its customers, they charged a PREMIUM price for
this thing, if you want to charge a premium price, then GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY PAY FOR.

I've talked at least several people out of buying an Elektron box, mostly by sharing the company's track record for this kind of thing it's not hard to do, that's several grand in sales, and I'm going to keep on doing it,

You should respect your customers Elektron...if not...It will cost you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Preset transfer??

Seeing as how only 3 of the circuits are worth using and they sound like what they sound like, this is as pointless a feature add as you can get.

Ever heard of anyone "sharing" a heat preset? Talking about "Patch recipes"? Presets online to download? People making presets and selling them.

No, because it doesn't exist, an analog heat "preset" is no more than.....1. pick circuit 1-3 2. turn up gain. 3. use filter and EQ if you want.......THE END.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
This is great news. Did you try it? Does it work with MK1?
Why is it great news?

Doesn't seem like anyone has had a single thing to say about this "update"

Please, explain the "greatness"?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search