The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: Apogee Launches Clearmountain’s Domain Plugin
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear

Seems like buying Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning.

You can literally make your own that's better.
Old 11th October 2019
Apogee

Roger from Apogee here.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm here to reassure Windows 10 users that we're currently testing the Windows version and should have it ready for release 30 days from the AES show, so second week of November.

We've been working on this plugin for years, and it really has Clearmountain's sonic fingerprint in every aspect - he personally created every preset, recorded and processed every impulse response, spec'ed out every control. He's made it easy to reproduce some of his iconic sounds from the past, but more importantly provides access "under the hood" so users can employ his workflow to create their own sounds. As Bob himself says, "Show me something I don't know!"
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robindore View Post
Roger from Apogee here.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm here to reassure Windows 10 users that we're currently testing the Windows version and should have it ready for release 30 days from the AES show, so second week of November.
Hi Roger- will the plug only work with Windows 10? Usually most PC plugs are backwards compatible to about Windows 7.
Old 11th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
... it really has Clearmountain's sonic fingerprint in every aspect - he personally created every preset, recorded and processed every impulse response, spec'ed out every control.
We can put his head in Cryo and someone else will wake it back up in a hundred years, but it won't be us. So I guess this is the next best thing.
Old 12th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
So is this product similar territory to IKMs Lurssen and One products?
No, Those you mentioned are mainly quick ways to master - balance and bring up volume (not creative).

This looks like it's all about creating loads of space in a mix (creative). Listen to Avalon by Roxy Music (he mixed that).
Old 12th October 2019
Gear Addict

I heard on Warren Huart's channel that BC sometimes pitched and sent delays to multiple reverbs. Madness
Definitely need to experiment more with my effects sends. Waiting for second week in November when this can hopefully be demoed on a PC (yes us PC folks do buy high end plugins as well lol).
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I heard on Warren Huart's channel that BC sometimes pitched and sent delays to multiple reverbs. Madness
Why so much hype about a basic thing of sound design?
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, Those you mentioned are mainly quick ways to master - balance and bring up volume (not creative).

This looks like it's all about creating loads of space in a mix (creative). Listen to Avalon by Roxy Music (he mixed that).
I see. Thanks for reply.
Old 12th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Roger from Apogee here.

We've been working on this plugin for years, and it really has Clearmountain's sonic fingerprint in every aspect - he personally created every preset, recorded and processed every impulse response, spec'ed out every control. He's made it easy to reproduce some of his iconic sounds from the past, but more importantly provides access "under the hood" so users can employ his workflow to create their own sounds. As Bob himself says, "Show me something I don't know!"
Yeah... what he said.
Old 12th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I don't think what Bob Clearmountain has achieved in mixing can be described as "basic" sound design.

I could have gone in to a long winded explanation of all I would like to see "under the hood" of his processes but thought I would keep the post succinct.

I think anyone passionate about music would be at least interested to demo and see his processes even if they didn't want to purchase. I don't think you ever stop learning sound design and he is one of the best.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

I’m still tdm hd10 so I can’t use it. Bob would be cool to see a video of you explaining the ir captures and what all the parameters do.
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
It’s not so much hype as giving credit where credit is due. Things that are taken for granted as being basic sound design today were at one time innovative. Mr. Clearmountain is one of those innovators.
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Bob Clearmountain forever

woman in chains
by tears for fears

one of my favourite mixes ever

great to have you here mr. clearmountain !
Many of us would love one or two video episodes
from you deconstructing one of your classic mixes
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
woman in chains
by tears for fears

one of my favourite mixes ever

great to have you here mr. clearmountain !
Many of us would love one or two video episodes
from you deconstructing one of your classic mixes
There is a short video with him on You Tube with Warren Huart interviewing him about the plugin (Produce Like A Pro channel). It's the second half of the video after Warren stops "playing" around with the plugin.

Interview is short but worth a watch.
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Head

Wow, every process in this plugin sounds absolutely beautiful. Bravo!
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear
Have they captured the warmth of a cat sitting on the console and its effect on sound characteristics of the channels underneath?
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicLantern View Post
Wow, every process in this plugin sounds absolutely beautiful. Bravo!
I have to wait to try it being on Windows. It's as bad as when having to wait for Gullfoss to come to Windows, but hopefully this won't take as long as that did. The developer said it should be around the second week of November, earlier in this thread if I recall.
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Have they captured the warmth of a cat sitting on the console and its effect on sound characteristics of the channels underneath?
The cat rides the faders lol.
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
The cat rides the faders lol.
I spilled my dreamies
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Guru

demoing.
interesting plug in.
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Report back please RoundBadge

Cheers
Old 14th October 2019
I'm really delighted to let you all know that Bob Clearmountain came to Sweetwater and tracked a session with Neff-U several months ago. They recorded a track from scratch using all Apogee converters, preamps, and the Apogee HypeMic.

Bob has graciously agreed to let us distribute those tracks for all of you to hear not only what the Apogee plug-ins can do but also so you can look over his shoulder and see how a Clearmountain mix is constructed. It's a 1.2G download that includes installers for all the Apogee plug-ins PLUS the multitrack session audio files AND Bob's mix using Clearmountain's Domain. If you want to hear the Apogee plug-ins, there's no better way than auditioning them in a session recorded by Bob himself.

On a personal note, it's fascinating to be able to spend time looking through all the routing and processing. I've been mixing for decades and I still found it very educational. And how often do you get the chance to get "under the hood" and watch a master mix? See what all Bob does inside a mix and hear the result. Turn the plug-ins on and off. I'd encourage you to download these tracks and mix and I suspect you'll learn a lot. Let me know what you think.

Here's the link to the article where you'll find the download link.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/le...pogee-plug-in/
Old 15th October 2019
Old 17th October 2019
News Desk Editor

Old 20th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
The best part is the bloopers at the end.
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixShmix View Post
The best part is the bloopers at the end.
This is amazing
Old 31st October 2019
Lives for gear

Old 31st October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
demoing.
interesting plug in.
What’s your opinion after two weeks!? Worth the price tag?
Old 31st October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaronhoffman View Post
What’s your opinion after two weeks!? Worth the price tag?
And also is it still coming to Windows in the second week of November as stated? Cheers.
Old 3rd November 2019
Lives for gear

How long is the demo time..... Could not find it.
Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search