The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3
Old 2nd October 2019
News Desk Editor

iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3

iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3-standard-match-eq.jpg

iZotope Continues to Steer the Future of Mastering with the Release of Ozone 9

iZotope Inc., Cambridge, MA (October 3, 2019) - iZotope, Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, today launch Ozone 9, building on a seventeen year legacy in audio mastering. Ozone 9 brings balance to music with never-before seen processing for low end, new real-time instrument separation, and lightning-fast workflows powered by machine learning.

With features such as its expanded Master Assistant, creators can deliver the exact vibe they are looking for - from warm analog character to transparent loudness for streaming. Ozone 9’s Tonal Balance Control can now talk to more iZotope plug-ins in the session and plug-in performance is improved for faster work, smoother metering, and resizable windows, helping users get rid of any uncertainty on whether music is ready for release.

Master Rebalance gives Ozone 9 users the final say in a mix. Instrument levels can be corrected or changed without needing the original tracks. For example, users can add presence to vocals without affecting the midrange, or eliminate muddy low end by slightly lowering the bass guitar. Weak-sounding drums can be corrected with one small boost that can save hours of EQ surgery.

Low End Focus is the first line of defense against a muddy or blurry low end in a mix. Using Ozone 9’s new processing designed to enhance bass sounds, this feature brings clarity to a users’ low end and gives a well-defined foundation for each track. Creators can also tame unruly or clashing kick drums and boomy bass guitars without changing overall impact and go in-depth with surgical controls that shape tone and timbre, bringing out the best in the low end - with minimal artifacts - using this industry-first bass shaping tool.

“In Ozone 9, we focused heavily on delivering experiences that no one has ever seen to the world of mixing and mastering, while enhancing the innovations that version 8 introduced two years ago,” said iZotope Product Manager Dan Gonzalez. “With tools and workflows powered by source separation, spectral processing, inter-plugin communication and machine learning we aim to give our users confidence and inspiration at every stage of their mix and master with one suite of plugins. We can’t wait for everyone to try it out - it truly is the future of mastering.”

Ozone 9’s improved Tonal Balance Control allows tracks to be adjusted to targets based on thousands of professional masters, drawing on decades of mastering expertise. Now with faster performance and smooth metering, Tonal Balance Control also provides more ways to communicate with other iZotope plug-ins across a session. Users can call up any instance of Neutron, Nectar, Relay or Ozone, and make per-track adjustments to EQ and gain and accurately fine tune a mix in any listening environment or genre, while easily addressing balance issues without opening multiple plug-ins.

Ozone 9’s improved Master Assistant uses machine learning to create a custom preset in seconds. The new Vintage mode provides automatic adjustments for Vintage EQ, Vintage Limiter, and more, to allow users to quickly add the right combination of color and character. Master Assistant Intelligently sets loudness to meet CD or streaming targets, preparing a solid master for distribution in seconds. Or, users can load a reference track to have Master Assistant match the flavor and intensity of any audio.

Ozone 9 brings the tone and vibe of favorite artists to a track with the upgraded EQ Match. Match to any reference track with over 8000 separate bands to give the most precise snapshot possible. New region parameters now give more control over the end result by letting users choose what parts of the audio to match. They can also capture a reference from a track in a session, or a reference file loaded into Ozone 9 and save favorite results as presets for easy access.

Ozone 9 Key Features

Master Rebalance: Adjust the levels of vocals and other instruments in a stereo audio file, solve balance issues without needing the original stems.

Low End Focus: Quickly adjust the contrast and definition of low frequencies and get a hard hitting master every time, without needing a complex plug-in chain.

Improved Tonal Balance Control: Tonal Balance Control is improved with smoother metering, resizability, new target curves, and inter-plugin communication with Relay and Nectar for quick and easy gain control across the mixing and mastering stages.

Expanded Master Assistant: Choose from a modern or vintage vibe, with loudness targets for CD and streaming. Get a great starting point every time, no matter the style, format, or genre.

Match EQ module: Ozone 9 offers a brand new experience for Match EQ, with a better preset workflow, the ability to match from a reference track, and deeper controls that lets users match parts of the frequency spectrum.

Vintage Modules: A colorful collection of Vintage modules add warmth, grit, and vibe to a creators music, now available as both modules and component plug-ins in Ozone 9 Standard.

Updated UI/UX: Ozone 9 is faster and easier to use, with a modernized resizable interface, fluid metering, and an expanded module chain.

Native Instruments NKS Support: NKS support puts Ozone directly into the creative production process. Easily access controls, presets and DSP from within an NKS supported environment, such as MASCHINE or a KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard.

Improved Performance: Experience faster performance and smoother workflows improved visualizations and fluid metering.

Component plug-ins: Use any Ozone 9 Advanced module as a separate plug-in in a DAW, meaning users get more than 10 component module plugins.

With the release, iZotope also introduced Music Production Suite 3, giving access to over thirty industry-standard plug-ins that interact across the session and provide time-saving assistive features, innovative new workflows, and cutting-edge visual analysis tools. It features the brand new Ozone 9, along with iZotope’s most musical stereo reverbs R4 and NIMBUS. Users will also take advantage of educational content with a one-year Groov3’s All-Access Pass.

iZotope’s Tonal Balance Bundle, which includes Neutron 3 now also includes Nectar, Ozone 9, and brings mixing and mastering into one interconnected workflow that will help creators achieve a professional, polished sound.

For more information, visit: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone.html
Attached Thumbnails
iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3-standard-match-eq.jpg  
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Software Izotope Music Production Suite 3 and Ozone 9

Izotope Music Production Suite 3 and Ozone 9 now available.

Hopefully there will be good loyalty upgrade prices...

Looks like they are including some Exponential Audio stuff in the MPS3.
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

I feel like Ozone 8 came out not that long ago. I am currently not seeing any special pricing for upgrading from 8 to 9. Just a price for 400 bucks. No thanks.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by madubbs View Post
I feel like Ozone 8 came out not that long ago. I am currently not seeing any special pricing for upgrading from 8 to 9. Just a price for 400 bucks. No thanks.
Same here
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Head
$249 upgrade price if you already own Ozone 8 Advanced. Hmmm! Think I'll give it a miss!

UPDATE: Izotope had messed up my account and I couldn't get proper access. Now confirmed $149 loyalty upgrade from Ozone 8 Advanced to 9.

Last edited by dgc4rter; 3rd October 2019 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Wrong info.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

I only just upgraded MPS2 to MPS2.1 when Neutron 3 was released. Now MPS3 has been released and they haven't even put any loyalty upgrade offers in the my account section. If you upgrade to MPS3 they will probably then release the next Nectar and release MPS3.1 then release the next Vocal Synth and release MPS3.2 etc etc. and it will go on and on. I just think they should just wait until there are enough new products out until they call it a "new suite". I will more than likely be waiting until there is a justifiable reason to make me upgrade this time around.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Head
These guys never give good loyalty upgrading prices. You will have to wait until the cows come home for that to happen.
Old 2nd October 2019
Wait till Black Friday
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

I'm seeing $149 upgrade to Advanced in my account. Quick comparison, IRC4 limiter sounds more low end heavy (which I think is a good thing). So that alone is worth it. No other stores have it yet (audiodeluxe etc) so its probably too new to get a sense of $.
Old 2nd October 2019
Same here, showing $149 upgrade to 9 Advanced from 8 Advanced.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

upgrade from Advanced 8 to 9 is $149 until end of October.

The introduction video sounds wired, it's like pushing the idea of "fix it in the master!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVesdLOXOM
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Unless it nabs me more.customers I will stick with version 5.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Nut
M Albazy,

Yeah, start with master and end with master. Don't mix at all, Ozone will do everything and fix and improve and restore) hype
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

On a quick run the Maximizer is better at handling transients (cleaner) and low-end compared to v8. The other modules looks the same with a few GUI changes and there's a lot of new intelligent bullsh** for the kids.
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Music Production Suite Loyalty Offer $399

No upgrade Price?
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Same - $149 to Ozone 9 Advanced or $249 to MPS3. I don't really see the value just yet myself after watching the vids and will probably wait till Black Friday sales as they may have added to the music production suite package by then with another updated product line. I do think that some of the new features in Ozone 9 look good though and will probably be getting it, just not yet. As to the lowend stuff, Bassroom does a good job there.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
Music Production Suite Loyalty Offer $399

No upgrade Price?
I'd email them - see my comment above on my prices listed. But I am on MPS2.1 not MPS2 which could be why...
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Same - $149 to Ozone 9 Advanced or $249 to MPS3. I don't really see the value just yet myself after watching the vids and will probably wait till Black Friday sales as they may have added to the music production suite package by then with another updated product line. I do think that some of the new features in Ozone 9 look good though and will probably be getting it, just not yet. As to the lowend stuff, Bassroom does a good job there.
I agree, no value in the update what so ever. The two addition verbs and one year sub to Groove 3 - not interested in those.

Does anyone know the Grace Period as I purchased MPS 2.1 in August 19.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I agree, no value in the update what so ever. The two addition verbs and one year sub to Groove 3 - not interested in those.

Yeah, not really interested in those either just now but I did demo those verbs and they were good, the guy who started Exponential Audio came from Lexicon and was one of the people behind their PCM series, so there's some pedigree for reverbs.

No idea about a grace period though, I think with most companies it's around a month or so from registering product so it's worth a try emailing them.

Edit: there are literally loads of presets (more than I have ever seen) in those verbs with the ability to quickly scroll through with keyboard's arrow keys to try them out - just thought I'd mention.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:

I did the same thing August 15th haha. I've emailed them already but haven't heard back yet.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Unless it nabs me more.customers I will stick with version 5.
I think it's worth going to v7, the Maximiser is much better and the matching EQ is genuinely useful. V8 - hmmm - the Vintage limiter is useful sometimes and the dynamic EQ is very good. I prefer the look and feel of V7 though. I've got Neutron and still use good old Alloy 2 more often - I think the auto-tweaking stuff is generally rubbish - I assume that's the main aim for Ozone v9. You'd have to be pretty bad at mixing for Neutron to make a better decision than you!
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Addict

The match EQ feature is great.
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Addict

They cut out Matching EQ option from Ozone 9 Equalizer module, and made it less functional... Downgrading EQ module is such a great marketing decision!
Old 3rd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by artech909 View Post
They cut out Matching EQ option from Ozone 9 Equalizer module, and made it less functional... Downgrading EQ module is such a great marketing decision!
In Ozone 9 Advanced, the Match EQ module has been totally revamped, and allows you to use this module by itself without the EQ Module.
And the Total Balance Control has been improved to make it easier to find your target sound.

I've been a user of Ozone since version 6. I just downloaded Version 9 and have only spent a few minutes with it. But I've been watching all the new tutorial videos and new feature videos to get better acquainted with it.

I think it's worth the $150 upgrade for previous users. Many more features, and they say it has improved performance. Which brings me to my final observation (for now)

I've noticed that going from Ozone 7 to 8, there was a noticeable increase in system resources. And it appears from the few minutes I spent with Ozone 9, it's even more of a resource hog than 7 or 8. I had a simple 4 track song, EZ Drums, two Kontakt tracks with bass and guitar, and Blue3 Hammond Organ.

When I plugged in Ozone9, and selected one of the presets, which used only 4 modules, I was getting a whole lot of clicking and popping on playback.
Even though I have a powerful DAW machine (Intel i7-5820k with 32 GB of ram), and it's configured to give me optimal performance, I was surprised to hear so much clicking and popping.

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, but there is a note on the Izotope website that Ozone 9 does have issues with Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.356 (which is what I have), saying that there might be crashes when you open up Ozone 9. I haven't had any crashes, but that issue might be related. Hopefully that will be updated and fixed soon.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the upgrade. For now I can get around the clicking and popping by freezing a couple of my tracks.
Old 3rd October 2019
mfx
Lives for gear

Having ozone 7 to 8. Msp 1 and 2.i am totally lost in the over convoluted packages and additional releases with vocal synth And neutron erc They really need to clean up their bundles and upgrade paths. It seems to straddle and be expensive.
Starting to wonder if they're in financial troubles or struggling with their market share.
I just get the impression they've lost sight of their pricing and packaging.
Maybe I'm wrong. But I cannot get my head around it. Do pass on the upgrade.
Old 3rd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
Having ozone 7 to 8. Msp 1 and 2.i am totally lost in the over convoluted packages and additional releases with vocal synth And neutron erc They really need to clean up their bundles and upgrade paths. It seems to straddle and be expensive.
Starting to wonder if they're in financial troubles or struggling with their market share.
Yes, I agree. I think they have gone overboard with all their mixing/mastering plugins and suites.
For me, I'm happy with just Ozone for mastering, and maybe Nectar for vocals.
I can't see putting Neutron in every track and tying it in with Ozone.

I use Cakewalk (Sonar), and it comes with enough plugins and utilities to make a decent mix. Ozone is just icing on the cake (no pun intended) to get that polished, professional sounding mastered final mix.

Their products are a bit expensive, but for something like Ozone Advanced, I think it's worth it. It offers fantastic results with an excellent UI. Although the upgrade prices could be a little less expensive.
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
There certainly needs to be a far more organised structure as to what they do with their "Suites".

Edit: Some third party sellers like Plugin Boutque have these on sale now until end of the month. It works out cheaper to buy from PB than in my Izotope Loyalty pricing area. Probably best to see what other third party sellers are offering over next few days.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear

I have Ozone 8 Advanced (and the Music Production Suite 2) and it's showing $299 for me to upgrade to Ozone 9 Advanced. It's actually showing me a cheaper path with the Music Production Suite upgrade at $249.

I'm seriously questioning the value of this upgrade at the $150 price people here are mentioning, but it's surely not worth $299 to me.

- I can do the mix rebalance for vocal/bass/drums in RX7 Standard.
- The low end focus can be worked out with the mask EQ tools.
- There was a match EQ feature before, no? (Maybe thinking of another plug I own.)

Although it would be handy to have these in the plugin, they're still tools I have from iZotope.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
I have Ozone 8 Advanced (and the Music Production Suite 2) and it's showing $299 for me to upgrade to Ozone 9 Advanced. It's actually showing me a cheaper path with the Music Production Suite upgrade at $249.

I'm seriously questioning the value of this upgrade at the $150 price people here are mentioning, but it's surely not worth $299 to me.

- I can do the mix rebalance for vocal/bass/drums in RX7 Standard.
- The low end focus can be worked out with the mask EQ tools.
- There was a match EQ feature before, no? (Maybe thinking of another plug I own.)

Although it would be handy to have these in the plugin, they're still tools I have from iZotope.
You're so right.

I have used Izotope products since the beginning, I even have the old Soundforge tools which still sound great, but recently took the Ozone route at my own studio, then bagged the MPS2.1.

Maybe someone from Izotope can comment here on the MP Suite crazy price as I just don't get it.

They sell the whole MP Suite as being a way to save money with updates and upgrades. It would appear this is not true. Glad I purchased on my Credit Card.
Old 3rd October 2019
adl
Lives for gear

Check out jrrshop for better prices compared to the "loyality offer" from izotope itself. I can upgrade from MPS 2.1 to MPS 3 for 169$ which includes Ozone 9 and the 2 reverbs. Izotope offers me the MPS 3 for 399$, which gives me the very same as i get with the 169$ deal from jrr shop.

Check out the deals here (you get a discount automatically during checkout)
https://www.jrrshop.com
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search