The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
I get stuttering and cpu hogging if I'm using it with lots of plugins already but as soon as I minimize the Ozone 9 GUI after making a change it settles down so is it possible it's a graphics thing? Maybe AMD is better than nVidia for handling the resources? Dunno...
This isn't specific to Ozone, but I've noticed that the only place I really experience graphical issues is when working in Windows 10. On Mac OS, everything is smooth, even when a lot of plug-ins are loaded and open on-screen. Too many bugs related to graphical stuff when working on Windows at the moment.
Old 3 weeks ago
Motown legend

I've noticed the same with win 10 but not when using the same software running on my win 8.1 system disk.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It must specifically be a Windows 10 issue then.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
It must specifically be a Windows 10 issue then.
The performance issues I am seeing (when the izotope plugin windows are open) are on MacOS Mojave (with Logic).

Last edited by ZFire; 2 weeks ago at 03:19 AM.. Reason: addendum
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFire View Post
The performance issues I am seeing (when the izotope plugin windows are open) are on MacOS Mojave (with Logic).
My comment was focused on software performance in general, not Ozone 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
This isn't specific to Ozone, but I've noticed that the only place I really experience graphical issues is when working in Windows 10. On Mac OS, everything is smooth, even when a lot of plug-ins are loaded and open on-screen. Too many bugs related to graphical stuff when working on Windows at the moment.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I wondering is good deal to buy upgrade from Neutron 2 Standard, Ozone 8 standard into tonal balance - Ozone 9 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced and Nectar for 200 or buy 2 plugins from fabfilter. eq and delay
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTech1 View Post
I wondering is good deal to buy upgrade from Neutron 2 Standard, Ozone 8 standard into tonal balance - Ozone 9 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced and Nectar for 200 or buy 2 plugins from fabfilter. eq and delay
Yeah, that seems like a great deal for what you are getting!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
Yeah, that seems like a great deal for what you are getting!
I really want to upgrade with the Tonal bundle but Ozone 8 is pretty resource-intensive on my system & I'm worried 9 + Neutron 3 modules or mothership will bring sessions to complete standstill.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdvb View Post
I really want to upgrade with the Tonal bundle but Ozone 8 is pretty resource-intensive on my system & I'm worried 9 + Neutron 3 modules or mothership will bring sessions to complete standstill.
Ozone 9 is probably quite a bit more resource intensive, depending on the modules/plugins that you are using.
Neutron 3 seems way better optimized than N2 was though. I can put it across every track in a project and Cubase 10 performance meter barely budges.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Ozone 9 is probably quite a bit more resource intensive, depending on the modules/plugins that you are using.
Neutron 3 seems way better optimized than N2 was though. I can put it across every track in a project and Cubase 10 performance meter barely budges.
Yeah, I demo'd Ozone 9 last night & as I suspected, my system can't handle it even with no other plugins except Sonarworks Reference. Glitch audio if I have the plugin displayed at all in Reaper. It's mostly OK if the Ozone UI is hidden but of course, you can't edit parameters then.

Funny enough, Studio One fared much better w/ dropout protection as I could get away with Ozone mothership + 2 instances of Master Rebalance before the glitches came.

I'm sure if I had a better graphics card, this problem would abate somewhat.

I would really like to either get Neutron or Fabfilter EQs so will try that out today to verify it's doesn't hog resources as much as Ozone. I really like FF EQ3 but it's hard to justify paying $135 for it when I can get the Ozone Master+Mix suite for $65 more.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdvb View Post
Yeah, I demo'd Ozone 9 last night & as I suspected, my system can't handle it even with no other plugins except Sonarworks Reference. Glitch audio if I have the plugin displayed at all in Reaper. It's mostly OK if the Ozone UI is hidden but of course, you can't edit parameters then.

Funny enough, Studio One fared much better w/ dropout protection as I could get away with Ozone mothership + 2 instances of Master Rebalance before the glitches came.

I'm sure if I had a better graphics card, this problem would abate somewhat.

I would really like to either get Neutron or Fabfilter EQs so will try that out today to verify it's doesn't hog resources as much as Ozone. I really like FF EQ3 but it's hard to justify paying $135 for it when I can get the Ozone Master+Mix suite for $65 more.
The way that the iZotope software paints the screen is highly resource intensive unless you have a good graphics card, and it is a real problem for many of us. A couple of things you can do that can help:
- Use the smallest possible size of the plugin window. System load appears to be proportional to window size.
- On a Mac, you can mark an app as "open in low resolution mode", and this makes a huge difference. The standalone Ozone is very usable in this mode, but unfortunately if you're using Ozone within Logic, the Logic fonts become very fuzzy.

P.S. Let iZotope support know this is an issue for you. If they hear it enough they will be more likely to address the problem.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've been waiting to upgrade to N3. Usually my upgrade path is through the RX Production Suite, but being a non ProTools user with some already good quality reverbs, Neutron is the only thing of value I'd be getting from that purchase.

It would pay for me to wait until a new version of RX is included.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac
Done, just put in a comment to Izo support.

Had the same problem with VCV Rack, where the UI causes the audio to glitch even if CPU/memory is fine.

Standalone Ozone is fine for me since I wouldn't have tons of tracks or plugs going. But I like to use the Ozone component plugs during mixing & can quickly get into trouble there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFire View Post
The way that the iZotope software paints the screen is highly resource intensive unless you have a good graphics card, and it is a real problem for many of us. A couple of things you can do that can help:
- Use the smallest possible size of the plugin window. System load appears to be proportional to window size.
- On a Mac, you can mark an app as "open in low resolution mode", and this makes a huge difference. The standalone Ozone is very usable in this mode, but unfortunately if you're using Ozone within Logic, the Logic fonts become very fuzzy.

P.S. Let iZotope support know this is an issue for you. If they hear it enough they will be more likely to address the problem.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search