The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope introduces Ozone 9 and Music Production Suite 3
Old 26th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by csiking View Post
Is anyone else experiencing CPU hog issues when only running Master Rebalance and Low End Focus at the same time? I can run 50+ normal plugins on my system however these two with no other plugs applied will bring my system to overload.

Now to be clear the issue happens when you have these two plugins running but try to open one of the plugins to make adjustments...all I get is audio jitter cutting in and out.

Would love to hear if others are experiencing this as well.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
I just started using the 9 Bundle last night. I had Ozone 9 loaded on my master bus, and saw a moderate cpu bump. I then loaded Master Rebalance and the cpu was almost pegged at that point! I was expecting a significant spike, but not that much.

Marc

The CPU thing is odd. I am using Cakewalk on a Win 10 machine , I7-3770 processor at 3.4Mhz , 8Mb RAM

Running Ozone with those two modules active, on a project with a singe stereo track, task manager shows that Cakewalk in total is using 13% CPU
Old 26th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
The CPU thing is odd. I am using Cakewalk on a Win 10 machine , I7-3770 processor at 3.4Mhz , 8Mb RAM

Running Ozone with those two modules active, on a project with a singe stereo track, task manager shows that Cakewalk in total is using 13% CPU
I think a lot of people are treating Ozone as a mixing tool and opening it during mix sessions. It can be done this way if you have the computer to handle it but it is primarily for mastering - like you say on a session with a single stereo track.

Edit: All good mastering plugins take more CPU but they can afford to do so as they won't be opened in full blown mix sessions.
Old 26th October 2019
Here for the gear
I’ve been using individual modules of Ozone 9 in a mixing session and they uniformly take much longer to load than the ones in O8 (8-cores, 16GB ram). Intro videos suggested faster load times — I’m not seeing it.
Old 26th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McNamara View Post
I’ve been using individual modules of Ozone 9 in a mixing session and they uniformly take much longer to load than the ones in O8 (8-cores, 16GB ram). Intro videos suggested faster load times — I’m not seeing it.
Agreed. There must be something happening under the hood to cause this. Ozone 5 most certainly loads faster.
Old 28th October 2019
Gear Nut

I'm new to OZONE 9 (or any Ozone !) and am scratching my head over something that must be simple but is evading me.

I pick a preset I like the sound of and then use master assist to get good starting levels, but master assist doesn't keep the same EQ settings, it picks what it thinks is best for my track.

So what's the point in me finding a nice sounding preset in the first place ?

Please be kind as I'm a noob with Ozone
Old 28th October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMTech View Post
I'm new to OZONE 9 (or any Ozone !) and am scratching my head over something that must be simple but is evading me.

I pick a preset I like the sound of and then use master assist to get good starting levels, but master assist doesn't keep the same EQ settings, it picks what it thinks is best for my track.

So what's the point in me finding a nice sounding preset in the first place ?

Please be kind as I'm a noob with Ozone
The presets aren't to be used in conjunction with the "Mastering Assistant". If you've found a preset that works, then just stick to it, and/or manually adjust the individual modules. The "Mastering Assistant" analyzes the music/content and creates a sort of custom preset for you to start with, and you can tweak the modules from there.
Old 28th October 2019
Lives for gear

Ended up getting the Music Production Suite for a loyalty offer of $399. Unbelievable amount of plug ins included with this thing. Super happy to have all these tools.
Old 28th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutler View Post
The presets aren't to be used in conjunction with the "Mastering Assistant". If you've found a preset that works, then just stick to it, and/or manually adjust the individual modules. The "Mastering Assistant" analyzes the music/content and creates a sort of custom preset for you to start with, and you can tweak the modules from there.
Of course, makes total sense !

I watched a tutorial video where the person picked a preset and then moved onto the assistant and that threw me !

Thanks
Old 30th October 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
After 2 days of testing. This version isn't worth it if you already have v8, most of the new features for the newcomers who want to sound like someone else music. Maybe I'll consider v10 but not v9 at all.
I've been really impressed with their new stereo imager. The "II" mode is quite an improvement. I'm still on 7 so will jump to 9...

Erik.
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Anyone know why the individual bands in the stereo imager are locked in this version, and how to unlock them?

I'm visually impaired at the moment and can't see the option. They were band unlocked by default in Ozone 8.
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Guru
I find the master assist makes things sound thin..... but no expert here..... I find the mastering presets really good on some stuff. I tend to prefer Elevate but am not using the full on Ozone 8..... I thing the new advanced analyser would be something cool however......
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
Anyone know why the individual bands in the stereo imager are locked in this version, and how to unlock them?

I'm visually impaired at the moment and can't see the option. They were band unlocked by default in Ozone 8.

Do you have the 'Learn' button switched on - you can't move the bands when this is switched on . . . . it's caught me out in the past . . . besides that I'm not aware there is an option to lock the band crossover positions (note: I'm on Ozone 8 here).
Old 31st October 2019
Gear Maniac
I can't believe I missed this, I've been using Ozone 8 for a little while now. Just switched out the older Exciter for the new one, added the new maximizer, and wow, I can totally hear a difference. They're making it better and better, it's ridiculous. I also switched to a Weiss Dac2 last week, and so I'm giving this review from what I can hear from my Dac2 and Dynaudio speakers. You have to understand, my mix was already pretty good too (because the Dac2 is great), but I noticed that the new version of Ozone is so much better. If you do serious mastering, it's the tool to use, but you do need to know what you're doing with it, and you need a good mix.

Also as far as price, the upgrade is nothing to me, especially when I need my music to compete on a world scale, and you make 100x of that investment on a song. If you're a hobbyist then ya I totally get it if you're on the fence, but if you work in music for a living, you need Ozone.
Old 1st November 2019
LSP
Lives for gear
Ozone 9 Playback Glitchy

Im using Ozone 9 for mastering. I load all the 2 tracks into a Cubase project, and load Ozone 9 into an insert on the master out.

When I load several modules within Ozone 9, playback is VERY glitchy. The audio is ok, but the transport bar is very Glitchy, and stops and starts are as well. It's acting as if my cpu is overloaded, but it only shows at about 30%.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Im using Ozone 9 for mastering. I load all the 2 tracks into a Cubase project, and load Ozone 9 into an insert on the master out.

When I load several modules within Ozone 9, playback is VERY glitchy. The audio is ok, but the transport bar is very Glitchy, and stops and starts are as well. It's acting as if my cpu is overloaded, but it only shows at about 30%.

Anyone else experience this?
Check for other issues non-CPU related such as are you using SSDs, are you using a separate SSD for your project from the OS SSD your DAW is installed on, have you got sufficient RAM. Not always down to CPU...

Also have you got too much going through a single core of your processor? What is the clock speed of individual cores...

Also make sure your audio interface is set up properly at proper buffer settings etc. Also check ASIO Guard settings. Could be one of many things.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Addict

MPS3.1 with Nectar 4 to be released late this year or in the New Year as Plugin Boutique is giving away free copies of Nectar Elements with any purchase. This always tends to precede a release of an upgraded version. Maximise potential customer base then release the new version with attractive upgrade paths (or not so attractive paths for others depending on the way their coupon lottery goes lol). Let's just hope when this hits Izotope have finally sorted out their loyalty scheme and coupons in peoples' accounts so everything is clear.
Old 1st November 2019
LSP
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Check for other issues non-CPU related such as are you using SSDs, are you using a separate SSD for your project from the OS SSD your DAW is installed on, have you got sufficient RAM. Not always down to CPU...

Also have you got too much going through a single core of your processor? What is the clock speed of individual cores...

Also make sure your audio interface is set up properly at proper buffer settings etc. Also check ASIO Guard settings. Could be one of many things.
My computer is an older system (around 10 years old) built by ADK computers. I can mix relatively large projects, with the cpu around 95% before I start to notice similar issues. I do now have a SSD for my operating system. I have 16 gigs of ram. Not sure about the cores, only that it's a quad core system. I've increased my buffer to no avail.

Just doesn't make sense that ONLY Ozone 9 causes this behavior. I can load up Ozone 8 and it works normally. I can continue with the mastering project using 9, but it is highly annoying.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
My computer is an older system (around 10 years old) built by ADK computers. I can mix relatively large projects, with the cpu around 95% before I start to notice similar issues. I do now have a SSD for my operating system. I have 16 gigs of ram. Not sure about the cores, only that it's a quad core system. I've increased my buffer to no avail.

Just doesn't make sense that ONLY Ozone 9 causes this behavior. I can load up Ozone 8 and it works normally. I can continue with the mastering project using 9, but it is highly annoying.
Which Cubase are you using? I have Cubase 10 here and can try it out. I only use Ozone for Mastering in Sequoia so I wouldn't know on a mix session.
Old 1st November 2019
LSP
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohead View Post
Which Cubase are you using? I have Cubase 10 here and can try it out. I only use Ozone for Mastering in Sequoia so I wouldn't know on a mix session.
I'm using Cubase 10, the most current conversion, 10.0.40 I believe. I've mixed, and am now mastering an 8 song album. For mastering I open a fresh session in Cubase, and then import the individual 2 track "prints" of the songs. I load up Ozone onto the master out insert, and just create different "saved" presets as needed in Ozone on a per song basis.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'm using Cubase 10, the most current conversion, 10.0.40 I believe. I've mixed, and am now mastering an 8 song album. For mastering I open a fresh session in Cubase, and then import the individual 2 track "prints" of the songs. I load up Ozone onto the master out insert, and just create different "saved" presets as needed in Ozone on a per song basis.
Cubase is now 10.0.50. Are you trying to master numerous songs in the same session? If so try doing one at a time.
Old 1st November 2019
LSP
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Cubase is now 10.0.50. Are you trying to master numerous songs in the same session? If so try doing one at a time.
I am. Although I can't see how that would affect anything. If I load all 8 songs in, and nothing loaded on the master insert, their is barely an impact at all on the cpu, playback, etc. Its not until I load in an instance of Ozone 9 that I notice the "glitchy" behavior. I simply solo the track I'm working on, and use the same "one" instance of Ozone 9 until satisfied with the result. I then save that preset in Ozone, and move on to the next song.
Old 2nd November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I am. Although I can't see how that would affect anything. If I load all 8 songs in, and nothing loaded on the master insert, their is barely an impact at all on the cpu, playback, etc. Its not until I load in an instance of Ozone 9 that I notice the "glitchy" behavior. I simply solo the track I'm working on, and use the same "one" instance of Ozone 9 until satisfied with the result. I then save that preset in Ozone, and move on to the next song.
Maybe just try one track and see whether it still spikes. Like you said it shouldn't make a difference in this case but it's worth ruling it out. Most problems are narrowed down and pin pointed by ruling out all other potential problems through empirical data...
Old 2nd November 2019
Lives for gear

I have noticed that Ozone 9 takes a long time to start up, nearly a minute, where 8 loads quickly.
The other thing I have noticed is that every time it starts up it scans my plugin folders and it seems to run better after it’s completed scanning.
I wonder if it’s really necessary to do that every time or if it’s something I have missed in setting up the program.
Old 2nd November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I have noticed that Ozone 9 takes a long time to start up, nearly a minute, where 8 loads quickly.
The other thing I have noticed is that every time it starts up it scans my plugin folders and it seems to run better after it’s completed scanning.
I wonder if it’s really necessary to do that every time or if it’s something I have missed in setting up the program.

I have exactly the same issue, I was wondering if I were the only person that had this going on as most people are speaking of slower start up times but not waiting over a minute !

Nothing to do with PC power as I have a top spec system and why would configuration be any different to other VST's ?

Amazing tool otherwise, my first Ozone so I can't compare with previous versions
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have now had some time to work with Ozone 9 and it is different to Ozone 8. The same presets before tweaking, seem to give lower levels.
A little disheartened that they feel different far but I'll keep at it and see where 9 exhales compared with 8.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac black View Post
I have now had some time to work with Ozone 9 and it is different to Ozone 8. The same presets before tweaking, seem to give lower levels.
A little disheartened that they feel different far but I'll keep at it and see where 9 exhales compared with 8.

It just so happens they have an article for this on their website: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us...ster-Assistant

It looks like everything is the same, except the master assistant now follows a LUFs target so presets shouldn't be changing in volume as that wouldn't be possible since the module's values aren't changing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Performance issues with MPS 3 on my little Macbook pro 13" (dual core 2.6Ghz i5 with 8G ram):

- Can't run the Ozone 9 master rebalance module at all.. major stuttering.
- Can't run the RX 7 rebalance "preview" on a stereo track, but if I mute one channel it's OK. The offline rendering is fine of course.
So rebalance is a heavy hitter, and requires newer hardware than mine for the technology. I can understand that, for what it does.

- Opening any of the Neutron, Ozone, or Nectar plugin UIs within Logic pretty much maxes out CPU! This is unrelated to audio buffer sizes and appears to be purely the UI rather than audio DSP. Even opening just the Neutron mothership with NO modules loaded maxes the CPU. With plugin windows closed, the iZotope plugins are well behaved and performance is fine. The Relay plugin does not have this issue.

Has anyone else been brave enough to run any of these things on modest hardware?
The plugin UI thing is a bit of a show stopper, and is possibly a bug. Maybe it needs a "less-pretty" option to make it usable?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Ozone 8 Adv. doesn't install on my Mojave, but Ozone 9 Adv. trial does.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I get stuttering and cpu hogging if I'm using it with lots of plugins already but as soon as I minimize the Ozone 9 GUI after making a change it settles down so is it possible it's a graphics thing? Maybe AMD is better than nVidia for handling the resources? Dunno...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
I get stuttering and cpu hogging if I'm using it with lots of plugins already but as soon as I minimize the Ozone 9 GUI after making a change it settles down so is it possible it's a graphics thing? Maybe AMD is better than nVidia for handling the resources? Dunno...
I think it is an issue in the user interface implementation (as I mentioned above). Would strongly suggest anyone experiencing this put in a support ticket with iZotope... if they get a few of us raising the issue they will likely have a closer look at it.

(They are probably only testing their software on fast development machines, not on slightly older computers.)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search