The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: Behringer BH 770 Headphones?
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

AES 2019: Behringer BH 770 Headphones?

Behringer BH 770 Headphones. I saw this on the Behringer sight: https://www.behringer.com/Categories...oogtrans(en|en) The appearince is very simular to a certain pair of headphones sitting on my desk in front of me, who's name starts with the letters Senn *Edit* Did I Say Senn!?!..... Anyone have any info on these? Thanks for reading my post!

*Since I could not find any info on these I'm gussing this is a new product that will be shown at AES, if I've posted in the wrong forum plese move to the proper place. Thanks.

Last edited by Mind-Over-Midi; 30th September 2019 at 02:42 PM..
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

Beyerdynamic DT-770 , Behringer BH-770 , potato potato

Last edited by spaceman; 30th September 2019 at 02:37 PM..
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

Unbelievable/hilarious
Old 30th September 2019
Pathetic.
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear
Interesting, I have Beyerdynamic DT 770s, 880s and 990s - I really like Beyer headphones - definitely going to order a set of these 770 clones - £50? - a steal if they're 85% as good as the Beyers. The "cheap" headphones I give out when tracking are usually Sony MDR 7506s - about the same price (as the Behringers) but they are flimsy.

Last edited by Scragend; 30th September 2019 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 30th September 2019
Here for the gear

Same as Scragend. I have a pair of DT-770 that I like very much but I will also pick up this clone to see what it's like and in the worst case as a source for spare parts. It costs about the same as new ear pads and bridge cushioning for the original. And if it's anywhere near quality-wise then it would be fantastic.
Old 30th September 2019
Here for the gear

ah f*** just ordered a second pair 770's. I use them for mixing referencing along with my monitors and they do a great job. Also very comfy even in long sessions. Definitely curious to hear if the BH's come close!
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear
This company... I really don't know what to say about Behringer... I love and hate them equally, I kid you not.
Old 6th October 2019
not a fan of this one, the "made in Germany" and the classic 100$ Beyer wins.

Sad when they aim so low. It makes the X32's success almost a total anomaly. They just aim again for cheap and sneaking into a few of another's brand market ( good old DT770).

They said there were willing to overcome their bad reputation of copycat and badly built gear.

They could pull off the cheap Chinese original headphones that even pros admit they just kick ass ( like T-Bone ribbon mics, Apex 460, etc...low end that flies high). But just the fact they don't have any confidence/pride/entrepreneurial ideas and market it as being nothing but just an ugly copy I don't even want to investigate how it sounds ahah fishy.

If anyone could make a new cheaper standard like the DT770 its Behringer, instead they poop their pants.
Thanks for the X series consoles anyway !

Last edited by DownSideUp; 8th October 2019 at 10:04 PM..
Old 6th October 2019
Would love to see opinions about thems just for curiosity
Old 6th October 2019
Gear Addict

on my want list, can't go bad for that money...
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankdroid View Post
on my want list, can't go bad for that money...
And this is what it always comes back down to...always; money. And how much of it someone can save. Behringer is a very shady company and not very original. And from what I've read, they don't treat their employees too well, although those stories from employees are several tears old by now (who knows if things have changed?), but like it or not, they put a lot of decent gear into the hands of people who may never be able to afford the originals, and that is a great thing. Musicians/producers now have access to a lot of gear most would only dream of using, without going broke in the process. I'm not mad at that.

Their business model isn't one built on ethics, but this is business...and that makes them no different from many other business out there (including some of your faves, in and out of audio). And that is why I both love and hate Behringer. As an artist, I don't appreciate their sleazy business tactics, and downright theft. As an artist, I cannot condone or support that. But if I take my artist hat off, and don my business hat; I have the utmost respect for them, as the sheisty, cut-throat businessman. And as a consumer and producer, I have nothing but appreciation for them, for their contributions in the market.

Looking at it, in this entire industry, there's no company quite like Behringer...not at all. And that makes them something truly special.
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Guru
Be very very careful what you say boys.....
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear
I've written this new song called "Every Breath you Take" .... it's inspired by Behringer.
Old 11th October 2019
Gear Addict

Sure every other company can clone u47 or u87 as long as they are not Behringer.
Old 11th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
Sure every other company can clone u47 or u87 as long as they are not Behringer.
That’s is actually an interesting point...many people clone mics, preamps, eq’s, compressors and such...I wonder why people feel differently about Behringer doing it?
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear

They will clone everything including the clones.

A certain range of gear would be fine but not the whole nine yards.

Cheers
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT View Post
That’s is actually an interesting point...many people clone mics, preamps, eq’s, compressors and such...I wonder why people feel differently about Behringer doing it?
True!

I guess it's a subtle legal/moral thing - U47's Pultec's, LA2A's etc are very old deigns from the 50's 60's and IIRC their patents have run out.

Where as these Beyer headphones are a current modern design so this is a direct
copy and therefore similar to a fake - kinda like a fake Rolex watch, except of course they don't
say Beyer on them - it's a very fine line!
Old 11th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
True!

I guess it's a subtle legal/moral thing - U47's Pultec's, LA2A's etc are very old deigns from the 50's 60's and IIRC their patents have run out.

Where as these Beyer headphones are a current modern design so this is a direct
copy and therefore similar to a fake - kinda like a fake Rolex watch, except of course they don't
say Beyer on them - it's a very fine line!
It's not a big deal, look at smartphones, they all use the same displays and formfactors, have all the same functionalities... nobody is complaining... some buy the midrange others the flagships... But here at gearslutz some think that only one brand can make one model... no competition allowed...
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankdroid View Post
It's not a big deal, look at smartphones, they all use the same displays and formfactors, have all the same functionalities... nobody is complaining... some buy the midrange others the flagships... But here at gearslutz some think that only one brand can make one model... no competition allowed...
This isn't really competition is it - this is making a straight copy, using the same colour scheme and and making no doubt in the mind of the purchaser that it's a cheap clone by using the same model numbers in the product identifier.

You know how it goes - "if it quacks like a duck and walk likes a duck" ....

Hey, I'm not making bad of anyone buying these headphones - but then again I'm not Beyer!
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear
Here's the 'latest product' mic from Taiwan-based Superlux...the form factor and design look completely revolutionary, I wonder if it'll inspire copies ?

Cool model number too: TM58

One day it might even become a household name ...?

http://www.superlux.com.tw/productIn...&level=3&lv0=1

While you're here, have a wander through their range...I'm sure you'll find something "familiar...at a price that suits you:

http://www.superlux.com.tw/productKi...&level=0&lv0=1
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

My Beyer DT 770 just crapped out. I see nothing special about it’s build quality. If these get a similar sound I would consider buying them but I might be put off because I'm not a supporter of the Behringer business model. Hard to say. As others have pointed out, it comes down to dollars and cents.
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Jazz View Post
My Beyer DT 770 just crapped out. I see nothing special about it’s build quality. If these get s similar sound Like would but them but I’m not a supporter of the Behringer business model.
So replace the bit that’s broken. That’s one of BD’s USP’s.
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Jazz View Post
My Beyer DT 770 just crapped out. I see nothing special about it’s build quality. If these get s similar sound Like would but them but I’m not a supporter of the Behringer business model.
In an amazing co-incidence, so have my 770s - one channel gone down - haven't had the multimeter out to find what's wrong yet - must say though when these arrived (Amazon about two years ago) one can wasn't attached to the headband, had to get the screwdriver out - not a good start quality wise!
Old 13th October 2019
Here for the gear

I've had my DT-770 for many years now. The top-layer finish of the cushions of head bridge turned to **** and what used to be imitation of leather became black sticky goo. I had to strip all the cushioning from the frame and replace it with new cushioning for DT-770 PRO. The velour ear pads have been replaced too and now the headphones look as good as new. BH770 will be cheaper than the cost of the refurbishment, I am very curious about it.
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Oh yeah !!!! The quality and sound of the Behringer will be so amazing everyone will no longer
purchase a Beyer. Yeah right.

Cheers
Old 15th October 2019
Here for the gear
I tried one today, and compare with a DT770.
The Behringer is comfortable, and properly insulated. The hulls are a little bigger on the B.
Great difference in terms of sound: the Behringer lacks really low frequencies, and sounds a little blurry and aggressive. Writing 770 on the headphones is not enough.
Old 15th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroland View Post
I tried one today, and compare with a DT770.
The Behringer is comfortable, and properly insulated. The hulls are a little bigger on the B.
Great difference in terms of sound: the Behringer lacks really low frequencies, and sounds a little blurry and aggressive. Writing 770 on the headphones is not enough.
If you know, how would you say it compares sound wise to other phones in the same price range?

No one should be carrying out any critical function on a $35 pair of phones, but musicians seem to eat monitor phones used in the studio. Would these be Ok for that sort of use?
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
If you know, how would you say it compares sound wise to other phones in the same price range?

No one should be carrying out any critical function on a $35 pair of phones, but musicians seem to eat monitor phones used in the studio. Would these be Ok for that sort of use?
I just put in an order for 10...musicians do sh:t on studio cans so I will give these a try and report back
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by carllock View Post
I just put in an order for 10...musicians do sh:t on studio cans so I will give these a try and report back
Exactly - I've seen singers chuck the 'phones at the wall after a sh***y take - if the phoney 770s do the job at this price then they deserve to become a studio staple.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search