The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: Behringer BH 770 Headphones?
Old 21st November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
I suffered for many years as a field engineer in another industry where there was an institutional tendency to deny that an obviously bad product was, in fact, poorly designed or defectively implemented.

Instead, they would just keep selling it, and blame everything except the bad design or manufacturing for the poor performance. If B have pulled this product because it's crap, I find that quite refreshing.
Of course they knew that they were crap when they were developed, produced and sold to distributors. Still they chose to sell them, and they're still in their catalogue and available to buy everywhere, so I'm not sure they were pulled, at least not as in "recalled".

I find this inferior rip off of an in production set of Beyers, clearly trying to capitalize on the good name and quality of the original; a new low even for them. If there's anything "refreshing" about it, it's the unscrupulous gall they exhibit...
Old 22nd November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Of course they knew that they were crap when they were developed, produced and sold to distributors. Still they chose to sell them, and they're still in their catalogue and available to buy everywhere, so I'm not sure they were pulled, at least not as in "recalled".

I find this inferior rip off of an in production set of Beyers, clearly trying to capitalize on the good name and quality of the original; a new low even for them. If there's anything "refreshing" about it, it's the unscrupulous gall they exhibit...
Of course they're not going to recall them. You don't recall a disappointing product. You recall a dangerous product. If Behringer has stopped production on these, it's up to the stores to decide if they still want to sell the headphones they have in stock, you know, the ones they paid to order.
Old 22nd November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohreetoh View Post
Of course they're not going to recall them. You don't recall a disappointing product. You recall a dangerous product. If Behringer has stopped production on these, it's up to the stores to decide if they still want to sell the headphones they have in stock, you know, the ones they paid to order.
Sure you can recall a product from distributors, compensating them if they already paid, if your product is catastrophically bad and damaging to manufacturers and resellers or perhaps legally shady. BTW, I'm not the one suggesting that these have been "pulled" - they're not known for pulling shady or marginally functioning products (they pulled a reverb once though...)

BTW, although it's in their web site index, the actual page is now a 404:
https://www.behringer.com/Categories...BH-770/p/P0E3P
Old 23rd November 2019
Gear Nut

they are horrible, and I do mean horrible. It's like there's a high pass filter at 680...there's no representation whatsoever of lower frequencies. To make matter worse (yes, it is possible to do worse) there's a harsh boost in the upper frq between 4kh and 7kh to make them totally worthless, unless you want to hurt your hear or those who work with you. I bought them NOT expecting much, but definitely I wanted a "normal" pair of cans. These are worthless and IMO offensive, and even dangerous because of the horrible sibilance. You can buy a $20.00 pair of "Hi-fi" headphones and do much better. I have been using he Beyer DT 770 pro for many, many years, as well as AKG K240 DF (and other incarnations) and the ATH M-50X and obviously am not comparing the Behringer to those - I am just letting you know the sound I am used to hearing. But I expect ANY headphone to at least represent a normal range of freq, at least to where I can hear a sinewave at 80hz - these can't even do that. For fun, I played a mix and went back and forth between the Beyer DT770 pro and the Behringer BH 770 - best I can describe it is that when you put the BH 770 on it was like there was a HP filter with a boost in the upper freq and a sudden cut above 10k. I was actually laughing because Behringer markets them as having extended bass response (or enhanced) which caused me to expect them to be bass heavy! :D Don't waste your money, really. Why did they even bothered to put them out it's beyond me. Expecially at a time in which their remake of classic analog synths is really putting them ahead and/or on par with the most respected companies. And then, they come up with the WING digital mixer, another nice product, only to ruin it all with the release of this junk. Now, if you wanna know what I REALLY think... :D :D
Old 23rd November 2019
Lives for gear

Even though they kind of suck, I don’t regret buying so many...I don’t care what brand, my booth/ tracking cans all live a short and brutal life.

I write off my investment in the headphones up to helping them keep this synth release up...I’m addicted to their synths and have every single one they’ve released.

Once again, the headphones do suck lol
Old 29th November 2019
Have they canned these cans then?
Old 2 weeks ago
They are completely gone from Behringer now and G4M is selling them off half price....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search