The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME releases drivers for macOS Catalina
Old 27th September 2019
News Desk Editor

RME announces macOS Catalina Drivers

RME releases drivers for macOS Catalina-unnamed.png

RME Ensures Compatibility with New macOS Catalina

RME’s drivers are all written in-house and not outsourced to third parties, so customers can use latest operating systems without interruption or delay

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, October 3, 2019 – RME, German manufacturer of premium interfaces, announced today that its interfaces are already compatible with the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.x which was released this month. Since RME drivers are written in-house and not outsourced to third party developers, RME’s users are able to update their firmware immediately and continue working without interruption or delay.

Recently, several pro-audio manufacturers and interface manufacturers have issued warnings to customers advising them not to upgrade their operating software, presumably due to compatibility issues with the new OS. Other companies have issued announcements referencing possible delays in supporting the new operating system, or even loss of data.

RME Users Rest Easy
RME interfaces compatible with Catalina include: Babyface Pro, Digiface AVB, Digiface Dante, Digiface USB, Fireface 802, Fireface UC, Fireface UCX, Fireface UFX II, Fireface UFX+, MADIface Pro, MADIface USB and the MADIface XT. Apps must be fully 64-bit and drivers should be “notarized” as required for operation with Catalina OS 10.15.x.

RME’s non-USB interfaces, including the PCle, Thunderbolt and FireWire, have beta drivers available for download now so its customers do not experience interruption or delay in their projects.

No Third-Party Drivers
Since RME writes all of its drivers in-house and does not depend on third parties for this process, its hardware is able to stay ahead of operating system updates.

“One of the cornerstones of our company has always been customer support and dependability,” commented Derek Badala, Director of Sales, Americas, for Synthax, RME’s U.S. distributor. “We are proud to say that all of our drivers are written in house — unlike many of our competition. Further, updates are automatically handled by FPGA technology, which is present in all our interfaces. The combination of these things — along with our known product dependability — means that our customers will continue to experience superior performance without interruption.”

For more on RME, visit: www.rme-usa.com

Attached Thumbnails
RME releases drivers for macOS Catalina-unnamed.png  
Old 27th September 2019
Smile RME releases drivers for macOS Catalina

Hi,

RME has just release their new drivers for the next macOS Catalina.
Withe the new 3.18 versions, all the RME USB interfaces are now macOS 10.15 ready. And this new version supports the Apple "Notarization".
The new drivers comes with TotalMix FX 1.63 who is 100% macOS Catalina compatible.

The RME audio interfaces actually compatible with macOS 10.15 are :

Fireface UFX / UFX+ / UFX II / 802 / UCX / UC
Babyface
Babyface Pro
MADIface USB
MADIface XT
MADIface Pro
Digiface USB
Digiface Dante
Digiface AVB

You can download the drivers on the new RME website :
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads.php

RME will release the macOS 10.15 drivers for Thunderbolt and PCI/PCIe interface for the launch of the new OS.
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

that's quick!
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

That's RME, the best drivers period

Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

RME...at it again! And still supporting regular PCI interfaces too? Wow!
Old 28th September 2019
Lives for gear

RME never fails to impress. I've made an oath to never buy any other brand of audio interface. Once my Prism Orpheus dies I'll replace it with something from RME and never look back. All my other audio interfaces at home are RME already. Never been disappointed with RME, ever.

They are literally the only company that understands the importance of the software package and keeping a legacy alive through incredible support of age old interfaces. Everybody else seems to be completely blind to this. The only exception may be Universal Audio but their motivations are perhaps motivated more due to their locked in plugin market more than any real devotion to their customers.
Old 28th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
RME never fails to impress. I've made an oath to never buy any other brand of audio interface. Once my Prism Orpheus dies I'll replace it with something from RME and never look back. All my other audio interfaces at home are RME already. Never been disappointed with RME, ever.

They are literally the only company that understands the importance of the software package and keeping a legacy alive through incredible support of age old interfaces. Everybody else seems to be completely blind to this. The only exception may be Universal Audio but their motivations are perhaps motivated more due to their locked in plugin market more than any real devotion to their customers.
I am looking for an audio interface upgrade this winter and am really torn between RME and UAD. Decisions decisions.
Old 28th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:

There is _one_ other alternative that is on par with RME with regard to support and driver reliability but no-one seems to talk about them:

Marian
(www.marian.de)

Neptune45:
I know a lot of people on this board will disagree with me, but in my opinion buying UAD in late 2019 is pure folly. Spending the extra cash you're wasting on filling UAD coffers instead on CPU/processing upgrades would get you ridiculous amounts more value.

(again, in my opinion) UAD only makes sense if you're absolutely convinced that their plugins are unique, irreplaceable & the best. Which they (in my opinion) are definitely not.
Old 28th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultron View Post
There is _one_ other alternative that is on par with RME with regard to support and driver reliability but no-one seems to talk about them:

Marian
(www.marian.de)

Neptune45:
I know a lot of people on this board will disagree with me, but in my opinion buying UAD in late 2019 is pure folly. Spending the extra cash you're wasting on filling UAD coffers instead on CPU/processing upgrades would get you ridiculous amounts more value.

(again, in my opinion) UAD only makes sense if you're absolutely convinced that their plugins are unique, irreplaceable & the best. Which they (in my opinion) are definitely not.
Thank you for your input. I do really like the look of RME UFX II. I am looking for external audio interface as opposed to PCI-e.
Old 28th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobass View Post
Hi,

RME has just release their new drivers for the next macOS Catalina.
Withe the new 3.18 versions, all the RME USB interfaces are now macOS 10.15 ready. And this new version supports the Apple "Notarization".
The new drivers comes with TotalMix FX 1.63 who is 100% macOS Catalina compatible.

The RME audio interfaces actually compatible with macOS 10.15 are :

Fireface UFX / UFX+ / UFX II / 802 / UCX / UC
Babyface
Babyface Pro
MADIface USB
MADIface XT
MADIface Pro
Digiface USB
Digiface Dante
Digiface AVB

You can download the drivers on the new RME website :
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads.php

RME will release the macOS 10.15 drivers for Thunderbolt and PCI/PCIe interface for the launch of the new OS.
yes, and I can confirm the driver and TMFX does indeed run on Catalina(b8).
Then we just need DIGICheck 64-bit for macOS10.15, I’ve been requesting this and hopefully they’ll soon get to it.
Old 28th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Marian
(www.marian.de)

Neptune45:

Wow! Long time since I saw a Marian card. I've had the Marian Marc 2 way back in the day. Interesting to hear about this company again.
Old 28th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Marian
(www.marian.de)
Well that's because their marketing is poorly executed. Their web site looks like it was made in the 1990s and they do not bother putting their name out there. Your comment is the first time I ever heard of them!

They have no distribution network in the USA. They could be the greatest audio interfaces in the world but if no one knows who they are then they may as well not exist.

Thanks for spreading the word!
Old 29th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Marian
(www.marian.de)
It probably hurts them that they ONLY have PCIe card solutions.
And the volume sales and market has moved on.

And they don't compare to RME on drivers when their last qualified macOS driver support is 10.7 Lion. And that's for a limited amount of products. And some products don't even have Mac and Windows support. Their latest new products are Windows only.

They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath of support-level to RME for that alone.
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

I know the product is pretty old now, but is there any news on RME supporting the Fireface 400 in Catalina?
Old 2nd October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
I know the product is pretty old now, but is there any news on RME supporting the Fireface 400 in Catalina?
Yes, RME is supporting the Fireface 400 and 800 in Catalina. The beta version of the new Firewire drivers is already available on the RME Forum :
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29107

Thunderbolt and PCI/PCIe drivers are available in beta version too.

Remember that RME is still supporting all the audio interfaces they released since 2001 ! It's absolutely unique in this business.
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobass View Post
Yes, RME is supporting the Fireface 400 and 800 in Catalina. The beta version of the new Firewire drivers is already available on the RME Forum :
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29107

Thunderbolt and PCI/PCIe drivers are available in beta version too.

Remember that RME is still supporting all the audio interfaces they released since 2001 ! It's absolutely unique in this business.
I haven’t even updated to Mojave from High Sierra, but it makes me want to continue buying RME (not that I’m a good customer, I’m still on my first product!)
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Wow! Long time since I saw a Marian card. I've had the Marian Marc 2 way back in the day. Interesting to hear about this company again.
still have my marian marc 4 midi in my old pc which i haven't used in about 10 years
thinking about the fireface uc right now... this seems to strenghten my plans.
Old 2nd October 2019
RiF
Lives for gear

This proves that I made the right decision when buying a Fireface 802 just recently and coming back to RME (former Multiface owner back then).

I had to dump my M-Audio 2626 only because M-Audio stopped supporting it's driver/software.

Thanks RME for taking software support serious, which is actually an understatement.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear
Any new features? I am not updating to Catalina anytime soon.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear
New Macs will come with the new OS.
Old 4th October 2019
Lives for gear

I don't run macos now but damn, RME is the best !
Old 7th October 2019
Here for the gear
Well done RME.
I own Metric Halo ULN-2 for my home studio and RME babyface pro for my mobile setup. RME already provided drivers to support catalina which wasn't released yet. while Metric Halo announced that without purchasing their new 3d card (500$ unless interface bought after 2014, I bought mine on 2010), you won't be able to use it with catalina, since it requires 64bit mio, so you won't get it unless you spend 500$. and there is no offer for purchase just updated mio 64 bit software.

Now, after 9 years of use you might think that's reasonable. but the Metric Halo is an expensive interface in the first place, which I send to fix last year due to non working preamp with severe noises, which also cost a lot. and company like RME which sells cheaper but still quality product, fastest drivers, do manage to provide proper updates to their customers.

I know which company I'll rely on for my next main interface.
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Guru

Dutch Qualitat !!
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Maniac
Dutch ? RME ?
They're from Germany
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
Dutch ? RME ?
They're from Germany
ain't that "Deutsch" germanique basis ?
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamOfTheDaze View Post
Well done RME.
I own Metric Halo ULN-2 for my home studio and RME babyface pro for my mobile setup. RME already provided drivers to support catalina which wasn't released yet. while Metric Halo announced that without purchasing their new 3d card (500$ unless interface bought after 2014, I bought mine on 2010), you won't be able to use it with catalina, since it requires 64bit mio, so you won't get it unless you spend 500$. and there is no offer for purchase just updated mio 64 bit software.

Now, after 9 years of use you might think that's reasonable. but the Metric Halo is an expensive interface in the first place, which I send to fix last year due to non working preamp with severe noises, which also cost a lot. and company like RME which sells cheaper but still quality product, fastest drivers, do manage to provide proper updates to their customers.

I know which company I'll rely on for my next main interface.
$500 to upgrade and not only future proof your product but power up DSP and connectivity capabilities of your 9 year old interface is a massive positive in my view, and something MH should be praised for.
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
...is a massive positive in my view, and something MH should be praised for.
Word
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
no, dutch is dutch and deutsch is german

;-)
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucmusic View Post
no, dutch is dutch and deutsch is german

;-)
Phonetique here since we hear the same thing in France but no big deal you got it Frontiers are just imaginary lines imagined by a strange species aka human
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
dutch is from holland, deutsch from germany :-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search