The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cableguys ShaperBox 2 – New Pens, visual compression, envelope followers + more
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
I always have to sync presets for shaperbox 1 to work. On every instance it seems, and sometimes on the same instance when reopening the plugin.
The LFO shapes will show up but the sound won’t be affected.
Is this still the same in shaperbox 2?
That is very strange – we have never heard of this issue, and it should not happen with ShaperBox 1 or 2. If you email us on [email protected] with details of the problem, our support team will help figure out what's going on. You could also try the free demo of ShaperBox 2 to see if it solves the issue for you.
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Cableguys View Post
That is very strange – we have never heard of this issue, and it should not happen with ShaperBox 1 or 2. If you email us on [email protected] with details of the problem, our support team will help figure out what's going on. You could also try the free demo of ShaperBox 2 to see if it solves the issue for you.
Thank you sir!
Old 3rd October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Cableguys View Post
Hi! The prices shown are not time-limited deals – they are the regular prices
Perfect,
thanks for the info and the very fair upgrade condition(s), appreciated.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lee,

Is there any chance you guys will support AAX anytime soon?

I know I can more than likely use them in a VST host, but I always prefer to run plugins in their native format where possible.

Been wanting to play with these for a while in Pro Tools. I doubt I’m the only one.

Thanks.
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear

These are some of the most useful plugins I own and they just got better. I use Volumeshaper a lot for transient and envelope shaping and design. Amazing on kicks and snares. You can pull the room out of a bad sample. Tighten up the sub on a flabby kick. Just insane stuff. And now the new compressor. Great work Cableguys!
Old 9th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardi View Post
Lee,

I know I can more than likely use them in a VST host, but I always prefer to run plugins in their native format where possible.

Been wanting to play with these for a while in Pro Tools. I doubt I’m the only one.

Thanks.
+1

I have several producer/mixer colleagues who have confirmed that they would definitely purchase an AAX versoin.
Old 9th October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I remember the ShaperBox was not respecting the delay compensation so the curves were always out of time unless you manually offset them, which not always was possible to be aligned properly. Is this fixed? I stopped using this tool because of this problem.
Same thing in Sequoia, and sometimes its out of time and sometimes it doesn't even trigger to the automation. It was a real headache to use as i had to export multiple times to get my it to be right on my render.
Old 17th October 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Maybe something cool to add in the future.
What if the different instances can communicate within the project.
I watched the video from volumeshaper 5 where it is used on both kick and bass. That could be even better when the instances would communicate.
And off course that would be a workaround for the lack of audio input sidechaining. I still need to trigger it with midi if i don´t have a 4/4 Kick right?

Anyway. It is a great deal. And i wil probably get it soon.
Old 15th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Finally upgraded from v1 for the very reasonable upgrade price. Just starting to dig in. Such a great toolbox. Highly recommended.
Old 26th November 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

We just released ShaperBox 2.0.1, including the #1 user-requested feature: a resizable interface. The update brings this and more to all five Shaper effects: TimeShaper 2, VolumeShaper 6, FilterShaper Core 2, PanShaper 3 and WidthShaper 2.

Changes:
  • New: Resizable interface. Select from 75% up to 200% in main menu (next to ShaperBox 2 logo).
  • New: Draggable parameters in FilterShaper Core 2. Drag on the Cutoff or Resonance tile to shift the entire LFO wave up/down.
  • New: Draggable Mid band. Drag anywhere inside the Mid band to set High/Low Split frequencies as one. Double-click to reset to single-band setup.
  • Fixed: Under certain circumstances, audible clicks could occur at the end of the LFO wave when using "MIDI Trigger > On (1-Shot) " mode.
  • Fixed: Software is now signed for macOS Catalina, allowing installation by double-clicking the .pkg file.
  • Fixed: Various minor issues.

Existing users, log in to your Cableguys account for the update.

We are also running a Black Friday sale, with the ShaperBox 2 Bundle discounted to just €79 / $89 – a saving of 50% compared to buying all Shapers individually. The offer ends Cyber Monday, 2nd December 2019. It's our only sale of the year, so don't miss out!
Old 26th November 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardi View Post

We might do an AAX version in the futre, but it is not our priority at the moment, so I cannot provide any timeline for that, unfortunately.

As you mention, it's possible to run VST/AU plugins in Pro Tools via a plugin wrapper such as Blue Cat Audio's PatchWork. We have not tested this ourselves, and we do not officially support it. However, many users have told us that it works perfectly, and Blue Cat offer a demo version that you can try.
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
In Studio One 4.5.5 and Cubase 10 it goes to Blacklist but can't take it away... :(
I'm using the v 2.01
Old 1st December 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik31 View Post
In Studio One 4.5.5 and Cubase 10 it goes to Blacklist but can't take it away... :(
I'm using the v 2.01
Could you please email [email protected] with details, and our tech support team will help you solve this?
Old 2nd December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Lee, are there any sales for upgrades? I own a few of the shapers but I don't see any special pricing for the upgrade.
Old 5th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm thinking of getting the TimeShaper 2 plugin. Is this part of ShaperBox 2, to where I can add the other modules later, or is it a totally stand alone product?
Old 5th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
I'm thinking of getting the TimeShaper 2 plugin. Is this part of ShaperBox 2, to where I can add the other modules later, or is it a totally stand alone product?
Yeah it's part of ShaperBox 2 Collection but when you create an account to register your plugin on their site there are personal update/upgrade paths made available to you based on which ones you have.
Old 17th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

ShaperBox 2.2 is here! Key new features include stereo filter offset for exciting spatial FX, easy 1-slider Envelope/Compressor, LFO editing enhancements, and 2x lower CPU usage in TimeShaper. Check out the feature list below, and see it all in action with our "What's New In ShaperBox 2.2" overview.

Try the free demo at the ShaperBox 2 page. Already own ShaperBox? Then download the update free from your Cableguys account.

Our Black Friday Sale is live too – it's our only sale of the year, so don't miss out! ShaperBox 2 Bundle is €79 / $89, saving 60% compared to buying all 6 Shapers at full price. And FilterShaper Core 2 is 50% off, now just €19 / $22.

Finally, check out our new “How To Make Your Music Move” tutorial on achieving professional groove, movement and flow using filters in FilterShaper Core 2.

What’s New in ShaperBox 2.2
  • New: Stereo Offset control for FilterShaper Core 2. Shifts left/right filter cutoff in opposing directions, up to 60 semitones, for exciting stereo effects.
  • New: Easy 1-slider Envelope/Compressor Editing. The Amount/Ratio and On/Off controls are now always accessible.
  • New: Skew selection. Ctrl-drag a corner/side handle of the selection to adjust it vertically. Great for adjusting the intensity of your LFO over time.
  • New: Draggable LFO parameters for Volume/Pan/Width Shapers. Shift the LFO waveform up/down in a click, and see the average LFO value at a glance.
  • New: ‘Move points to grid’ command in Wave Editor menu, for snapping every point inside the selection onto the grid.
  • New: Right-click any preset for ‘Use as startup preset’ option. Disable in the Main Menu’s Startup section.
  • New: Wave Switch Smoothing, for preventing clicks/pops when switching Waves via MIDI, automation, or clicking in the interface.
  • New: MIDI Trigger LED to visualise MIDI note input, aiding setup.
  • New: Reset Shaper via Main Menu, initialising to default empty preset or a Quick Preset.
  • Improved: Snap to grid is now a toggle option and works for selections too. Hold Shift to temporarily toggle Snap.
  • Improved: TimeShaper resampling algorithm is 2x lower in CPU, with even quieter interpolation artefacts.
  • Fixed: TimeShaper Step Mode could change the sound of non-stepped audio-rate waveforms.

Existing users can download the update free from their Cableguys account at https://www.cableguys.com/login.html
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Lee, are there any sales for upgrades? I own a few of the shapers but I don't see any special pricing for the upgrade.
Hey, sorry, didn't see this question before! Upgrades to the full ShaperBox 2 Bundle are also discounted during our current Black Friday sale. Log in to your Cableguys account to see your deals: https://www.cableguys.com/login.html
Lives for gear

Upgraded to 2.2. Thanks for the ongoing support!
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Thanks for the fantastic update!

I still wish there was a way to get rid of clicks in timeshaper when you do stepped sequences. Even in smooth mode, it has a faint click thats clearly audible. I would love a knob like in halftime plugin where you can adjust how smooth it transitions. It’s really the only lasting gripe with shaperbox for me.
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Upgraded to the full shaperbox. Nice update.
Wish the exchange rates were kinder though. Just changing from pounds to pay in dollars saved me almost $10.
Old 20th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Some really nice touches in 2.2, Cableguys are such a great company and offer such awesome plugins.

Honestly my only gripe is their preset browser. I find it cumbersome and the way presets are stored makes it much harder to just send a file to a friend. I'm not really fond of the cloud preset thing either and feel forced into it due to the way presets are stored. I've had many big issues with the cloud sync too, so I avoid it completely.

For a great simple preset manager, check out Relab Sonsig Rev-A or DMG Audio plugins, simple folders and files with a little popup menu where you can select your presets. For something more fully featured, u-he nails it. All of these store presets are regular files which can easily be shared.
Old 20th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgimian View Post
Honestly my only gripe is their preset browser. I find it cumbersome and the way presets are stored makes it much harder to just send a file to a friend. I'm not really fond of the cloud preset thing either and feel forced into it due to the way presets are stored. I've had many big issues with the cloud sync too, so I avoid it completely.
Agree completely with this. In addition to the above, I’ve lost a fair number of presets, and had to go spelunking in their SQLite repository to get them back. Also can’t figure out simple transfer from machine to machine.
📝 Reply