The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: Daking Introduces The MKII Recording Console, AES Booth #225
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater View Post
Congrats, Geoff!

Question: Is there a fader just prior to the "recording button"? I know you mention Mic Pre, Compress, EQ, etc, but you don't mention a fader (to control level going into the recording). You do mention using the big faders on playback but I just wondered about recording level.
Hello there,

The system doesn't have per say a "Small Fader" Due t0 the size of our design goals and the extra amplifiers it entails. However the Mic pre switch is in 5 DB increments and the makeup gain on the compressor/limiter section has a 20 DB range. So if you like riding to tape or the DAW you can easily engage the compressor section and ride away. In addition, you can always take any unused input and press the Insert return to direct out button, and now the 100mm fader will control the level to the direct output "IE Post Fader" so you have a fader to "ride" the levels to tape.

I hope this answers your question.
Geoff.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffdake View Post
Hello there,

The system doesn't have per say a "Small Fader" Due t0 the size of our design goals and the extra amplifiers it entails. However the Mic pre switch is in 5 DB increments and the makeup gain on the compressor/limiter section has a 20 DB range. So if you like riding to tape or the DAW you can easily engage the compressor section and ride away. In addition, you can always take any unused input and press the Insert return to direct out button, and now the 100mm fader will control the level to the direct output "IE Post Fader" so you have a fader to "ride" the levels to tape.

I hope this answers your question.
Geoff.
Definitely the right call on keeping extra buffer amplifiers down. The fewer stages the signal goes through the sweeter the sound. Or at least that is in my experience. Proper design proper implementation equals proper sound. I wish more people would appreciate that philosophy. Wonderful job
Old 6th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Music Tech Video.

Thanks to our helper Skip Burrows for doing the interview at the booth. Hope you enjoy it...

Thanks

Geoff...

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search