The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pulsar Audio releases Mu, the ultimate glue compressor
Old 24th September 2019
Here for the gear

Pulsar Audio releases Mu, the ultimate glue compressor

Dear friends from GearSlutz.

Six months have passed since we released the Echorec.

But also, 500 years ago to the day, Hernán Cortés won a decisive battle against the Tlaxcala empire in Mexico. This in extremis victory for the conquistadors, was the starting point of a vast campaign against the Aztecs that led to their annihilation.

If you can't make the connection between Cortes, the Aztecs, and Pulsar, that's okay, neither can we.

Yet, we are very, very proud to present you the Pulsar Mu !

This plugin is the most faithful emulation on the market, of a mythical all-tube compressor that remains THE reference in a vast majority of mastering studios around the world.

We spent an incredible amount of time faithfully modeling each particularity of this timeless gem of tube electronics.

But we didn't stop there, we also added all the essential features of a modern bus compressor : external sidechain, modern visualization, complete sidechain EQ section, look ahead/behind, and even customizable oversampling.

You'll find below a feature overview, and a short teaser for this new release !

Learn more
Windows Demo Installer
Mac Demo Installer

François, Niccolo & Vincent

Last edited by NiccoloComin; 4th October 2019 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Update links!
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

I want to buy it on GUI alone! Also the results in the demo video alone are breathtaking.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiccoloComin View Post
Dear friends from GearSlutz.

If you can't make the connection between Cortes, the Aztecs, and Pulsar, that's okay, neither can we.

Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

I should try it now!!

Edit: Tried It!
This is a great alternative to the Magic Death Eye Comp from DDMF. If you want to manually set the attack and release and want to fiddle things manually this is the way to go. Both sounds great! If I dont own the MDE ill get this! CPU is almost the same on both!

I can call this Magic Death Eye with manual settings and some additional stuff added in! What a treat! You cant go wrong with this compressor.

MDE is perfect for me though. I want a fast workflow so I love being minimalist. I want to buy this if its a different flavor but you can get both so sound the same if you want to, Color wise.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I want to buy it on GUI alone! Also the results in the demo video alone are breathtaking.
Real talk!
GUI is wonderful. And demo sound great. Can't wait to check it out.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

Yep. The demo sounds great.

Anybody took some time to test it in deep ?
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds and looks really nice! Good job guys!
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post

I'm in the middle of a rock mix and will be trying it tonight!
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

The competitors are the Arturia's ones (same features, and the Pulsar team comes from Arturia) and maybe Iron (Plugin Alliance).

I think it's on the same level, or even maybe better...

EDIT : I just checked the internet site, and saw the audio demos. Of course, when I spoke above about competitors I didn't speak about the "native" or "embedded" competitors audio exemples featured on the site.
I was just refering to plugins I know to which Mu could be compared (IMHO)...
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Maniac
I am VEEEERY careful with purchasing plugins but after listening to the demos, this is a no brainer.

I can't speak to a developer's cost in bringing a plugin to market or what they should charge, but for the quality I would think it would be$150-$250, at $109 reg and $54 intro it's a no brainer. Great way for this new release to "fly off the shelves".

Old 24th September 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
The competitors are the Arturia's ones (same features, and the Pulsar team comes from Arturia) and maybe Iron (Plugin Alliance).

Funny I was thinking about purchasing PA Iron , Pulsar has a some hand in their developement/coding ?
Old 24th September 2019
Here for the gear

Wow! Eager to try this tonight.

Meanwhile, my cumpliments! And here's why:

- Emulations that take advantage of digital to go beyond the real hardware, still faithful ✔
- GUIs beautiful and functional ✔
- Sound samples at website, diverse styles, dry/wet and well organized ✔
- Functional try/demo ✔
- Decent/honest pricing with introductory value ✔

If you keep the pace and quality of releases and have a good post-sales service, you're going to be huge. I cheer for it.

Regards from Brazil.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

impressive set of future !!

Is the dual input gain compensated ?
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur_br View Post

- Emulations that take advantage of digital to go beyond the real hardware, still faithful ✔
- Functional try/demo ✔

If you keep the pace and quality of releases and have a good post-sales service, you're going to be huge. I cheer for it.

Regards from Brazil.

ORIGINAL HW : amen ...

Notice how the clap (FUNK Exemple )get suked with the hardware and not the plugin ... lol i love the smoother response of the HW but the way the plugin presrve those could be in some cases even better :!!!
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Head

I am going to run the demo but an iLok dongle is needed, that is really a down side for me.
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur_br View Post

- Functional try/demo ✔

Regards from Brazil.
Yes to all this. Makes me want to buy it even before trying it. Overall a very impressive release.

But now I'm going to test it and put against my usual mixbus - MagicDeathEye.
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

Notice how the clap (FUNK Exemple )get suked with the hardware and not the plugin ... lol i love the smoother response of the HW but the way the plugin presrve those could be in some cases even better :!!!
But this makes the HW mix have a little more depth and, to me, be a little better in this example.
Old 24th September 2019
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:

Yes, one of the best compressors out to be honest.
I have a couple videos coming about the compressor.
One that's really in-depth about the plugin and one that will display the compression and why this is a stand out unit.

Be looking out for it ASAP.

Thanks, Marc
Old 24th September 2019
I wonder what tubes were in the gear when they did their coding? Was it a T-Bar version?
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

Actually, what specific piece of hardware is it supposed to be modeled from ?
Old 24th September 2019
Count me in. This thing sounds huge !!

EDIT : Oversampling option up to 8x !
Old 24th September 2019
Quote:
Actually, what specific piece of hardware is it supposed to be modeled from ?
Manley Variable Mu !
Old 24th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd83 View Post
I am going to run the demo but an iLok dongle is needed, that is really a down side for me.
Edit: only with DONGLE or ilok Cloud...
A shame. I at least cancel the purchase. I have ilok license manager with lots of pluguins, but I am not willing to accept dongle or cloud. Enjoy the product, it looks good!!!! Amazing GUI
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

I'm feeling dizzy every time I focus on this GUI, mainly the knobs.

the sound is good actually, I'll compare it to PA Iron and Kush Novatron later tonight.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
But this makes the HW mix have a little more depth and, to me, be a little better in this example.
Exact .... it s just a question of context ...HW sounds more like a record
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

So, how long is it intro price for?
Old 24th September 2019
From the examples on the site the Original hardware has slightly more depth, But Pulsar is the best sounding of the Plugin Versions also more of that 3Dness than the other plugin versions.. Pulsar also has the same Punch as the hardware..

Very Nice!!
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:

I have the Arturias and have been lusting for Iron. This takes Iron off the table for me. It sounds incredible.
Old 24th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
I should try it now!!

Edit: Tried It!
This is a great alternative to the Magic Death Eye Comp from DDMF. If you want to manually set the attack and release and want to fiddle things manually this is the way to go. Both sounds great! If I dont own the MDE ill get this! CPU is almost the same on both!

I can call this Magic Death Eye with manual settings and some additional stuff added in! What a treat! You cant go wrong with this compressor.

MDE is perfect for me though. I want a fast workflow so I love being minimalist. I want to buy this if its a different flavor but you can get both so sound the same if you want to, Color wise.
My first impressions led me to find more weight and general color with the Mu. The MDE sounds way cleaner and softer to my ears...maybe I'm missing something with the MDE here.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Addict

In my first 15 minutes it's doing amazing things. Holding up/besting my others on drums. What I love about this is that it (even without any of the sidechain stuff) retains the mid range and cleans up the low end without taking any of it away. It doesn't get splatty, just punchy and clear no matter how hard I push. The saturation is quite nice too and I'll explore that more.

I also have it on a vocal and it's doing some great leveling without sounding leveled. As you dig in to it, it breaks up. I love it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search