The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: CB Electronics introduces XPatch-32 digitally controlled analogue patchbay
Old 6th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
I think if you are serious about the XPatch being flexible enough to be utilized for performance as well as a studio patchbay, you should have the maximum 128 snapshots allowed by midi (0-127).

If I am understanding the dilemma correctly, I think output bypass would be fine. So assignable CC's for 32 Mutes and 32 output Bypasses would go a long way towards making this a performance machine.

I'm not sure I understand the mono/stereo question. Is each channel able to be mono and stereo (stereo with a trs cable)? If so, I did not realize that!

Hadn't thought about the input problem. 16 is a lot of guitar inputs! I know for my purposes, I'd only need two but can't speak for others! Or are those 16 of the 32 and they are exclusively for guitar pedals? I don't think I am understanding.
Snapshots
128 snapshots are possible but if selected by a foot pedal then 128 different snapshots would be difficult to manage. If selected by a computer then any number can be stored in the computer.

Stereo
Channels are Mono but can be linked for stereo operation when using the paths to define the routing.

Optional MI inputs
Although there are two High impedance inputs on the front panel, the problem comes when connecting multiple pedals. The optional high input impedance cards are the same as the standard input cards but have FET buffers on the balanced inputs allowing them to be used with the pedals.
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBElectronics View Post
Snapshots
128 snapshots are possible but if selected by a foot pedal then 128 different snapshots would be difficult to manage. If selected by a computer then any number can be stored in the computer.

Stereo
Channels are Mono but can be linked for stereo operation when using the paths to define the routing.

Optional MI inputs
Although there are two High impedance inputs on the front panel, the problem comes when connecting multiple pedals. The optional high input impedance cards are the same as the standard input cards but have FET buffers on the balanced inputs allowing them to be used with the pedals.
I'm not sure I understand. I thought each Snapshot was selectable by Midi PC command, no? If so, what difference does it make where that PC command comes from (computer or foot controller)?

If each channel can be linked, doesn't that linking solve that problem? Or no?

So the max guitar pedals would be 16?

Thanks for your time in answering these questions
Old 6th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
I'm not sure I understand. I thought each Snapshot was selectable by Midi PC command, no? If so, what difference does it make where that PC command comes from (computer or foot controller)?

If each channel can be linked, doesn't that linking solve that problem? Or no?

So the max guitar pedals would be 16?

Thanks for your time in answering these questions
Snapshots
There is a simple foot switch input on the front that can also be used to step through the snapshots; 128 would make this difficult. The answer could be to increase the number of snapshots stored in the XPatch-32 but limit the foot switch to the first 16. The snapshots include both the routing and gain settings. The gain can also be controlled by midi.

Stereo
The channels may be linked only in the paths but a stereo unit can also be used as two mono units on different snapshots.

Guitar Pedals
With two high impedance cards you can have a maximum of 18 pedals (16+2 on the front) but there is nothing to stop requesting 3 or even 4, 3 would increase this to 26.

I welcome user feedback - Hence the new High Impedance input cards and the 5 pin Din Midi control input, after user feedback.
Old 11th December 2019
Here for the gear

XPatch-32 with Console Example

XPatch-32 with Console Example

Setup file included with XPatch Software download. Give it a Try!

Old 11th December 2019
Here for the gear
I’m assuming it’s possible to use 2 units sized by side to accommodate more IO than 32 IO? Are they identified as a 64X64 system or 2 separate 32x32. Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search