The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!
Old 27th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Yep, you reserve all the units you want for the same time, then they will all be selectable in the plugin during your time slot and you place them in the order you want.
Cheers Will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
The competition has one: https://mixanalog.com/products/elysia

Great, will give that a pop!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
We've got more equipment on the way and we're taking requests - tell us what you'd like to see added to the Analog Matrix....
It's nice to see you all will have a Neve 33609 soon! Looking forward to seeing how they fairs against your other mix buss compressor.

Another suggestion I have is a dbx 160 or its little brother the dbx 560A.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hardware

Quote:
It's nice to see you all will have a Neve 33609 soon! Looking forward to seeing how they fairs against your other mix buss compressor.

The Neve 33609 joins the Manley Labs Vari Mu and SSL G Comp in our rack - all three are excellent and have their own sound, and all three can be combined with a color box like the SSL Fusion, Black Box HG2 or Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet for amazing results - hope you get a chance to try some interesting combinations!

Another suggestion I have is a dbx 160 or its little brother the dbx 560A.
Yeah the dbx160 definitely does a certain thing that is unique and tasty. Since it's more of an 'affordable' box we've been considering finding a unique vintage pair or possibly hardwiring it to another piece of equipment to be reserved as a single unit in the Analog Matrix so that the value is consistent with our other selections. What would you pair it with?

Thanks for the requests! - Keep 'em coming!

-Ryan
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
Yeah the dbx160 definitely does a certain thing that is unique and tasty. Since it's more of an 'affordable' box we've been considering finding a unique vintage pair or possibly hardwiring it to another piece of equipment to be reserved as a single unit in the Analog Matrix so that the value is consistent with our other selections. What would you pair it with?

Thanks for the requests! - Keep 'em coming!

-Ryan
An API 560 or 550b before it, then the dbx (lunch box dbx 560A version) then maybe an SSL EQ (611EQ 500 series) or something else "clean but aggressive" to finish it off. That's the plugin combo i use on snares and kick drums. Not a bad processing chain for bass either! If you add these three modules up plus the lunch box its price tag is closer to your other gear.

If you just had the 560 EQ and 560A compressor you could call it the 560 processor module.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just tried your service for the first time here in The Netherlands, must say I'm quite impressed! No latency issues with PT whatsoever, followed your instructions on YouTube regarding the track shifting and that worked fine. Only used the LA2A so far. Committed the track in PT and compared it to several software 2A's (usual suspects, Waves, IK) and I must say I prefer the hardware processed version. Looking forward to using it some more!

Cheers and all the best!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeters86 View Post
Just tried your service for the first time here in The Netherlands, must say I'm quite impressed! No latency issues with PT whatsoever, followed your instructions on YouTube regarding the track shifting and that worked fine. Only used the LA2A so far. Committed the track in PT and compared it to several software 2A's (usual suspects, Waves, IK) and I must say I prefer the hardware processed version. Looking forward to using it some more!

Cheers and all the best!
That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing - we're so happy our service can reach all the way from Colorado to the Netherlands

We recommend building a chain for amazing analog results.

For your next session - consider pairing two devices together like:

1176-LA2A
LA2A-PULTEC
Distressor-PULTEC
API5500 - Neve 33609 (coming soon!)
SSL G Comp - SSL Fusion
LTL Silver Bullet - Manley Vari Mu
Black Box HG2 - API 5500
etc. etc. etc.

The interaction between the hardware is where you can create some really nice sounds with amazing amounts of headroom. You can easily swap the order to explore, and don't forget about the wet/dry blend knob for easy parallel processing

Cheers!
Ryan
www.accessanalog.com
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks, I will!
Old 3 weeks ago
Very handy for trying gear, had a play with the Silver Bullet, nice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I wish you luck with this. Next we need robot drummers with remote controlled microphones and reflector/dampener walls that flip and move back and forth on rails!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
The competition has one: https://mixanalog.com/products/elysia

I've been using mixanalog for sometime now. I'm really happy with the quality and service.
I've never tried out access analog yet but looks pretty much the same with different gear.

There doesn't seem to be to much PR about these. The only reason I know about the company is gearslutz.

In my opinion they should really come together and take over the world pinky

I'm no expert but if the new generation of kids start their daw/plugin learning with the "Cloud Gear" processing, it will be huuuuuge.

#MAGA = Make Analog Great Again
#MERGEanalog
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
I've been using mixanalog for sometime now. I'm really happy with the quality and service.
I've never tried out access analog yet but looks pretty much the same with different gear.

There doesn't seem to be to much PR about these. The only reason I know about the company is gearslutz.

I'm no expert but if the new generation of kids start their daw/plugin learning with the "Cloud Gear" processing, it will be huuuuuge.

#MERGEanalog
The plug-in and all name brand gear are the biggest differences. Mix Analog offers higher sample rates.

Yes sir I am jealous of young engineers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

We're actually quite different

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post

#MERGEanalog
Our service is actually quite different than MixAnalog:

Access Analog's Analog Matrix plugin works inside all DAW's - Mix:Analog is a standalone browser based app

When using the Analog Matrix plugin, audio is streaming in real time in BOTH directions - this means you are able to mix in real time. You can be adjusting other elements and plugins in your mix while using the Analog Matrix.

So, for example, if the Analog Matrix connects you to the SSL G Comp and Fusion, put it on your mix bus and you can be actively mixing and monitoring through the hardware. With Mix:Analog you upload a static file and audio streams in one direction - back to you from the hardware. So you can't make any adjustments to your mix, only adjustments to the processing of that static file that you've uploaded and worked on outside of your DAW. Very very different workflow and results.

We've got cameras tracking the meters, and everything is synced up in real time - control of the hardware, metering and monitoring.

Inside the Analog Matrix plugin you can design your own signal chain of up to 5 stereo devices and easily swap the order. Create your own custom presets.

All of our equipment remains in original condition - Mix:Analog modifies the equipment internally to achieve control of the device.

You can render your files using our offline processor or record the output of our plugin to a new track in your DAW. The Analog Matrix works along with your other plugin inserts so you can get creative with a truly hybrid processing chain!

Access Analog currently offers 15 pieces equipment, including stereo pairs of PULTECS, Distressors and 1176's with the option to link the controls for easy stereo usage. Stay tuned as we will be continually adding new equipment.

24bit/96k resolution streaming and offline processing coming very soon!

And the Neve 33609 will be available soon!

Connect to the Analog Matrix and hear the sound of real analog processing in your next session!

Cheers!
Ryan
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

When multiple gear is booked, how is it being routed? Digitally? All analog?

What is the benefit of offline processing using your services?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

And what cables are being used?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

i booked finally tomorrow my first 2 hours slot!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I think I remember them saying it's routed digitally, ie a trip out and in of an Aurora(n) for each piece of equipment.

the "other team" seem to have chosen to go the analogue routing path instead..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

OK my first time was really great. Had a silver bullet and the ssl bus comp.

Now the GAS for both is really on. Need a go fund me or sth like that
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

What is a good counter part for the fusion?

Really want to try it before me settle to buy a silver bullet?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I’m amazed that either cloud fx provider has yet to hook up a plate reverb or even a (much cheaper) stereo spring like an old Orban. Quite apart from being a sexy effect that everyone uses and (most) are limited to using software it’s a very simple effect for a user to try out for the first time compared to a complex eq. Am I missing something?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixolyd View Post
I’m amazed that either cloud fx provider has yet to hook up a plate reverb or even a (much cheaper) stereo spring like an old Orban. Quite apart from being a sexy effect that everyone uses and (most) are limited to using software it’s a very simple effect for a user to try out for the first time compared to a complex eq. Am I missing something?
Do those require quiet spaces?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Do those require quiet spaces?
Quiet-ish rather than truly quiet I think: a plate reverb uses a contact mic to pick up the vibration so there’s no “over the air” mic involved. It just needs to be a low vibration environment so the plate is only stimulated by the transducer - you wouldn’t put one next to the drum room!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:

Good question - to allow for maximum flexibility our system routes audio via analog connections from the Aurora (n) out to each piece of equipment. So when multiple pieces are booked you can easily swap the order because there is a unique AD/DA path for each piece of equipment.

Offline processing allows those with slower internet connections to upload the file, have it processed though the gear, and then download the file. This eliminates the real time streaming in both directions thus maximizing the connection bandwidth. Files are rendered offline at 24/96 resolution. This can also be a time saver depending on your workflow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
What is a good counter part for the fusion?

Really want to try it before me settle to buy a silver bullet?
SSL informed us that the G Comp and Fusion were designed to play well together. Reserve them both (or add the Silver Bullet too) and see what kind of tones you come up with - you can print several versions and compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixolyd View Post
This has become one of our top requests and we love the idea of a real plate reverb, both full sized and rack based, being available in the cloud. Possibly even chambers and rooms too. It's on our list....just give us time to explore...if anyone wants to send us an EMT140 we're ready!

Cheers,
Ryan
ps get ready for the Neve 33609!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Now that we can real-time stream and print at 24 bit 96k, a have a question. I have some 44.1k files that I might want to put through the service. Would it be best for me to batch convert my files to 96k with my SRC of choice first? Or should I let the plugin do it? I'm think the first option would be best.

Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Now that we can real-time stream and print at 24 bit 96k, a have a question. I have some 44.1k files that I might want to put through the service. Would it be best for me to batch convert my files to 96k with my SRC of choice first? Or should I let the plugin do it? I'm think the first option would be best.

Cheers.
That's up to you - if you have a conversion program you prefer than thats probably best but maybe try ours and compare?

Enjoy the analog processing!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search