The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!
Old 12th October 2019
Gear Nut

Same here. I used their service and I'm deciding of either buying the black box or the fusion. I wasn't even planning on buying one of these units but that changed fast.
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear

After using the Silver Bullet through this service, I'm really lusting after one and considering getting it. I just need to come up with the spare $2000 ... lol.
Old 12th October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
After using your service this summer I bought a Black Box HG-2, and a Bettermaker Limiter after using your competitions's service...... so feel free to use me as a real world example to manufactures that your customers WILL buy hardware they can test online.
Right on Will..
Looking to buy the Silver Bullet and Fusion..

KP
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2020 View Post
Right on Will..
Looking to buy the Silver Bullet and Fusion..

KP
I'm looking at either a SB or Fusion next, and would also like to Access test a RND MBP and Curve Bender.
Old 13th October 2019
After testing SSL Fusion I was thinking who would get SSL Fusion and this thing is boring af, let me explain a little

I was thinking that SSL Fusion is pretty much okay, nothing special. Let face it
1) Vintage Drive is okay (not exceptional, but good), there's a lot of alternatives (and I'm talking about plugins) and I didn't find that this drive is much more cooler then Saturn for exemple
2) EQ Section is not exceptional, for me it's even too broad, but still useble because it can enhance the mix.
3) HF Compression is also very useble, I don't have a problematic material to work with so I can't tell you how great it is in real world
4) Stereo Image is simple M/S thing where Space is low-lowmids shelfing and Width is overall gain of side channel.
5) SSL Transformer is acutally pretty cool and exceptional for me

And then I realize that it's exceptional and usable device worth having cause it has everything in one box: saturation, eq, hf comp, stereo expander, transformer - all in one box

But then after Black Box HG-2 I was like "damn, that's magical!"
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Addict

No free demo? All paid?
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Meh

My neighbours basement studio has a better collection of gear

Ill stick to dmg emulations which are what i use if i run out of pultecs and api and urei and whatnot
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2 d3 e6 View Post
Meh

My neighbours basement studio has a better collection of gear
While that may be true, I can't use your neighbors gear from my studio, lol.
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Nice concept, but you need good internet connection. I booked 1 hour for trying out the black box but couldn’t get it working. No tragedy, it was only 10 dollars but it’s a pity I can’t use is as intended
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___GLM___ View Post
Nice concept, but you need good internet connection. I booked 1 hour for trying out the black box but couldn’t get it working. No tragedy, it was only 10 dollars but it’s a pity I can’t use is as intended
That was my biggest issue with the service too, I had 70% success rate. Only 48Khz was my second issue. In the end I was able to demo different gear remotely so it made my two issues worth the hassle. As always to each their own.
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___GLM___ View Post
Sorry you had troubles connecting! We will send you a coupon to try again if you'd like, or issue a full refund. We will DM you the coupon. Let's do some troubleshooting and get you dialed in. Thanks for being patient!
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
That was my biggest issue with the service too, I had 70% success rate. Only 48Khz was my second issue. In the end I was able to demo different gear remotely so it made my two issues worth the hassle. As always to each their own.
We're working on an offline bounce option at 96khz, but current internet speeds don't support stereo files streaming in both directions uncompressed at 24/96.

Have you tried our service since the summer? We're constantly improving, be sure to download the latest version of the plugin. DM us and we'll send you a coupon to try again and we'll improve upon that 70% success rate!
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Addict

I just wanted to share that I tried Analog Matrix from Denmark at 24 Bit/48KHz and it worked perfectly the first time. Not a single glitch. Impressive!

Sounded great too.

I emailed Access Analog and it seems that they have some cool stuff in the pipeline. Looking forward to that!
Old 16th October 2019
Lives for gear
Massive Passive Please
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I'm so signing up for this. PLEASE get a 33609 and the new 50 year Anniversary API 2500 too!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Hello Access Analog Rep.

Will using a VPN program cause issues with scheduling since the program makes it seem that I am at a different location by using a different IP address?

Just gave your service a try for one hour and it worked well with Studio One. (I did not turn on my VPN service as I did not want to take a chance on messing things up.)

The only issue I had was when I tried to mix down in realtime through Studio One the resulting file was silent. Next I used your offline option and it worked nicely.

It seems that all plugins located before your plugin will be included in the offline processing, and any plugins that follow your plugin are not processed when using your offline processing option. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Last edited by rcprod; 4 weeks ago at 03:33 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

How about an Elysia museq? Damn fine unit great for mixing and mastering. It would fit with the current gear as a transparent/silky EQ.
Old 4 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
I was hoping to see a demo that they were doing at the show.

Last edited by rcprod; 3 weeks ago at 03:21 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcprod View Post
Hello Access Analog Rep.

Will using a VPN program cause issues with scheduling since the program makes it seem that I am at a different location by using a different IP address?

Just gave your service a try for one hour and it worked well with Studio One. (I did not turn on my VPN service as I did not want to take a chance on messing things up.)

The only issue I had was when I tried to mix down in realtime through Studio One the resulting file was silent. Next I used your offline option and it worked nicely.

It seems that all plugins located before your plugin will be included in the offline processing, and any plugins that follow your plugin are not processed when using your offline processing option. Is that correct?

Thanks.
THANKS FOR CONNECTING!!! You are correct about offline processing- it is capturing the output of our plugin including everything inserted before it. We haven't encountered the issue you had with bouncing in Studio One - did you try routing the output of the Analog Matrix to a new track in your session and recording it? DM us and we'll get it worked out, typically the real time bounce function works in all DAW's. Perhaps it was related to the plugins inserted after the Analog Matrix.

You are correct about scheduling - our system recognizes the time zone of where you are connecting from, thus a VPN could possibly cause confusion in determining your time zone.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcprod View Post
I was hoping to see a demo that they were doing at the show.
Yeah me too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
Yeah me too.
This video has some shots of the robotics:
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Wow!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

This looks awesome. Just a quick question if someone knows the answer - when setting the controls on the hardware units, how would you know what settings you want without hearing audio playing through it live as you tweak the controls to taste as this would surely take some time before you get it set up as you like it and also set up in the correct chain of gear? Or would you just have to guess what settings you want and then get the audio back, guess again if it's not right and keep doing it that way? Cheers.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
This looks awesome. Just a quick question if someone knows the answer - when setting the controls on the hardware units, how would you know what settings you want without hearing audio playing through it live as you tweak the controls to taste as this would surely take some time before you get it set up as you like it and also set up in the correct chain of gear? Or would you just have to guess what settings you want and then get the audio back, guess again if it's not right and keep doing it that way? Cheers.
Everything is live in real time, works just like a plugin.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
For those of you interested in what the Analog Matrix rack in the cloud looks like, check out the attached photo.

We have a video from NAMM of the robotics in action on our Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMcEY1h..._web_copy_link
my dumb comment of the day but its helpful to have your website and info on your signature. these threads get long.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

and can u add the overstayer modular channel? you know.. if its not too cheap
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The website/help says you can create any chain you want via the plugin (like Slate VMR), but you can only reserve one unit at a time.

To use multiple units do you need to make multiple reservations for the same time slot?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
The website/help says you can create any chain you want via the plugin (like Slate VMR), but you can only reserve one unit at a time.

To use multiple units do you need to make multiple reservations for the same time slot?
Yep, you reserve all the units you want for the same time, then they will all be selectable in the plugin during your time slot and you place them in the order you want.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
How about an Elysia museq? Damn fine unit great for mixing and mastering. It would fit with the current gear as a transparent/silky EQ.
The competition has one: https://mixanalog.com/products/elysia

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search