The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2020 View Post
Tried this Service today.. Had a little hiccup but after rebooting system and clearing cache things worked Great so far.. The Silver Bullet is Awesome. Sounds Great. Appreciate all Chris's Help through email. Fast Replies!!

Now only if they had 4 Silver Bullets We could us at the same time, lolol Definitely Going to Buy One!!

KP

Ha, this company may as well run an online retail store... probably the best sales pitch out there... letting people run their tracks through them....
Old 19th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCheck123 View Post
Ha, this company may as well run an online retail store... probably the best sales pitch out there... letting people run their tracks through them....
That would be a great idea!! Haha!
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Head

Hardware Never enough Silver Bullets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2020 View Post
Tried this Service today.. Had a little hiccup but after rebooting system and clearing cache things worked Great so far.. The Silver Bullet is Awesome. Sounds Great. Appreciate all Chris's Help through email. Fast Replies!!

Now only if they had 4 Silver Bullets We could us at the same time, lolol Definitely Going to Buy One!!

KP
Thanks for being patient while getting everything dialed in! I hope we can agree it's worth it - the Silver Bullet is amazing!

Happy to hear you are loving it!

4 Silver Bullets all at once...oh wow that would be incredible!!!Let's build an entire console of them!
Old 19th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
Thanks for being patient while getting everything dialed in! I hope we can agree it's worth it - the Silver Bullet is amazing!

Happy to hear you are loving it!

4 Silver Bullets all at once...oh wow that would be incredible!!!Let's build an entire console of them!
Yes! Make it happen!!
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

I definitely think this is the future.. especially for demoing hardware properly before purchase. You'll have a hard time staying in business once Thomann or some similar giant figures this out.

.. or you'll be filthy rich when they all want to use your system and pay royalties for the patent usage.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

I beta tested quite a bit and Chris/Ryan were awesome to work with. And the silver bullet sounds amazing.

On the flip side, I tried getting a (very small) credit refund at the ‘other’ analog online gear site and got treated like sh!t. And I have a high tolerance for bullsh!t... we all have bad days. The issue was clearly the software UI on their end and yet was pushing back on issuing a credit (we’re talking a pittance in the $5-$10 range).

Not sure if I will use this type of service (really depends on price) but I would never hesitate to work with Chris or Ryan at AA.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Head

check streaming performance

Pro tip: the plugin is setup to connect to the server and stream audio whether you have an equipment reservation or not. You can't drag equipment into the rack without a reservation, naturally...but you can check your streaming performance at no cost.

Edit: You still need an AA account, which is currently created at the end of your first reservation.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Head

Hardware Satisfaction guaranteed

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
I beta tested quite a bit and Chris/Ryan were awesome to work with. And the silver bullet sounds amazing.

On the flip side, I tried getting a (very small) credit refund at the ‘other’ analog online gear site and got treated like sh!t. And I have a high tolerance for bullsh!t... we all have bad days. The issue was clearly the software UI on their end and yet was pushing back on issuing a credit (we’re talking a pittance in the $5-$10 range).

Not sure if I will use this type of service (really depends on price) but I would never hesitate to work with Chris or Ryan at AA.
Thanks for the kind words Jay! And thanks for helping with beta testing! We hope to keep the pricing affordable and eventually offer some subscription options for those interested in connecting often.

One thing to note- our pricing gets cheaper on longer reservations. We want to encourage users to have enough time to enjoy the equipment and get the desired results. And keep an eye out for coupons and promotions - we'd like to encourage everyone not only to try our service but try multiple pieces of equipment together. We really think you'll love the sound of building your dream signal chain, like pairing the G Comp with a pair of PULTEC EQP1A's!
($12,000 of hardware with the added benefit of recall, presets, automation, built in wet/dry parallel processing, easy drag and drop routing)
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Nut

Are you gonna add more stuffs sooner or it will take a while? Am actually interested in mastering stuffs more than mixing.
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Pro tip: the plugin is setup to connect to the server and stream audio whether you have an equipment reservation or not. You can't drag equipment into the rack without a reservation, naturally...but you can check your streaming performance at no cost.

Edit: You still need an AA account, which is currently created at the end of your first reservation.
How accurate are the db adjustments?
Can i actually tweak with db readings or just strictly by ears only?

Thanks
Old 20th September 2019
[QUOTE=AccessAnalog;14218618]Great Idea!!!! Perhaps one day....

How about some Eventide H7600 or H9000 Units for some Reverbs/Chorus to print down ??

KP

Last edited by KP2020; 20th September 2019 at 04:39 PM..
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

I thought I read somewhere that tape machines were offered as well...maybe not...I couldn't see any on the equipment list.

Would love to run a mix through an AMPEX ATR102 or the like!
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

Longmont!? I'm an hour away. Can I just come over?
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Few Knobs View Post
Are you gonna add more stuffs sooner or it will take a while? Am actually interested in mastering stuffs more than mixing.
We have two pieces queued up that will be introduced in the next few months that are very well known. We certainly want to grow the library with both popular and boutique items.
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Few Knobs View Post
How accurate are the db adjustments?
Can i actually tweak with db readings or just strictly by ears only?

Thanks
All hardware meters are tracked and displayed in the plugin in real time, so you can use eyes and ears.
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear
Very good concept. Hope we can get these robot kits for our existing hardware. For example, "Robot Recall kit with vst plugin for Manley Variable Mu" or "Robot Recall kit with vst plugin for Distressor"
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear
Are there any shut down times or this service is 24/7?

I just took a half hour slot for La 2a. My internet speed does not cope up with it. When i tried offline it crashes my Cubase Pro 10. I am on Mac 10.13.4 High Sierra. I managed to bounce a vocal file with 128 kbps. With all said even the 128kbps file comes out to be very good sonically. What i am hearing is encouraging me to change my internet connection and use this service more.

Last edited by amit monga; 20th September 2019 at 01:40 PM..
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Addict

This is ground breaking service and tech. Congratulations!

Have you considered offering the same service with rare/ expensive synthesizers?
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Head

This is bloody brilliant, as I’ve sold off all my Hw!
Question though, would I be able to obtain a demo use of your service?
Even say a 30 minute session would be good enough to know if this would work for me
Cheers!
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
Are there any shut down times or this service is 24/7?

I just took a half hour slot for La 2a. My internet speed does not cope up with it. When i tried offline it crashes my Cubase Pro 10. I am on Mac 10.13.4 High Sierra. I managed to bounce a vocal file with 128 kbps. With all said even the 128kbps file comes out to be very good sonically. What i am hearing is encouraging me to change my internet connection and use this service more.
Thanks for connecting! Our service is available 24/7 with some equipment briefly going offline occasionally for maintenance. Can you please email us [email protected] - we will investigate the Cubase crash - sounds related to your internet connection from India to the U.S. but we'll get you sorted -Thanks again!

Last edited by AccessAnalog; 20th September 2019 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: forgot to answer 24/7 question
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Very good concept. Hope we can get these robot kits for our existing hardware. For example, "Robot Recall kit with vst plugin for Manley Variable Mu" or "Robot Recall kit with vst plugin for Distressor"
Great Idea!!!! Perhaps one day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
This is ground breaking service and tech. Congratulations!

Have you considered offering the same service with rare/ expensive synthesizers?
Yes we've considered - it's something we plan to explore in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep6x View Post
This is bloody brilliant, as I’ve sold off all my Hw!
Question though, would I be able to obtain a demo use of your service?
Even say a 30 minute session would be good enough to know if this would work for me
Cheers!
Thanks! Sign up for our mailing list

https://accessanalog.com/join/
Old 20th September 2019
Gear Maniac

I see you have a patent. Time to Franchise! Gonna be huge demand for this and people are impatient.
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

uber audio?

Quote:
The Analog Matrix audio breakthrough: - Robotically controlled analog hardware in the cloud

For immediate release September 18th, 2019

-For the first time ever, musicians and engineers can process audio in real time using robotically controlled analog hardware in the cloud.

-The Analog Matrix works as a plugin inside all major digital audio workstations.

-Robotically controlled hardware offers unique benefits not possible before such as full recall, user designed custom presets, automation, easy routing, and simple parallel processing.

Longmont, Colorado - A new innovation in audio processing is now available from Access Analog: The groundbreaking Analog Matrix plugin can stream audio to professional audio hardware in the cloud. It’s the first plugin that lets musicians and engineers connect to robotically controlled hardware in real time.

“We created a solution that allows anyone to use the same professional analog processing they’ve heard on their favorite recordings.” Access Analog founder Chris Barrett explains “Users can connect from anywhere using a standard internet connection, at a fraction of the cost of buying the hardware. We recognized that many engineers and musicians have a strong desire to use analog hardware, but do not have access to a studio that owns the equipment, or resources available to purchase the gear”

Robotically controlled hardware offers unique benefits that have never before been possible.

“The Analog Matrix gives you full recall, presets, drag and drop routing flexibility and options like automation and easy parallel processing,” Barrett says “And you can utilize these benefits from anywhere, instead of being tied to a single studio location.”

A new approach to mixing is now possible.

“Since the audio is streaming to hardware and back with real-time control, metering and monitoring, - users can mix audio while also using any plugins or hardware they already own.” Barret explains “It’s truly a hybrid solution in which analog hardware can easily be integrated in a digital audio workstation.”

Access Analog offers equipment from manufacturers Manley Labs, Solid State Logic, Universal Audio, Empirical Labs, Louder Than Liftoff, and Pultec with many more to be added in the future. Users can easily mix and match devices to create their own unique signal chain. The Analog Matrix plugin can be downloaded for free - users just pay to reserve equipment that is available 24 hours per day, year-round. The server and associated hardware are located in Longmont, Colorado, with additional servers being added as demand requires.

For more information visit www.accessanalog.com

-Access Analog

Check out the videos on our Instagram access.analog and our YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVq...rJW_MDX5TCiBVg
could be an intersting business opportunity (although i think it's nuts)...

what i'm wondering though is - and let's assume that a single piece of gear emerges as the single most sought after service by millions of hobbyist - what would you do: buy land in a desert and stack thousands of fairchilds?! or maybe run an emulation on a supercomputer? will you refund money if audio gets corrupted my a faulty piece of gear? any quality control (via samples) or how can you guarantee this is not gonna happen? do i need to be scared by the potential that you could get hacked and my files (or do you think they are yours now?) end up on the net the next day? have you been considering legal issues? could a manufacturer refuse/stop you from using their gear?

would be interested in hearing your thoughts on those or related topics...
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Addict

I went to your page to check it out and it looked like you can only book one piece of gear at a time?
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Hardware Build your dream signal chain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolP View Post
I went to your page to check it out and it looked like you can only book one piece of gear at a time?
In our plug in, the routing panel allows you to drag and drop 5 devices in series. (photo attached) That's up to 5 stereo devices or 5 pairs of mono devices.

There is a 'Reserve More' button in the upper left hand corner after you reserve each piece of gear on our site - feel free to assemble any collection of gear you'd like. There's so many great possibilities!

Remember to book both mono units if you'd like to use them in stereo. Click the 'link' button to link the controls of two mono devices. (see photo)
Attached Thumbnails
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!-screen-shot-2019-08-08-5.32.45-pm.jpg  
Old 21st September 2019
Had the same idea a few years ago but never pursued it further.

Automated online service for vintage/high end gear

Congrats on the release, the real-time monitoring looks great!

Please consider adding plate reverb at some point

One of those things that most studios wouldn't have space for.
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear
Another Feature Request

Another feature request

We should also have an option for booking a slot on spot. For example suppose I am working on a project and i need 1176 to process my vocals, i will load the analog matrix plugin, check if 1176 is available, click on book now option, enter the time for slot and do the payment. This will make the workflow very easier.
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Soooo many times I want to go in to the studio just to process signals thru the gear and print it. I work at home now so I sorely miss doing that. If this can cover that need at a MASSIVE fraction of the cost of booking studio time, then I am in love!
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Another feature request

We should also have an option for booking a slot on spot. For example suppose I am working on a project and i need 1176 to process my vocals, i will load the analog matrix plugin, check if 1176 is available, click on book now option, enter the time for slot and do the payment. This will make the workflow very easier.
Maybe feasible only if they had a massive amount of gear and these robots...
Think of it like booking a Doctors appointment
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Guy View Post
Maybe feasible only if they had a massive amount of gear and these robots...
Think of it like booking a Doctors appointment
I think they do not need massive amount of gear for this workflow. If I am using one equipment at one time then it will be shown to others as "Not Available".
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search