The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Overloud - COMP LA Opto Compressor - 2A and 3A version in one plugin!
Old 10th October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Oh OK. Could the hardware compressors do this?
Nope. But adding that possibility wouldn't hurt imo...the saturation of the 2A sounds very good. Black Rooster added some modern functions on the VLA-FET so I don't get why he doesn't want to add this to a future update.
Old 10th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor View Post
Nope. But adding that possibility wouldn't hurt imo...the saturation of the 2A sounds very good. Black Rooster added some modern functions on the VLA-FET so I don't get why he doesn't want to add this to a future update.
Gotcha. Well, I think matching the hardware functionality was BRA's original design philosophy. Times are a-changing though, so we'll see!
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Might be time to finally demo this seeing as BRA VLA-2A just went on sale for $39 and as yet I have neither. Nothing like a sale for spurring one into action and comparing what's on offer. The Overloud offering is 2A and 3A so it's already ahead in the race even before the testing process begins but I'd have to wait for BF as it's not currently on a heavily discounted sale.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
Might be time to finally demo this seeing as BRA VLA-2A just went on sale for $39 and as yet I have neither. Nothing like a sale for spurring one into action and comparing what's on offer. The Overloud offering is 2A and 3A so it's already ahead in the race even before the testing process begins but I'd have to wait for BF as it's not currently on a heavily discounted sale.
There seems to be a dearth of 3A emulations in comparison to other hw units. I might even try out the Waves one. Anyone know whether that one is any good? Cheers.
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

I like it as much as the UAD version.. seems to always be some gain in hand when the plug in instantiates, hard not to hear it as better, when you can find it for 29$ its worth that easily
Old 20th April 2020
Gear Head

Been looking to buy an native LA-2A plugin for a while now (I don't own one), the Overloud Comp LA has been on my radar along with the Native Instruments/Softube VC 2A, DMG TrackComp 2 and the IK White 2A. The VC 2A so for seems to be the one I'm most confident about. Again, I'm not interested in the UAD ecosystem.

Has anyone compared the Comp LA to the NI VC 2A? I'm really interested in something that nails both the timing and compression characteristics as well as the saturation and tone.
Old 20th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphenetre View Post
Been looking to buy an native LA-2A plugin for a while now (I don't own one), the Overloud Comp LA has been on my radar along with the Native Instruments/Softube VC 2A, DMG TrackComp 2 and the IK White 2A. The VC 2A so for seems to be the one I'm most confident about. Again, I'm not interested in the UAD ecosystem.

Has anyone compared the Comp LA to the NI VC 2A? I'm really interested in something that nails both the timing and compression characteristics as well as the saturation and tone.
I have just tried the Overloud one of the two mentioned.
But I been comparing to UADs LA2A and I liked the UAD more for some reason.
Trackcomp 2 is also very good.
But I use LA COMP all over my mixes. Love the 3A on guitars, bass and sometimes drums and vox if the timing fits the track

Last edited by mattias78; 20th April 2020 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: spelllliingg
Old 20th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
I have just tried the Overloud one of the two mentioned.
But I been comparing to UADs LA2A and I liked the UAD more for some reason.
Trackcomp 2 is also very good.
But I use LA COMP all over my mixes. Love the 3A on guitars, bass and sometimes drums and vox if the timing fits the track
What kind of guitars do you use the 3A on? Slightly driven/heavy? On a gtr bus or individual tracks?

How do you think the 3A is vs the UAD?
Old 20th April 2020
Gear Nut

Try analog obsession LALA. It’s free and sounds great
Old 20th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
What kind of guitars do you use the 3A on? Slightly driven/heavy? On a gtr bus or individual tracks?

How do you think the 3A is vs the UAD?
I use it on electric guitars. Both hidden knobs at full clockwise(I think).so the la3a reacts to higher frequencies and distort a bit more. Just a few db of GR.

It was a long time since I tried the uad la3a. And it's a older version so it's not as closely emulated as the la2a and 1176.
But it's probably pretty good.
Old 20th April 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks. So, individual tracks or bus for you? Pretty sure CLA uses them on a bus but he mixes harder rock stuff than I normally do. I hardly ever use the UAD one but it is pretty good still - tends to distort fairly easily.

I’ll maybe check the Overloud demo.
Old 20th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Thanks. So, individual tracks or bus for you? Pretty sure CLA uses them on a bus but he mixes harder rock stuff than I normally do. I hardly ever use the UAD one but it is pretty good still - tends to distort fairly easily.

I’ll maybe check the Overloud demo.
If I have a stereo pair of guitars it's usually a bus. Just like cla. But also 1176 sounds pretty good on guitars.
📝 Reply