The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Crave DSP releases Crave EQ v1.4
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Nut

Crave DSP releases Crave EQ v1.4

Crave DSP have released version 1.4 of the Crave EQ, equalizer plugin for mixing and mastering.

Crave DSP releases Crave EQ v1.4-eq.jpg

What's new in version 1.4:

Keyboard
Keyboard for positioning bands with frequency snapping to notes and direct placement via double-click.

Crave DSP releases Crave EQ v1.4-keyboard.png

Anti-Jitter
Anti-jitter prevents you from accidentally moving a band when clicking to select it.

X/Y Lock
Holding ALT on Windows or the Option key on macOS while dragging a band will lock the band to the x/y axis.

Multi-Mono
Added multi-mono support in Pro Tools and Logic Pro.

More Spectrum Analyzer Adjustment
Spectrum axis can now be moved/offset as well as scaled.

Preset Name Display
Preset names are now shown in the user interface.

Frequency Formatting
Frequency knob now always shows 5 digits of accuracy.

Enhanced Spectrum Analyzer
Spectrum analyzer algorithm responds more naturally to audio.

More Automation
More parameters are available to automate, such as individual band bypass.

More information on Crave EQ

-- Keith Wood, Crave DSP
Attached Thumbnails
Crave DSP releases Crave EQ v1.4-eq.jpg   Crave DSP releases Crave EQ v1.4-keyboard.png  
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

My goto eq plugin just got better! Great!
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

1.4 brings a great many user-driven enhancements to what already was arguably the best-sounding digital EQ on the market. For me, the keyboard for pitch reference, 5-digit increments, and further automation parameters are very useful and most welcome, and the ongoing support and development of a singular key product is a very smart idea when we're talking about something as crucial as your general workhorse EQ.

One to rule them all...

Cheers to Keith!
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear
F*ck yeah! The piano roll is so useful for tuning drums. Very happy to see this product being developed/enhanced.

Maybe a little OT, but is there any resource on the technical differences between Crave EQ, Equilibrium and Pro-Q? Out of the three, I always preferred Crave EQ, but I'd like to know whether this is just a personal bias or whether there are any significant differences. Thanks in advance to anyone who might answer!
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Yeah mono is still not working in logic for me. Maybe it’s just my computer - Logic Pro X 10.4.4 Mojave 10.14.2

EDIT - OH SNAP, it actually works now!
It was to do with my default presets from the previous version. All presets from previous version doesn't work in mono, just need to resave them!

Thanks so much Keith! This is a perfect EQ now.
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Head

Thank you Keith! Great update

By the way, X/Y Lock is Control key on my mac.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Now by default the transparent mode is loaded, is it normal? I don't see it in the list of changes.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

OK then!!

Favourite (hidden) feature is that I can hold Shift key and scroll through perfect and repeatable steps of Gain, Q and Frequency!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly the ultimate EQ as my workflow is ALL about repeatable steps so I can return to any point among a selection of choices made. I am a freeform producer but when it comes to EQ I like to be able to choose between points rather than wonder around in the great expanse of digital EQ.

Crave EQ has solved this beautifully along with the piano roll!!

Damn. I'm so happy with this EQ now.

Old 6th September 2019
Gear Addict

nice upgrade . thanks
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Now by default the transparent mode is loaded, is it normal? I don't see it in the list of changes.
Interesting...I was sure the sound changed and thought it was me hallucinating. Maybe my ears are not tricking me, after all...
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Well spotted, yes I did change the default. If you want to change it back to analog, first select analog, and then from the presets menu choose "Extended Save...". Make sure "Phase Model" is turned on (to indicate this option should be part of the preset), then choose "Save as Default".

-- Keith
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks, this works perfect.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

This EQ is on my shopping to-do list. Fantastic.
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Great update! Its always nice when the best gets better!
Old 8th September 2019
Gear Nut
Keith I can honestly say you are the man and your love for your product is extremely obvious and shows. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

-Javier
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

How is this better/different from ProQ 3?

Thanks.
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post

Thanks.
Sound quality and an open developer to implement the proposals of its users.
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Sound quality and an open developer to implement the proposals of its users.
And a significantly lighter pricetag
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgs View Post
And a significantly lighter pricetag
Yes, also, although q3 has some important extra functions, it is dynamic, it has a match, the "Spectrum Grab" mode is great ... and this is very important.

I hope that Keith makes some movement in making dynamic eq, if crave were dynamic it would be amazing, perhaps an independent version of crave at a slightly higher price.
Old 9th September 2019
OMU
Lives for gear

For some reason I liked the old spectrum analyser better. It just 'felt' better, made me work quicker.
Old 9th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post

Thanks.
Besides the price difference, the unique "transparent" mode, and the awesome developer... I find the UI nicer-looking and a few functionality things are better on Crave.

I've only demoed Pro-Q, but was quickly driven mad by how the floating controls would always move around, and completely vanish when using a short window size.

Also on Pro-Q you can't zoom in on the 2 Y-axises with drag or scroll IIRC. Crave has a modifier key to alter the slope while over a node... Double-clock to rest knobs... etc

Quote:
I hope that Keith makes some movement in making dynamic eq, if crave were dynamic it would be amazing, perhaps an independent version of crave at a slightly higher price.
I'm hoping for a dynamic EQ too, but I hope it will be better than Pro-Q (ratio and timing controls for when you don't want "auto")
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Maniac

+1 on Keith exploring dynamic eq!

Installed the new update, looks and feels great!
Love the new analyzer, feels more responsive!

I never want to work without this EQ!
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Is the "transparent" mode the best one to leave it for the majority of uses?
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Addict

In my opinion transparent mode rules. I just wish I could 'jam' in digital, no latency mode and render in transparent mode without changing phase settings everytime. Hoping Keith will implement render functions soon.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

I mostly use Analog Phase, it sounds great so I stick with it. Transparent is cool for mastering but not always, it doesn't get me super excited about using it though... it just sounds cool and unique.
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
+1 on Keith exploring dynamic eq!
Yea it could be called Dave [Dynamic Crave]
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
Yea it could be called Dave [Dynamic Crave]
Yeah, by Dave Gamble from DMGAudio?)
Old 11th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Really enjoying the small things like the axis lock and output pre bypass. Theres really nothing more I miss or wish of this product, it’s just perfect! Until Keith gives us something new I never knew I needed!
Old 11th September 2019
I think I could only wish for a stepped mode. Really loving this thing with the new update.
Old 11th September 2019
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
Really enjoying the small things like the axis lock and output pre bypass. Theres really nothing more I miss or wish of this product, it’s just perfect! Until Keith gives us something new I never knew I needed!
I’d love to see added the option for the analiser to toggle between displaying the I/O or the channels separately (very useful in M/S).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search