The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neural DSP Archetype Nolly guitar plugin...
Old 1st September 2019
Lives for gear

Neural DSP Archetype Nolly guitar plugin...

I don't know what kind of voodoo these guys are up to, but they are KILLING it. Another amazing amp plugin offering.

https://neuraldsp.com/products/archetype-nolly/
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Addict

it's a beast!

Just when I think I don't need any more guitar or bass stuff. These guys raise the bar yet again.
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

That demo was off the chain...
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Guru

I don't trust people who don't de couple speakers !!!
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Addict

NeuralDSP does leave pretty much all gutiar modelling in the dust.i bought Fortin Nameless and Archetype Plini couple of weeks ago and i don't even play guitar,but i know good distortion when i hear it.would be cool for them to expand their portfolio beyond guitars.whatever is going on differently in their DSP chops i want to hear their take on anything involving non-linearties
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Auditioned Plini; bought Nolly! Its reallly good indeed!!
Old 2nd September 2019
Here for the gear

Best Amp Sims for sure, especially the Nolly ones!
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Guru

Did ya guz tried those or just listening to demo ( by the way what is said is a joke ...better say it before GS derail and goes ot lol )
Old 2nd September 2019
This is hands down the best guitar amp sim plugin I’ve ever tried. And I swear I’m not saying this because Periphery is pretty much my favorite band ever.

I’ve tried out every amp sim I could get my hands on at this point. I had recently settled on Mercuriall’s Spark after some extensive testing with Archetype:Plini and Nameless Suite as close seconds. The issue I had with Archetype: Plini was that it just wasn’t the tone I was looking for, and the issue I had with Nameless was that for some reason it just absolutely wrecked my system. The thing about Spark though is that it sounds kinda twangy, which also isn’t quite the sound I want but was the closest I found.

I was pretty convinced I was going to have to buy an Axe-Fx II or a tube amp head to get the tone I wanted before this plug-in.
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Did ya guz tried those or just listening to demo ( by the way what is said is a joke ...better say it before GS derail and goes ot lol )
Hey bro! Yep - I’ve got them both and I’m selling my Axe-Fox because of them. Definitely the new gold standard in amp sims. IF they ever chose to do a classic mid-gain collection (Vox, Matchless, Fender etc) then they would be the only amp plugins I’d use for everything.
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Tried them all except for Nolly.mostly using them for synths,mixing,sound design etc, but even in that context i could tell that a lot of amp sims that i had recommended to me weren't doing it for me.i use to rate Mercuriall pretty highly before these were on my radar and i was very close to dropping the coin on Spark and Reaxis,but they lack "solidity"and the dynamics are nowhere as nuanced and something odd is being done to the attacks that makes them all sound a bit sloppy in comparison to Neural DSP offerings

Very surprised that the music production communities are virtually silent about these.i literally only became aware of them from spammy video recommendations of some guitarist on the Youtube
Old 2nd September 2019
Quote:
I've made two tracks with it already!

https://soundcloud.com/alyxonfire/wholehearted
https://soundcloud.com/alyxonfire/archetype

BTW I'm using mixed cab impulses from the ML Sound Labs Misha bundle. YES, I AM OBSESSED WITH PERIPHERY LOL! But seriously though, I'm mainly using those because they're ready to go with minimal post processing and also because they're what I've been using to compare amp sims. The cabs in Archetype: Nolly are absolutely fantastic and I probably wouldn't have bought Cab Lab 3 and the Misha impulses if this would have come out 3 months ago. I'm not mad though, I'm glad I have all the options and I'm supporting my favorite artists!
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide View Post
I've made two tracks with it already!

https://soundcloud.com/alyxonfire/wholehearted
https://soundcloud.com/alyxonfire/archetype

BTW I'm using mixed cab impulses from the ML Sound Labs Misha bundle. YES, I AM OBSESSED WITH PERIPHERY LOL! But seriously though, I'm mainly using those because they're ready to go with minimal post processing and also because they're what I've been using to compare amp sims. The cabs in Archetype: Nolly are absolutely fantastic and I probably wouldn't have bought Cab Lab 3 and the Misha impulses if this would have come out 3 months ago. I'm not mad though, I'm glad I have all the options and I'm supporting my favorite artists!
Sounds great and convicing indeed ...but i guess you could done it with other amp sim , nope ?
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Hey bro! Yep - I’ve got them both and I’m selling my Axe-Fox because of them. Definitely the new gold standard in amp sims. IF they ever chose to do a classic mid-gain collection (Vox, Matchless, Fender etc) then they would be the only amp plugins I’d use for everything.
Thks Homie, i know you're a picky maniac so this def got my attention !!
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Tried them all except for Nolly.mostly using them for synths,mixing,sound design etc, but even in that context i could tell that a lot of amp sims that i had recommended to me weren't doing it for me.i use to rate Mercuriall pretty highly before these were on my radar and i was very close to dropping the coin on Spark and Reaxis,but they lack "solidity"and the dynamics are nowhere as nuanced and something odd is being done to the attacks that makes them all sound a bit sloppy in comparison to Neural DSP offerings

Very surprised that the music production communities are virtually silent about these.i literally only became aware of them from spammy video recommendations of some guitarist on the Youtube
yep no hyped marketing is great for us no so for brands sometime lol
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
yep no hyped marketing is great for us no so for brands sometime lol
Neural DSP can definitely NOT be accused of over-hyping. Quite the opposite. They have an amazing lineup and few people have even heard of them. I don't mind it being a secret.
Old 2nd September 2019
Quote:
Sounds great and convicing indeed ...but i guess you could done it with other amp sim , nope ?
Thanks! And yeah I mean I could have done it with Spark or one of the PA amps but honestly this is the only plug-in I've tried that will just sound good right out of the bat without a lot of tweaking or post processing.
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Maniac

Feels good for me! I´m testing this against the new stl andy james. I think I like Nolly better. Have some of you checked this too?

additionally more smack and warmth...
Old 3rd September 2019
Deleted 3284bb9
I never really see anyone posting about the STL plugins on here. I've been using the Andy James Tonality plugin and I think it's awesome. I'm yet to try this Nolly one but I've heard good things. It's amazing how good guitar plugins have got now. I remember using Peavey Revalver MKII years ago trying to get a killer tone with it and failing lol
Old 3rd September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 3284bb9 View Post
I never really see anyone posting about the STL plugins on here. I've been using the Andy James Tonality plugin and I think it's awesome.
I tried the Will Putney one and thought it was just okay, the Diezel sounded pretty decent but the Peavey sounded weird. The album cab impulses were pretty cool but the presets I tried didn’t sound much like the album tones they were supposed to sound like.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Holy Schnitzel!

What a sound, what an interface. I´m testing out virtual amps since right from the beginning in the world of computers, and this is one of a kind. Hats off, Neural DSP. Just wow and wow!
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

How versatile is this? Seems geared toward metal, but does it clean up well? Plini is extremely versatile and I use that on a slew of genres, I'm just wondering if, as a Plini owner, I need this since I don't get into the metal genre.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Which one is the best Neural amp for clean tones? Something Fender DR or Twin like.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
How versatile is this? Seems geared toward metal, but does it clean up well? Plini is extremely versatile and I use that on a slew of genres, I'm just wondering if, as a Plini owner, I need this since I don't get into the metal genre.
This is more versatile than Plini overall. Still prefer the clean tones of Plini but this does different things. It certainly can do more than metal - I've dialed in some excellent mid-gain tones with it.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Which one is the best Neural amp for clean tones? Something Fender DR or Twin like.
Plini for sure. Best clean tone plugin I've ever used, and I pretty much have them all.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Plini for sure. Best clean tone plugin I've ever used, and I pretty much have them all.
+1. Plini's clean tones are excellent.
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Interesting! Do you still use a Kemper for mid gain? I'm looking for cleanish low gain to mid gain tones and my Kemper's been handling it well. But, I like the idea of plugin for a few reasons so I guess its time to demo these. The demo video sounds great but nothing at all like the music I'm doing. Vox, Matchless and Fender are the ballpark I want. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
Interesting! Do you still use a Kemper for mid gain? I'm looking for cleanish low gain to mid gain tones and my Kemper's been handling it well. But, I like the idea of plugin for a few reasons so I guess its time to demo these. The demo video sounds great but nothing at all like the music I'm doing. Vox, Matchless and Fender are the ballpark I want. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
If you are after Vox and Fender then you absolutely have to try their Plini. I have just bought it since the previous owner had bought Nolly, but for me Plini is all I ever need from clean to crunch and everything in between for my MIM Tele Deluxe with 3 pick-ups and 7-tone custom switch. It sounds like perfect Fender clean to me and could also do twangy stuff a-la Vox + crunch and mildly driven stuff are awesome too. One thing to consider would be to lower gain on guitar' volume pot since the plug-in seems to be quite sensitive to the input and react differently tone wise.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

any samples of a rock, chimey slight breakup sound? ala a real ac/dc etc? i find so many sims have great clean or great metal like the samples here but i can rarely find that slight chimey break up sound on these.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallTone View Post
If you are after Vox and Fender then you absolutely have to try their Plini. I have just bought it since the previous owner had bought Nolly, but for me Plini is all I ever need from clean to crunch and everything in between for my MIM Tele Deluxe with 3 pick-ups and 7-tone custom switch. It sounds like perfect Fender clean to me and could also do twangy stuff a-la Vox + crunch and mildly driven stuff are awesome too. One thing to consider would be to lower gain on guitar' volume pot since the plug-in seems to be quite sensitive to the input and react differently tone wise.
I haven't been able to get a Vox tone from Plini (but admittedly haven't pursued it with much effort). Which amp are you using, low medium or high gain? And any other tips on setting it up?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search