Arturia releases 3 Delays You'll Actually Use - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia releases 3 Delays You'll Actually Use
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Do I want them? Yes. Do I need them? No. Am I going to buy them? No.
Old 10th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
It depdns on what you have , those are great , as well as other tools around , if you have delays that suites you , you re covered , move on if you re not covered , those and the mcd dso are the best bang for the buck (when mc dsp is on sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I’ll play Devil to Jeezo’s angel here and say you DO want them. I was in the fence too having a bunch of other options (Valhalla included). The immediacy of the Arturia ones, plus the brilliant sound of the Memory Man sold me.
i am tempted. but i think i am gonna pass. i got way too many vsts this month. i will wait and see what happens during black friday. maybe arturia will include the effects as part of the V Collections and entire people to upgrade with it.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
i am tempted. but i think i am gonna pass. i got way too many vsts this month. i will wait and see what happens during black friday. maybe arturia will include the effects as part of the V Collections and entire people to upgrade with it.
Great play by the way on soundcloud , i like the vibe
Lives for gear

Quote:
Great play by the way on soundcloud , i like the vibe
thanks man. thats a late 70s / early 80s washburn falcon through amplitube mesa and the tape echo.
Gear Guru

Quote:
thanks man. thats a late 70s / early 80s washburn falcon through amplitube mesa and the tape echo.
Don t kill me with the mesa , i bought the fender to get into ik deal thinking all expansions were 99 , the mesa being one of my fav that i wanted ... just to figure out it was 149 and so not in the freebee ....lol
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don t kill me with the mesa , i bought the fender to get into ik deal thinking all expansions were 99 , the mesa being one of my fav that i wanted ... just to figure out it was 149 and so not in the freebee ....lol
the mesa is really good. i think the fender collection 2 and mesa are the newer ones.
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Guru

What i like with young producers : they don't give a f ....
that's some Lofi plugin abuse lol

Jtt
Gear Addict

Quote:
Does anyone have expetornknow how does it compare with IK Tracks 5 Tape Echo?
I don’t use the ik anymore. It was dark in a somewhat good way. But the daw host delay bpm sync would reset everything time I opened a project. Maybe this has been fixed?

It is very different from the Arturia delays.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtt View Post
I don’t use the ik anymore. It was dark in a somewhat good way. But the daw host delay bpm sync would reset everything time I opened a project. Maybe this has been fixed?

It is very different from the Arturia delays.
there was an issue with it yep , i think a lot have been fixed , be sure to check ....
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

I have plenty of delays I "Actually Use"

How to turn me off a product? use an arrogant product name.
Old 11th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
What i like with young producers : they don't give a f ....
that's some Lofi plugin abuse lol

That's a complete abuse of lo-fi effects. The song seriously lacks harmonics.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
I have plenty of delays I "Actually Use"

How to turn me off a product? use an arrogant product name.
The name to me means nothing....Its how it sounds.....Good stuff for 20 a plug IMO
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Sounds cool to me. An example of abusing things well. But I enjoyed that whole wave of non-musical minimal rap production.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
THat s the beauty of the consept and what creates also focus on a clear voice and message i hear contrastes
Gear Head

Quote:
THat s the beauty of the consept and what creates also focus on a clear voice and message i hear contrastes
That is some excellent production. We have all these crazy tools but it takes taste and serious talent to come up with something that pushes the boundaries.

I went all in on the 12 effect bundle. I didn't expect much from the filters but the mini on a bass guitar loop got me into Bootsy territory.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl4311 View Post
That is some excellent production. We have all these crazy tools but it takes taste and serious talent to come up with something that pushes the boundaries.

I went all in on the 12 effect bundle. I didn't expect much from the filters but the mini on a bass guitar loop got me into Bootsy territory.
The mini is on every poject here , s good that i didn t needed the others ...
Lives for gear

Quote:
The mini is on every poject here , s good that i didn t needed the others ...

Just a touch of that drive. Perfect.
Old 11th September 2019
Like the Delays, love the filters... didn't buy the 3 filters because of no midi trigger of ENV so pointless really even though they sounded amazing. But the delays are really nice.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

the intro offer is done? showing $99 for me now, was $49.
Old 12th September 2019 | Show parent
unr
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
the intro offer is done? showing $99 for me now, was $49.
Yes, Intro price was until Monday 9th afair. (Read first page of thread)
Lives for gear

thank the lord! wallet saved for another day.
Lives for gear

I bought 3 Delays I might use yesterday for 69 eur.

I like them. While I have quite a few delays I see it like - if it inspires me to write one mediocre song (that gets played on a radio) it's paid for itself. While I might be perfectly fine with what I have already there's something in trying out the new stuff and well, sometimes you get gold.

201 will be used all over my next few songs so...I guess it's not such a bad deal. I like it.

k
Old 13th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I love the Valhalla Delay, But the one thing I am finding is the depth of it makes it tough to pull up quickly. I just want to tweak it endlessly. I have all the other Arturia plug-ins and the GUI really contributes a lot to my love of them. Obviously the sound has to stack up and these definitely do.
I'd tend to agree, there are a lot of options.

However, the more you use it and acclimate to the different types of delays and controls, if you know what you want in advance, you kind of know where to go more quickly.

I kinda wish it (and the other Vahalla stuff) had internal A/B/C/D comparison, because I tend to tweak and you can indeed lose the sound you just had quickly during experimenting.

The Arturia's GUIs are very well done. If I didn't have so many delays (I just bought Meta Filter too) I would have purchased these.
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Guru

As i m preparing courses for students , i ve found with time and even by tchating with friends and chilling in several forum , that people tends to skip the crucial pre production and templates / presets making process ...

The time people give to really dig into tools is propertionnal to what they gonna get from it , period ....
I spent the last week actuallisîg my tones/presets and starting default preset on all my amp sim stuff ..disocvereing stuff here and there and enhancing stuff here and there , even in my daw (didnt knew that in stufio one, you can save an instrument preset with the fx chain !! Imagine what i created , trillian basses with their ampeg , fender , 1176 , ect ...)

All this to say that back in the dayz pre production wasn t an option , it was the essential start , as it is with serious pro project nowdayz...like i say to student , i spend half of mybtime preparing ground for the creative process and this is why im fast and efficient with serious production level before even touching mixing ... this is no secret ...just consciousness of the art ...

So to all my dear gs friends take your time , and learn your tools ... fuk netfix , tv and all those crap around ... by giving time to your art it will bring it back , the other thing is that this is a much healthier activilty since it s synced to human rythm , and not imposing a level of stresfull useless infos at a crazy rate ...

Give time some time and give tools their due .... period .

Sometime it susefull to say loud ,what we all pretty know but keep forgeting with years , confort and lazzyness ...

Last edited by Jeezo; 13th September 2019 at 06:14 PM..
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Good statement!
Old 21st April 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Been looking for a space echo plug so I tested Tape 201 out against AudioThing Outer Space and Modnetic yesterday. Really liked the Arturia so thought I'd wait to see if there'd be a sale any time soon...

Lo and behold, I got an email from Arturia this morning saying that effects and instruments are 50% off until May 7th. Sold!
📝 Reply