The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reason Studios announced today that Reason 11 is now available
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOak View Post
So in other words Patchwork is the host in question. Did you check to see if theres a similar issue with other high latency plugins?
Yes I have tried in studio one also it behaves the same way.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Saturn View Post
I have to tell you this thing is not ready for release. If you examine carefully, it looks like the plugin doesn't report DAWs how much delay compensation has to be done. And when you put it on send, you get something like a comp effect.
Thanks for reporting this. Hoping for a quick update.
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear

Horrible company name change. Propellerheads was a lot better.
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
There are plenty of vsti plugin that can host vst plugins inside them, makes no sense for Reason 11 to not do this. The whole point for me is the ability to connect easily differenet Reason and vst's together.

Don't think I will be upgrading.
I would like to see that added also......

Maybe they will add that in the next version.

That would be a powerful addition for sure.
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Nut

+1

To be able to make combinators containing VST plugins inside the Reason Rack VST (like you can in Reason standalone) would be awesome.
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
I have to tell you this thing is not ready for release. If you examine carefully, it looks like the plugin doesn't report DAWs how much delay compensation has to be done. And when you put it on send, you get something like a comp effect.
According to the manual PDC should work:

Quote:
About Plugin Delay Compensation
There is no delay compensation made in the internal device routings of the Reason Rack Plugin instance itself. However, the summed delay in the signal chain to the Main Outputs 1-2 is reported to the host DAW, to allow for delay
compensation against other tracks or channels.
Maybe not if you're using other outputs?
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 View Post
According to the manual PDC should work:

If you think that is not caused cause of delay, which means the so called Reason has a sound is true and it is extremely ugly and doesn't sound professional. like I said I have tried also this same issue in Studio One and it behaves the same way. I'm not here to make an argument or a debate I just pointed out very big flow. If you own Reason, I'm on trial, go and report for them. I'm out of this thread and good luck with your Reason. I don't care about the manual I trust my ear.
Old 4th October 2019
Gear Maniac

I did further investigation this plugin doesn't even tell DAWs delay compensation either insert or send. Good luck with your Reason rack people this plugin is a joke.
Old 6th October 2019
Gear Maniac
Wow, just wow. This plugin is in fact useless. Is this me or what, Reason users and their developers have no quality standard? How do you manage to walk hand in hand with this company? In this day and age this is unacceptable. You end up having a song that sounds thin, full of phase and time issues depending on where you put this rack plugin.

I'm sure this company doesn't even care to send out a hot fix and expect people to use it as is. This is the reason I was so slow to make a decision about buying the intro version. From the way I see it, even for free, this plugin is useless.

I went to Kvraudio to see what people are talking about and what I understood was how much this company representatives and Reason fans are dancing on that forum.

This is flat out embarrassing even to release it, let alone to praise this plugin. Seriously? does this company bother with quality? Or do they always think about making money on the shoulders of naive Reason users? Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with them. How do you bring the same practice that you have been doing in Reason world to a well established high standard VST world this lackluster plugin? What? do you want to charge for this fix too for the day you have managed to fix it? Why is it that the moment you bring a feature, that feature is half baked and expect users to figure it out for its shortcomings? This same practice that you have been doing for so long in Reason world comes with you. What is the point of changing your company name? To look different? But you are the same. Same practice. The same cheap way implementation is supported by company representatives and fans forum discussion and review praising you for nothing.

The Reason fans and representatives have sold their soul and moral I can understand that. But as a company what are you sending to a world full of quality plugins to push out this poorly coded plugin as is? What is the beta all about? Fashion? Advertisement? Who are the beta testers? Farmers?

Last edited by Smallworld; 6th October 2019 at 11:55 AM..
Old 7th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Yes here you go in Studio One https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eVG...ew?usp=sharing
Imagine using using this plugin everywhere. It is disastrous.

If people find it hard to recreate this, I suggest to take off Reason representative hat.
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear

Somebody over at KVR called Anosou who appears to represent Reason said “there's an additional 64 samples of delay not reported at the moment. This is a bug and something we're looking to fix ASAP. For most use cases it won't matter, but it means a parallel channel won't phase cancel for example.”

Nothing to worry about, they know there’s an issue and they’ll fix it.
Old 7th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Now this is great to admit and work on the fix. This issue is not only a parallel problem but also insert FX. You can put it on Bass for example, your song will break apart. Time is important. The good thing is that they are aware and working on it. They have said ASAP. I will give them 6 months and over for that based on how slow they respond. What's really annoying is that the company representative or call them fans are trying to cover such an issue. It is not even hard to figure it out but they simply refused to accept and divert the topic into something else.

How can a person hate a forum? nobody hates KVR. I myself like it but specifically on Reason related it is full of fans and company representatives there. Why do I hate Reason? if I hate it, I won't even bother to try it. I have Rack extensions that I have bought in the past at least this time I can use them. Why do I let Softube Re stay there for nothing? However, either way send or insert without delay compensation I can't use them. This is not a small amount of delay. This is not a parallel issue but also an insert.

Thank you so much Cane Creek I will wait for an update.
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear

I’m just loosely following the subject the last Reason I bought was version 6 and even then I was upgrading it out of loyalty as I stopped using it when they added the big mixer and that record lark whatever version that was, it just became too overwhelming for me.

However once the plugin is working tight and I can run it in my DAW I’ll upgrade to 11, be good seeing that old rack again without all the clutter.
Old 7th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Now this is great to admit and work on the fix. This issue is not only a parallel problem but also insert FX. You can put it on Bass for example, your song will break apart. Time is important. The good thing is that they are aware and working on it. They have said ASAP. I will give them 6 months and over for that based on how slow they respond. What's really annoying is that the company representative or call them fans are trying to cover such an issue. It is not even hard to figure it out but they simply refused to accept and divert the topic into something else.

How can a person hate a forum? nobody hates KVR. I myself like it but specifically on Reason related it is full of fans and company representatives there. Why do I hate Reason? if I hate it, I won't even bother to try it. I have Rack extensions that I have bought in the past at least this time I can use them. Why do I let Softube Re stay there for nothing? However, either way send or insert without delay compensation I can't use them. This is not a small amount of delay. This is not a parallel issue but also an insert.

Thank you so much Cane Creek I will wait for an update.
KVR is not a fanny site for Reason, but KVR does get many of the Reasontalk spillover fanatatics who can't help but invade the few spaces left where anyone talking about Reason exists.

I love Reason, always have, but I've also been one of the most constructive critics in an effort to improve it where I see fit. Fanboying never helps a product - the reverse happens usually.
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Head

Hi guys! Stefan from Reason Studios here. Just wanted to mention that today we've released Reason 11.0.1 which brings a fix to the delay compensation issue:

Reason 11.0.1 Release Notes

Reason Rack Plugin Effect now correctly reports latency to the host
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could crash if you had authorized your computer but also saved your password for auto-login
Fixed a bug where Reason's interface could sometimes completely freeze when using several rack devices with advanced displays
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Hi guys! Stefan from Reason Studios here. Just wanted to mention that today we've released Reason 11.0.1 which brings a fix to the delay compensation issue:

Reason 11.0.1 Release Notes

Reason Rack Plugin Effect now correctly reports latency to the host
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could crash if you had authorized your computer but also saved your password for auto-login
Fixed a bug where Reason's interface could sometimes completely freeze when using several rack devices with advanced displays
That is a great news. So, do you mind reseting the trial period now? I get error message after download is finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Reason Studios announced today that Reason 11 is now available-screenshot-2019-10-25-08.52.02.png   Reason Studios announced today that Reason 11 is now available-screenshot-2019-10-25-08.52.02.png   Reason Studios announced today that Reason 11 is now available-image.png  
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Are you sure this thing report properly? Not in all plugins as far as I tested it. Put selig leveller or de-esser and as usual it collapses. I'm not trying to be a pain just saying go and test it. Please don't ask me for conformation it is extremely easy to test that. Anyways, maybe I will give Reason a shot when you release the AU version.
Old 25th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Are you sure this thing report properly? Not in all plugins as far as I tested it. Put selig leveller or de-esser and as usual it collapses. I'm not trying to be a pain just saying go and test it. Please don't ask me for conformation it is extremely easy to test that. Anyways, maybe I will give Reason a shot when you release the AU version.
Hey, Mattias here, the Product Manager of Reason. Thought I'd create an account instead of asking Stefan to respond.

Yes, Reason Rack Plugin reports latency properly now. However, that doesn't mean every Rack Extension (or VST, when running standalone) reports latency properly to us.

Selig Leveler and Selig DeEsser with Look Ahead enabled doesn't seem to report any latency to us at all. This is also true in Reason standalone. When we don't get a reported latency, there's not much we can do. It's up to the plugin manufacturer to make sure they report correctly. In this case, feel free to reach out to Selig Audio! I'm sure they'll be happy to sort that out.

We tested this before release of the bug fix as you might expected, but I just confirmed again that it works as expected with devices that does report latency to us. This includes MClass Maximizer, d16 Devastor 2, Quartet in FFT mode, Neptune, Ozone Maximizer and so on.

Hope that sheds some light on this!
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by anosou View Post
Hey, Mattias here, the Product Manager of Reason. Thought I'd create an account instead of asking Stefan to respond.

Yes, Reason Rack Plugin reports latency properly now. However, that doesn't mean every Rack Extension (or VST, when running standalone) reports latency properly to us.

Selig Leveler and Selig DeEsser with Look Ahead enabled doesn't seem to report any latency to us at all. This is also true in Reason standalone. When we don't get a reported latency, there's not much we can do. It's up to the plugin manufacturer to make sure they report correctly. In this case, feel free to reach out to Selig Audio! I'm sure they'll be happy to sort that out.

We tested this before release of the bug fix as you might expected, but I just confirmed again that it works as expected with devices that does report latency to us. This includes MClass Maximizer, d16 Devastor 2, Quartet in FFT mode, Neptune, Ozone Maximizer and so on.

Hope that sheds some light on this!
Perfect! So, any chance we will be having an update for Scream to report the delay then?
Old 25th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Perfect! So, any chance we will be having an update for Scream to report the delay then?
As far as I know, Scream4 doesn't introduce latency. Two of the algorithms (Tape and Tube, if I remember correctly) does phase invert the audio though. While we could fix this, it'd also change the sound of every song made from Reason 2.5 and forward using Scream4, that's 16 years of music, so I'm a bit wary of doing that.

I'll bring it up internally though, thanks for the feedback!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Thumbs down

Wrote this on Reddit---

Reason 11 Major Oversights for the Plugin-

1. No MIDI learn for the devices (instruments AND effects) (Really?). Even the standard Reason MIDI Implementation shows that CC9, CC12, CC72, CC73 (A D S R for a handful of the common Reason instruments) don't work right out of the box... at least include the basic MIDI implementation so we don't have to use the DAW's MIDI-learn (some of which are clunky)...

2. No MIDI learn for previous/next preset browsing (Arturia V-Collection does this with ALL of their included instruments)... and everything's easily midi-learnable. The Novation SL MKIII in InControl mode lets you easily browse previous/next preset... and if it gets "lost" (by mousing around), you just click back into the main preset section, and the buttons work perfectly again.

3. No MIDI output from any of the Players (even free plugins like Chordz, Cales, Kirnu Arpeggiator, etc... send MIDI output from their plugins, when used as Input FX, in Reaper)... they're FREE. Another CHEAP plugin (the well-respected Cthulhu by Xfer (same people who do Serum), sends MIDI output, from the Chords or the Arpeggiator modes. EZKeys (another Swedish company, Toontrack) enables MIDI output. It's 2019. MIDI output, please?

4. Dropping Rewire fully and completely, but crippling the plugin? Not a wise move. At all. Not everyone wants to use Ableton Link. Rewire might be clunky sometimes, but it gives us a lot of great options.

5. No "Copy to Track" for the loop-based instruments like Dr. OctoRex or the Matrix pattern sequencer (or any sequencer). At least offer a drag-n-drop? Omnisphere does, EZKeys does, Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer.....

Guys... you can't drop Rewire, introduce Reason as a plugin (after 20 years), and forget these very, very, very, very important things. You've got to listen to the people who are buying your product, or who are interested in buying it.

As cool/fun as Reason is, these are all major oversights. Major.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

When is the audio units version coming out? eager to try in pugin form. the standaline is pretty cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
When is the audio units version coming out? eager to try in pugin form. the standaline is pretty cool.
AU version of Reason Rack Plugin is out today!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/r...able-au-format
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

da fuk was all negative shiat in this thread!? i just got the AU version and its amazing.
Old 3 weeks ago
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
da fuk was all negative shiat in this thread!? i just got the AU version and its amazing.
Which DAW are you using?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search