The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reason Studios announced today that Reason 11 is now available
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farshad View Post
R.I.P. Rewire... for good
Really, will Rewire be a casualty in this move ??

Hope not, I use Live via Rewire into Logic a lot.
Old 13th September 2019
There are plenty of vsti plugin that can host vst plugins inside them, makes no sense for Reason 11 to not do this. The whole point for me is the ability to connect easily differenet Reason and vst's together.

Don't think I will be upgrading.
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
There are plenty of vsti plugin that can host vst plugins inside them, makes no sense for Reason 11 to not do this. The whole point for me is the ability to connect easily differenet Reason and vst's together.

Don't think I will be upgrading.
Have you forgotten how Propellerhead operate their business? They are intentionally slow to add a feature that is very important for their user and make them beg for it. And then, after two or three upgrade later they will announce it. Specially when their business is about to saturate. So, that is exactly why I ain’t going to upgrade to this. I need confirmation from them telling when to bring it.
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallworld View Post
Have you forgotten how Propellerhead operate their business? They are intentionally slow to add a feature that is very important for their user and make them beg for it. And then, after two or three upgrade later they will announce it. Specially when their business is about to saturate. So, that is exactly why I ain’t going to upgrade to this. I need confirmation from them telling when to bring it.
And then they charge for every little increment. Tired of it as well.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Guru

Guyz , is there a tool in reason to do granular and sample manipulation easily ?
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

the info says users will be able to load 3rd party plugins via their 3rd party rack extension. obviously they need to make some money.
plus, itll make it more stable imo. and they have a ton of 3rd party plugins not available as vst.
and reason already has a ton of options, effects and synths that come with it.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Guyz , is there a tool in reason to do granular and sample manipulation easily ?
yes, it has a cool granular synth/effect.try the demo.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
yes, it has a cool granular synth/effect.try the demo.
Yep. It’s called Grain.

It’s really easy to use.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
reason already has a ton of options, effects and synths that come with it.
Sure, if you're a minimalist. Otherwise I would hardly call it "a ton". For years I've been saying they really need to add a more diverse selection of stock effects. The introduction of RE's gave them the perfect excuse not to.
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

This is great, still some of the instruments of reason are the best ever produced. I would love if they would do all the instruments and effects as single plugins as well as well as the rack - this way it would be more efficient to have lot of instances of them - I'm really happy about this release but worried for the name change and the founder leaving the company.
Old 25th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Saturn View Post
You can authorize one computer for offline use for that you need internet. Then, if you are running studio computer and home separately you have to use the dongle. Since you can only run one computer at a time.
Ouch. Dealbreaker. I was thinking of returning to Reason after ...10+ years? but not being allowed multiple installations of at least the plugin in this day and age is silly. I'm not getting an extra dongle for the studio system just for this.

Allowing at least two system-bound installations of anything but a daw is definitely the norm now.

j,
Old 25th September 2019
News Desk Editor

Software

Reason Studios announced today that Reason 11 is now available via the newly released Reason Studios website and authorized resellers worldwide. Reason’s rack of legendary synths, instruments and effects can now be used in any DAW with the Reason Rack Plugin. Reason 11 also features six new devices, a host of workflow improvements, and a new Reason Suite offering.

“We’re thrilled to release Reason 11 today.” said Mattias Häggström Gerdt, Product Manager. “This release marks a new era for Reason. More musicians can explore the powerful Reason Rack than ever before —as a plugin or a DAW—and I personally can’t wait to hear the music they’ll make.”

Load any of your favorite Reason devices into any DAW with the Reason Rack Plugin (VST/AU*), complete with the free routing and great sounds you’d expect from Reason. Craft and polish your sound with new innovative modulation effects and a trio of devices pulled from Reason’s million-dollar mixing console. Or create music faster than ever in Reason. Edit, draw, crossfade, curve and zoom – building your tracks in no time.

Reason 11 comes in three flavors: Reason Intro, Reason and Reason Suite. Reason Suite is a vast collection of instruments, effects and other music making tools – more than 70 devices in total, including the newly released Scenic Hybrid Instrument along with top-selling Reason Studios devices including Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, and Drum Sequencer.

New Reason 11 devices include:
  • Quartet Chorus Ensemble: Spice up your sound with four flavors of chorus and ensemble effects. From classic vintage chorus to the unique sound of granular ensemble.
  • Sweeper Modulation Effect: Add more color with this high quality, multi-talented phaser, flanger and filter unit with expansive dynamic modulation options.
  • Master Bus Compressor: Reason’s trusted ready-for-radio bus compressor can now be applied anywhere in the rack.
  • Channel Dynamics: Use the subtle compressor, expander and gate from Reason’s studio-grade mixer anywhere in your signal chain
  • Channel EQ: The legendary modeled EQ unit featured in countless platinum recordings is now its own rack device.
  • Scenic Hybrid Instrument: A cinematic dream machine of atmospheric sounds, textures and powerful performance controls.

For details, see https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/new.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

And still no aax format but at least they're working on au format. Yeah I could use Blue Cat Patchwork to host Reason Rack but getting multiple audio outputs from Patchwork into PT is a hassle that one shouldn't have to go through. And you still can't host vst plugins when used as a plugin.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

I wish I could use VST3 plugins inside Reason 11, but no...

Come on !!! With some plugins being VST3 only, it's a bit of a pain in the ***.
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

and still no option for "export directly to top 20 billboard hit song" option. damn... i mean.. c'mon.
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

I wish they'll add VST3 plugin support inside Reason.

Some plugins are VST3 only, so we can't use them at the moment.

Last edited by kj.metissage; 28th September 2019 at 02:58 AM..
Old 27th September 2019
Gear Nut

From another topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp804 View Post
Since my main host only supports VST2, I am using the DDMF Metaplugin for bridging the Reason plugin. Works like a charm.
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 View Post
From another topic:
Shame we don't have more info from the poster on what daw he uses but I'm going to guess it's Digital Performer
Old 28th September 2019
Here for the gear
AAX support would be lovely!

VST within the AAX plugin would be a cool deal... also Possibly bypassing the need for Bluecat etc.
Old 29th September 2019
Gear Nut
I am trialling the reason11 and the rack plug in.

With the rack plug in, I find it's mostly reminding me how outdated Reason is, even though it's really cute.

The synths sound a bit flat to me. Samplers don't have a waveform display.

I wanted to like Dr.Octorex, but I find it inflexible. Other slice(x)ers win.

I may buy "Intro" at £69 just for the Scream plug in, but it could really do with a mix knob, y' know?

All very "old school".

I also won't stump up 309 GBP just to get to the nice effects of which i may or may not use a lot (Pulverizer is nice).

So yeah, it's intro or nothing. Not amazing me with that offer as I won't be using Reason DAW.

Last edited by wafa; 30th September 2019 at 02:28 AM..
Old 30th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafa View Post
I may buy "Intro" at £69 just for the Scream plug in, but it could really do with a mix knob, y' know?
I saw a video on YouTube where someone created a such a mix combinator with the free Rack Extention Morfin XF Crossfader by Groovy Melon and Spider Audio Merger & Splitter.
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

I have to tell you this thing is not ready for release. If you examine carefully, it looks like the plugin doesn't report DAWs how much delay compensation has to be done. And when you put it on send, you get something like a comp effect. I was really happy to try it and I'm very worried from experience I don't think they are going to fix it anytime soon. It doesn't change the fact they are changing their name. It won't change their personality. From experience Propellerhead they don't care. They will make me wait another 5 years for such a fix to come. To be honest I don't care about Scream in fact from memory I love their SSL. mercurial lab has great free distortion plugins and I can use any of them and be happy add klanghelm plugin and the world is yours. This plugin the integration is not tight. For some reason they were in a hurry to release it. Before you load anything it causes some type of delay man. This is is a VST world we are talking about not Reason world. There should be a button to multi output the Kong or Redrum manually dragging cables is a waste of time and still that doesn't work in my end anyway.
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have to tell you this thing is not ready for release. If you examine carefully, it looks like the plugin doesn't report DAWs how much delay compensation has to be done. And when you put it on send, you get something like a comp effect. I was really happy to try it and I'm very worried from experience I don't think they are going to fix it anytime soon. It doesn't change the fact they are changing their name. It won't change their personality. From experience Propellerhead they don't care. They will make me wait another 5 years for such a fix to come. To be honest I don't care about Scream in fact from memory I love their SSL. mercurial lab has great free distortion plugins and I can use any of them and be happy add klanghelm plugin and the world is yours. This plugin the integration is not tight. For some reason they were in a hurry to release it. Before you load anything it causes some type of delay man. This is is a VST world we are talking about not Reason world. There should be a button to multi output the Kong or Redrum manually dragging cables is a waste of time and still that doesn't work in my end anyway.
Ouch ! if there is a delay compensation problem, actually it's a huge issue.
I just upgraded Reason from 8 to 11, very happy to get rid of rewire for integrate some Reason synths in Live 10, but now I'm afraid I will get some troubles.
I had a stage setup with a carefully organized integration of rewired Reason in Live, but if this new Reason version messes everything, I'm just fukced up.
Are you sure about that ?
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
What daw are you using and on what operating system?
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Using Blue cat patchwork inside Harrison 32C I noticed the delay issue. The moment you drop the Rack VST inside without loading that happen. https://drive.google.com/file/d/186J...ew?usp=sharing
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Using Blue cat patchwork inside Harrison 32C I noticed the delay issue. The moment you drop the Rack VST inside without loading that happen. https://drive.google.com/file/d/186J...ew?usp=sharing
So in other words Patchwork is the host in question. Did you check to see if theres a similar issue with other high latency plugins?
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why aren't you going direct into Harrison? There's no need for Patchwork; make sure you're using the synth version of Patchwork. I submit you don't have a legitimate complaint until you go direct into Harrison.
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Why aren't you going direct into Harrison? There's no need for Patchwork; make sure you're using the synth version of Patchwork. I submit you don't have a legitimate complaint until you go direct into Harrison.
You are not serious right? Are you ? I have added UA 1176 in patchworks basically which introduces delay and works like a charm and you ask me to complain to Harrison for nothing? Every single plugins that I dropped in patchworks tells the DAW how much delay is going on and works like a charm the only VST that doesn't work is Reason and you want me to complain to Harrison? I'm out!
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
You are not serious right? Are you ? I have added UA 1176 in patchworks basically which introduces delay and works like a charm and you ask me to complain to Harrison for nothing? Every single plugins that I dropped in patchworks tells the DAW how much delay is going on and works like a charm the only VST that doesn't work is Reason and you want me to complain to Harrison? I'm out!
I did NOT ask you to complain to Harrison. I asked you why you're not going direct into Harrison instead of going through Patchwork. What I said was until you go straight into Harrison you have no legitimate reason to complain abut delay compensation. Period. I also asked why you're not going straight into Harrison but you can't be bothered to answer that can you?
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Maniac

Oh I get it. I apologise, because there is no VST3 support in Harrison. Only VST2 and AU as you know AU is not released yet. Nevertheless, Propllerhead should make the plugin tell the DAW what is going on. I use patchwork most of the time not only for this purpose but for parallel and I never had any issue with any plugin out there.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search