The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin
Old 3 weeks ago
  #181
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
one other small gripe - the ZL version is not installed as a VST or AU via aquarius, so the only way to use it is to load N4 and then load the ZL program.
Noticed this behavior in Logic.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #182
Lives for gear
 

I realize this is unlikely, wish something like this would come along for Kemper to use in live situations. I like playing with Kemper overdrive sounds but can't seem to get a clean like Virgo does. Kudos to you
Old 3 weeks ago
  #183
Is their any way this can be a stand alone plugin some day. I would be onboard if it was.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #184
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoundzz View Post
Is their any way this can be a stand alone plugin some day. I would be onboard if it was.
Agreed. There are other Acqua plugins which are all self-contained. Having to faff around with Nebula and all that isn't something I want to do.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #185
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Agreed. There are other Acqua plugins which are all self-contained. Having to faff around with Nebula and all that isn't something I want to do.
I think poster means standalone as in not requiring DAW. No other acqua plugins are currently standalone. By self contained, Virgo can be installed as VST and so doesn’t need to be opened in Nebula first, just like other acquas
Old 3 weeks ago
  #186
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
I think poster means standalone as in not requiring DAW. No other acqua plugins are currently standalone. By self contained, Virgo can be installed as VST and so doesn’t need to be opened in Nebula first, just like other acquas
Ah, ok, fair enough. You still need to install Nebula first though, as per the website:

Quote:
It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player or N4
Old 2 weeks ago
  #187
Gear Nut
this plugin can do some magical things on stereo sources like strings, piano, synths, and even drums. the bricasti samples sound huge and are great for a little room/ambience or longer plate sounds, and i love the sound of the stereo tremolo at slow speeds. i bought it knowing it was more than just a guitar amp and it has not disappointed!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #188
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadroDavide's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
this plugin can do some magical things on stereo sources like strings, piano, synths, and even drums. the bricasti samples sound huge and are great for a little room/ambience or longer plate sounds, and i love the sound of the stereo tremolo at slow speeds. i bought it knowing it was more than just a guitar amp and it has not disappointed!
Thanks.

Just as a side note, the intro price is about to expire for real, so do not miss the offer! Tomorrow it may be over (depending on AA for this).

Old 2 weeks ago
  #189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
Thanks.

Just as a side note, the intro price is about to expire for real, so do not miss the offer! Tomorrow it may be over (depending on AA for this).

Hi there, wanted to try this in last minute, but N4 asks me to authorize the trial, I tried two times but it still doesn't let me try it. Any idea?

Well, I bought it to make sure I get the special offer. Aquarius says it's authorized but N4 still asks me to authorize the plugin. This is the only N4 library where this happens. Anybody an idea or should I go this dire road of AA support :-)

Last edited by Geronimos Guitar; 2 weeks ago at 12:58 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #190
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Aquarius says it's authorized but N4 still asks me to authorize the plugin.
This is pretty weird, you are the first user reporting this issue. If you can find VIRGO*.AUT files in nebula4temprepository\Acquaplugins (supposing that you are on a win platform) and you still get the "Please authorize this product" message then open a ticket, otherwise you should try to understand why you don't have those files (i.e. writing permissions on your disk).
Old 2 weeks ago
  #191
Gear Nut
 

I must admit that since i've bought this i put it everywhere...

This plugin always add some kind of realness to every sounds.

I was mixing a track with DI guitars already processed (with no access to the dry recording) with other amp sims and i was surprised that they sounded better with Virgo added on top of it. Crazy good.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #192
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
This is pretty weird, you are the first user reporting this issue. ).
Not really So did I a few posts ago. I’ve got a new computer coming in so I’m not really that bothered
Old 2 weeks ago
  #193
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffo View Post
Not really So did I a few posts ago. I’ve got a new computer coming in so I’m not really that bothered
My bad, I went back to retrieve your post.

If you get the issue even on your new computer (still mac?), I suggest to open a ticket to Acustica.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #194
Gear Nut
 

I am experiencing the same problem with settings not being saved when I open a saved project that was discussed in post 91. Do you have a root cause for this problem from Acustica yet, and do you know when this is going to be fixed? You mentioned that the problem was reported.

Really excellent sounding library. Unfortunately, I lost what I thought were perfect settings on a track :(. Fortunately that means I just get to dial them in again . Still, this needs to save properly because no recall is kind of bad.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #195
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
This is pretty weird, you are the first user reporting this issue. If you can find VIRGO*.AUT files in nebula4temprepository\Acquaplugins (supposing that you are on a win platform) and you still get the "Please authorize this product" message then open a ticket, otherwise you should try to understand why you don't have those files (i.e. writing permissions on your disk).
I have this problem too. The Acustica guys are advising but nothing working so far
Old 2 weeks ago
  #196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ruston View Post
I have this problem too. The Acustica guys are advising but nothing working so far
I downgraded N4 Player to L000 04 feb 2019. Problem solved.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #197
Lives for gear
 

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try

Jack
Old 2 weeks ago
  #198
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadroDavide's Avatar
 

Still waiting for AA to update the intro price which is currently valid (35% OFF!).

Spread some love. Buy Virgo now!
Old 1 week ago
  #199
Gear Maniac
 
omkar's Avatar
 

Got it finally, installed and ... freaked the entire N4 installation.
(Gui opens minimized).

I`m on sessions and can`t have a closer look into what happened,
for now I believe to have seen the trial installed but not the commercial.
Any idea?
Old 1 week ago
  #200
Gear Maniac
 
omkar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar View Post
Got it finally, installed and ... freaked the entire N4 installation.
(Gui opens minimized).

I`m on sessions and can`t have a closer look into what happened,
for now I believe to have seen the trial installed but not the commercial.
Any idea?
SOLVED
I was in a hurry and messed up install path, after correction it shows up fine.
Mea culpa! Sorry about that.
Old 1 week ago
  #201
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Great, thanks, I will downgrade to N000 instead and will also report to AA (am away from computer but will report back if successful)

EDIT: Have tested with N000 and seems to be solid so far.
Investigation is going on, hopefully this workaround won't be needed anymore with the next fix of N4.
Old 1 week ago
  #202
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Investigation is going on, hopefully this workaround won't be needed anymore with the next fix of N4.
I know you didn't reply to me but I am having the recall issue as well. The thread you linked here appears to have a lot of traction in terms of investigation so I replied to that one and added my notes. It looks very much to me like the folks in that thread are definitely onto the problem and it has to do with samplerate changes (or something similar). My reply to that thread is here -> comment 326

I also reported my findings to Acustica in my ongoing ticket on this issue.
Old 1 week ago
  #203
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
I know you didn't reply to me but I am having the recall issue as well.
We are all waiting for a fix from Acustica: me too, as a user - I sent an email some weeks ago.

Knowing that a workaround exists, let's be patient. Giving hints is always useful, but the fix is up to the owners of the source code (who is not DiBiQuadro, and not even London Acoustics).
Old 1 week ago
  #204
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
We are all waiting for a fix from Acustica: me too, as a user - I sent an email some weeks ago.

Knowing that a workaround exists, let's be patient. Giving hints is always useful, but the fix is up to the owners of the source code (who is not DiBiQuadro, and not even London Acoustics).
Absolutely, which is why "I also reported my findings to Acustica in my ongoing ticket on this issue."

It's very clearly an N4 issue. I am just happy that this is on the path to being solved.

Let me take this opportunity to also say that I have been a "twin guy" for over 30 years and I absolutely love this release. I think this is simply stunning and I'll even go so far as to say that this is the one I have been waiting for. I'll be keeping a very close eye on all of your releases from now on to be sure.

Great work and thank you so much for creating this.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump