The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acustica Audio releases Navy2: the MODERN DREAMWARE ANTHOLOGY.
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris A. View Post
To Acustica and Giancarlo:

I just received a total blow off from your support team about the issue I am having with the Navy2 EQ. I have almost all of your plug-ins and have been supporting your company from the very beginning.

I have a 12 core mac and am using Pro-Tools Ultimate 2019.6. If I load just ONE instance of Navy2 EQ by itself in a blank session, it spikes the CPU to 100% and it stays there. It is completely unusable. NONE of your other plug-ins do this on my system. I can add many instances of the Navy2 comp and strip in full mixes with no problems. There is obviously a problem with just the Navy2 EQ on some mac systems and I am not the only one experiencing the issue. I have attached a screenshot of a facebook thread from the Acustica facebook group to show you.

I was told by Acustica support that I should just buy a new computer and then the ticket was closed. Really? that is the answer I get?...and I am not the only person reporting this problem.

Please talk with your support team. I hate having to post this in public, but I am tired of the kind of responses I get from Acustica support.

Thanks.

support ticket ID: 9971

SAME! I bought Navy2 some days ago and it's spiking to 100% every X seconds. From 40% to 100% every 5 seconds or so, causing clicks and freezing the system. I still have to create a ticket. Did they solve your case?

I have a computer with an Intel 9900k and 64Gb DDR4 Ram so...the computer is not the issue.
Old 13th September 2019
Posted this in the wrong thread, so reposting it here.

To get the best harmonic distortion use the Group preamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica Audio releases Navy2: the MODERN DREAMWARE ANTHOLOGY.-.jpg   Acustica Audio releases Navy2: the MODERN DREAMWARE ANTHOLOGY.-off.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
best = most? the group pres did sound the most colored to me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
best = most? the group pres did sound the most colored to me.
Yup. It has been like that since version 1.

DIR or Direct were the line inputs. Least coloration.
Mix was the stereo buss and it had some more.
P71 and P81 were the microphone inputs.
Group were the sub mix busses if I recall and they had the most transformers and the most coloration.

NAVY2 just gives users a bunch more samplings of those ins and outs.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielaudio View Post
SAME! I bought Navy2 some days ago and it's spiking to 100% every X seconds. From 40% to 100% every 5 seconds or so, causing clicks and freezing the system. I still have to create a ticket. Did they solve your case?

I have a computer with an Intel 9900k and 64Gb DDR4 Ram so...the computer is not the issue.
No, not fixed. Giancarlo said there were not enough support tickets submitted about the problem for them to care about it. So, not important enough for them to fix it. That is how they operate.

I have a feeling that there are many more people that have issues, but do not have the time to go through the trouble of submitting tickets and dealing with the way they handle support. I don't have time for it actually, but I did in the case. It still does not work for me...will I submit more tickets in the future? Probably not if it's just a waste of my time.

Last edited by Chris A.; 4 weeks ago at 09:55 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No, not fixed. Giancarlo said there were not enough support tickets submitted about the problem for them to care about it. So, not important enough for them to fix it. That is how they operate.

I have a feeling that there are many more people that have issues, but do not have the time to go through the trouble of submitting tickets and dealing with the way they handle support. I don't have time for it actually, but I did in the case. It still does not work for me...will I submit more tickets in the future? Probably not if it's just a waste of my time.
This CPU spikes behaviuor is not new to me. It is like this for years. Sometimes (in differrent pluigibs) it is worse sometimes better. I think it is complex problem in framework or it would be rather fixed aleeady.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

I was doing checks and it's the same issue: the EQ version, not the strip one.

As customers we should have some kind of response or solution at some point.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
48 kHz will be available soon
Any more word on this?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
This CPU spikes behaviuor is not new to me. It is like this for years. Sometimes (in differrent pluigibs) it is worse sometimes better. I think it is complex problem in framework or it would be rather fixed aleeady.
That's a huge issue then. You shouldn't sell plugins that can't be used!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’d like to be able to demo with the 48khz packs before the intro if possible.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
I’d like to be able to demo with the 48khz packs before the intro if possible.
That's not how it works.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
That's not how it works.
Yeah, unfortunately. I also thought 48 khz would be available before the intro price is over but now the early bird price is gone and I'm kicking myself for not buying Navy2. I'm new to AA so this will be a lesson. Still ... ugh.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I understand that, But I own just about every AA plugin and this one didn’t sound quite right as is... even for $40

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
That's not how it works.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I understand that, But I own just about every AA plugin and this one didn’t sound quite right as is... even for $40
At 48 kHz? Or 44.1/96 as well?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
[...] and this one didn’t sound quite right as is... [...]
I posted this a few weeks back:

Problem might have to do with sample rate conversion of the plugin.

Hope it helps.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc23 View Post
I posted this a few weeks back:

Problem might have to do with sample rate conversion of the plugin.

Hope it helps.
It should be fixed in latest updates
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
It should be fixed in latest updates
Hello Zap, does this mean that the eq-issues while working in 48 K are solved now or have been updated? Thanks, Geret
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Hello Zap, does this mean that the eq-issues while working in 48 K are solved now or have been updated? Thanks, Geret
Hi

I think they're solved because of the update hehe

As far as I recall, the last update included the 48 and 88 packs, so that should take care of the problems.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc23 View Post
Hi

I think they're solved because of the update hehe

As far as I recall, the last update included the 48 and 88 packs, so that should take care of the problems.
Thanks for the info. Didn't notice the update. So many people were asking for it that I thought there would be a notifier... Update there or something. :-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The discount is over!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
The discount is over!

And ... that ends 7 weeks + with discount.

Not bad, not bad

Last edited by Gemylon; 3 weeks ago at 07:06 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
And ... that ends 7 weeks + with discount.

Not bad, not bad

Black Friday is two months away for those that missed out.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
EQ B Echo Bug?

Someone at facebook group commented about possible echo bug with eq b and group preamps. I made an example with EQ B turned on and afterwards 30 db of limiting to make it really clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s0tie430g...O2rbrVnVa?dl=0

Is that the so called "echo bug"?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Lately betatesters are paying attention to it: if there is some trouble generally they report it.
If you find a combination which is causing issues (echo, interpolation, damaged sampled) just raise a ticket. A note: they need to replicate it, so they need a screenshot of the exact settings
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Lately betatesters are paying attention to it: if there is some trouble generally they report it.
If you find a combination which is causing issues (echo, interpolation, damaged sampled) just raise a ticket. A note: they need to replicate it, so they need a screenshot of the exact settings
That guy who found out about this also found various issues with the new Sand as well. Seems that the only way is a ticket.

I raised a ticket. It is not hard to reproduce - you just have to engage all eq bands and add limited with heavy reduction to make it perfectly obvious.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sand was checked multiple times, but it is ok, a ticket is the way to go. Obviously if you limit it extremely you could raise the noise to a level where you get artefacts.
On the real gear in the same conditions you would get incredible amounts of noise. If the product is not suitable for you just ask for a refund. Normally they limit noise to very low amounts when all bands are engaged, keep in mind products are sample based
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search