The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia announces availability of MODO DRUM
Old 26th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
According to Pro Tools Expert "It’s also worth noting that the earliest mac machines with AVX started around 2011" from https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...ording-studios

If buying something right at the edge of this timeline I'd suggest asking the seller to check (they also provide command line functions to check in that article).
Yeah... looking into all that.

The part I'm less sure about is whether I'd be forced to render drums in isolation on newer machine, then import into older Mac that can handle the rest of the session...

... or some version of either just using the newer machine (basically mac or pc slave machine) to run this plug only WITHIN Logic session on older mac

... or running concurrent and synched mac sessions and running audio output from MODO drum machine into main (older machine).

Since this is the only plug I've seen that has such cpu requirements, I'd imagine I'm not the first person to be trying to find such a workaround, and some of the old MINIs are dirt cheap if it is possible so...

Anyone managing to do something like that to be able to use this with older machine?
Old 20th January 2020
Lives for gear

Again, much more snares and kicks are needed, layering possibilities, proper midi mapping and sample import.
Also where are them brushes?

Also, who provided them midi patterns? There are much too limited in choice. One needs reggae, rock, shuffle, etc etc so much more styles with each a intro fill, a main riff etc to get into the feel of the needed drum tones while editing. And some more editing tools and sample or tone snippets to layer and shape each drum element.

I also find myself too much swithing tabs for drum editing (go to customize to SELECT a drum element than in edit drum element to EDIT.... when you don't like the sound you always have to go back, select another and go AGAIN back in the Edit screen.....) Why no Select a drum element (sound selection) and edit it in one screen?

I like its sound though its far too limited in its current form (version 1).
I hope for a better provided product cos its a great concept.

And do provide a demo for people, just with one or two basic kits at least.

But a big thumbs up for IKMM being so bold to make this happen!!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

VST3 version doesn't send audio to sends from the mixer in Modo Drums in Ableton Live 10. proberbly Ableton 10s fault as VST3 might still not be reliable yet tested the VST2 version of Modo Drums and that works.

Sounds great for my type of music and I can get the sound dry and just use Sunset Studio Reverb, sounds a lot cleaner than the alternatives. Ability to disable some drums to save CPU would be good sometimes I like a synth Kick instead.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search