The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Newfangled Audio/Eventide Saturator
Old 25th August 2019
Gear Addict

Actually, this is a good moment to plug updating for anyone who hasn't (and might be reading this thread). I've been releasing small updates pretty consistently. You can get them at newfangledaudio.com/downloads. Also, anything after version 1.5 includes a yellow "UPDATE" button in the preset bar that shows up when there's a new update available (and your machine is connected to the internet). If that thing lights up click on it to go to the downloads page and get the new version.

Dan
Old 25th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
There have been some updates that include optimization along the way. I'm not sure which version you had previously installed, so it's hard to say if this code will run faster than what you had. It's certainly possible.
Yes, I suppose I haven't been regular with the upgrade. I believe last major one was 1.5.0 and that one was on my machine. Regarding optimization I am not an expert but from the feel o it and smoothness, CPU thirst and other minor details you obviously have gone places! Thank you for that!

Best regards,

Krešo
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Nut
Awesome, simple to use clipper that will def be my new go-to. I needed something to clip kicks/snares and bump rough mixes up a couple dB just to compete on BeatStars without getting too involved. To my ears it’s pleasant, pretty transparent...and also light on the CPU.

I own several different clippers which don’t really do it for me sound-wise....but this one I can honestly say after adding it I don’t immediately feel like taking it off right away...bonus: simplest GUI and no endless scientific parameters. Thanks!

Will try limiter next.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianjackson View Post
Awesome, simple to use clipper that will def be my new go-to. I needed something to clip kicks/snares and bump rough mixes up a couple dB just to compete on BeatStars without getting too involved. To my ears it’s pleasant, pretty transparent...and also light on the CPU.

I own several different clippers which don’t really do it for me sound-wise....but this one I can honestly say after adding it I don’t immediately feel like taking it off right away...bonus: simplest GUI and no endless scientific parameters. Thanks!

Will try limiter next.

P.S. Your soundcloud link in your sig is broken.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search