The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Newfangled Audio/Eventide Saturator
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Guru

Trying it , it's indeed great , still i prefer the Ik clipper but it's like 5 times the cpu hit !!! the other goodie is the saturation ....
Really a great plugin , the clipping side is more versatyle than the alpha (soft to hard in bewteen is brilliant) , gonna insverstigate the drive section ...witch will be the deciding factor , i'm really trying to limit and even minimise redundancy and new plugin purchase !! (said the guy downloading izotope production suite demo as he types this bs ...lol)
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Addict

I believe the Drive is just a gain parameter to push signal into the clipping static threshold, then Shape is what set the color type.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
I believe the Drive is just a gain parameter to push signal into the clipping static threshold, then Shape is what set the color type.
Nah, Drive and Shape both change the Shape of the curve. Input Level is a static gain, so you can trade off Input Level and Drive (and Shape) for different distortion sounds.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
Nah, Drive and Shape both change the Shape of the curve. Input Level is a static gain, so you can trade off Input Level and Drive (and Shape) for different distortion sounds.
Thanks for clearing this out.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
The ability to bypass each side is welcome simple but to many times missed in some plugin , also i m surprised by the auto setting that actually works lol !!

Just discovered the gui theme also , this add to the fun !!
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Nut

Tried the demo over the last few days and in some cases it can really added some welly...but in a good way and its very easy to go OTT..
But do love how it eeks out a few extra DB and can really make tracks sub groups and busses pop.. Similar to Innflator in a lot of ways..

Handle with care..

Steal at the price and a confirmed purchase. Thanks Dan and all the team there
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
The soft clipping in the Alpha is absolutely great...
Are you referring to the Elysia Alpha compressor from Plugin Alliance?
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
Are you referring to the Elysia Alpha compressor from Plugin Alliance?
I sure do
Old 9th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
still i prefer the Ik clipper but it's like 5 times the cpu hit !!!
Are you referring to the old TRacks clipper?
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
Are you referring to the old TRacks clipper?
Well giving that the new one seems based on the old one maybe with oversampling or some ...kinda yes to your question ...that said i tried only the new one ...
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

What's the dead line to grab this puppy for 29 bucks..?
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
What's the dead line to grab this puppy for 29 bucks..?
I think it's supposed to be Monday, but we might leave the door open a bit longer.
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Got it the other day and very nice indeed. Makes me interested in testing out the Elevate Bundle with a view to purchasing. Question though if anyone has experience of the same and can answer, can you use the Elevate bundle as separate plugins as well? Or would you have to purchase Punctuate et al separately?
Old 11th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Got it the other day and very nice indeed. Makes me interested in testing out the Elevate Bundle with a view to purchasing. Question though if anyone has experience of the same and can answer, can you use the Elevate bundle as separate plugins as well? Or would you have to purchase Punctuate et al separately?
You get each plug individually
Old 11th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Yeah, Elevate Bundle contains 4 plugins. Elevate (the limiter), EQuivocate (the EQ), Punctuate (the transient designer), and Saturate (well, you know)
Old 11th August 2019
Lives for gear

The new Saturate is pretty good. I compared to other clippers I found and it beats them clearly in clarity, unless one's after a "mushy lo-fi sound".

Does something interesting in low-end and low-mid. Seems to tighten bass without destroying it. Tames and "adds bounciness" to upper mids. Rounds highs.

Good for a plug-in, but doesn't sound as nice as my Looptrotter Sa2Rate. Saturate sounds "plastic" compared to it.

Could work well if one put some sort of exciter after it to add some "movement".

The Newfangled stuff is fantastic though. I find that they're much more refined than these types of plug-ins in general. They do "more than mere EQ" and the "more" can also work musically, rather than "just add more stuff".
Old 11th August 2019
Gear Addict

just bought this one. Nice alternative to Standart Clip.
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you have Elevate Bundle you already have Saturate.
Hi,

I'm registered user and owner of the Elevate. I think it's really something else. From the get go. But I wanted to ask something else completely. I know it's a part of full Elevate. And Elevate is pretty CPU thirsty beast. Is it an option available for us registered users to own this as standalnoe plugin as well having it side by side with full Elevate Bundle? To load it in when needed but not having to load entire Elevate?

Thank you!

Best,

Krešo
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Hi,

I'm registered user and owner of the Elevate. I think it's really something else. From the get go. But I wanted to ask something else completely. I know it's a part of full Elevate. And Elevate is pretty CPU thirsty beast. Is it an option available for us registered users to own this as standalnoe plugin as well having it side by side with full Elevate Bundle? To load it in when needed but not having to load entire Elevate?

Thank you!

Best,

Krešo

Yeah, man, just grab the latest Elevate Installer. It'll install all 4 plugins. https://www.newfangledaudio.com/downloads
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, man, just grab the latest Elevate Installer. It'll install all 4 plugins. https://www.newfangledaudio.com/downloads
Thank you Dan!

Best,

Krešo
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Can we pretty please get oversampling for this and even in Elevate?
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
I've spent some time prototyping this in Saturate. If I do it I want to make sure it will be a tangible improvement rather a silly spec arms race.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
Are you hearing anything that leads you to believe it needs it?

Quote:
I've spent some time prototyping this in Saturate. If I do it I want to make sure it will be a tangible improvement rather a silly spec arms race.
I think a lot of people are hung up on it as a concept more than a sound. I'm not hearing anything pointing to the need for O/S. I know sometimes it can make things worse. If you do add O/S can it be switchable so we have the original versions as a default?
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Are you hearing anything that leads you to believe it needs it?

I think a lot of people are hung up on it as a concept more than a sound. I'm not hearing anything pointing to the need for O/S. I know sometimes it can make things worse. If you do add O/S can it be switchable so we have the original versions as a default?
Yes, if I add it it will be switchable. I should add that Elevate really doesn't need it. The Spectral Clipper section of Elevate really only works on the transients, which are short and usually noisy. Aliasing isn't really a useful concept for short noisy sounds.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes, if I add it it will be switchable. I should add that Elevate really doesn't need it. The Spectral Clipper section of Elevate really only works on the transients, which are short and usually noisy. Aliasing isn't really a useful concept for short noisy sounds.
Fantastic. I don't see (or hear) a need for it. I just grabbed the bundle after getting Saturate the other day and am floored. Saturate is my new favourite plugin and Elevate is the limiter I've always wanted.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Fantastic. I don't see (or hear) a need for it. I just grabbed the bundle after getting Saturate the other day and am floored. Saturate is my new favourite plugin and Elevate is the limiter I've always wanted.
It took me awhile to learn, but Elevate is the only limiter I’ve used where I can really open up the sound and retain depth and dimensionality.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
It took me awhile to learn, but Elevate is the only limiter I’ve used where I can really open up the sound and retain depth and dimensionality.
I was working with it a few hours last night and noticed the same. It never SOUNDS like it’s limiting.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I was working with it a few hours last night and noticed the same. It never SOUNDS like it’s limiting.
Thank you guys, that's really the best compliment a guy can get.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
What would you say are the key points in learning Elevate that helped you "retain depth and dimensionality"?
Old 20th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you guys, that's really the best compliment a guy can get.
Hey Dan,

oh well, as many already said before me, what's there nicer than all those zeroes and ones that can be said to dev? And coincidently a guy?! Hahahaha... ;-)

No really, praises are here to stay! Complete Elevate Bundle (I really have it full and use it full) has been (and is!) a great tool from the day one. And over the course of time you've been just checking in all the time with improvemnts and details around it! Great tool. I love it! People love it. Support (my honest opinion) is great and it's even better when you know you can ask here (or thru official channel, of course) and get your answer. No matter what!

Annyway, thank you for novelties. I haven't (still) catch the time to download latest installation version which I am so going to do as soon as I get to the studio. My question the other day was while in transit but other things got in front of everything. Hopefully all will go smooth and without any issue.

I am surely testing it later this evening and installing the latest. Can you tell me does this latest installer installs 4 separate tools instead of Elevate Bundle tool which had it combined within one tool. In one GUI, in one tool?

Thank you!

Krešo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search