The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.10 Featuring the 175B & 176 Tube Compressors
Old 6th August 2019
Manufacturer

Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.10 Featuring the 175B & 176 Tube Compressors

UAD | UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection

UAD | UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection[/quote]

New UAD-2 Plug-Ins from Universal Audio

UA 175B and 176 Tube Compressor Collection

New Apollo Features

Channel DSP Pairing for bigger plug-in chains on Console inputs
+12dB fader gain for extending mixing range on Console inputs

Last edited by Universal Audio; 6th August 2019 at 07:11 PM..
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac
Pass. I may have purchased 2 UA plugins in the last 4 years.
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Head

I think we've reached a point where companies are running out of things to emulate. I guess they're going to have to start getting more innovative and create things that haven't been done before, including small model variations.
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

I knew it. Now to decide if it's worth checking that instance chart...
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Two of the most highly requested devices. Now we just need a STA Level.
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
I knew it. Now to decide if it's worth checking that instance chart...
22.2% and 34.3% for mono and stereo respectively.

For comparison, the 610-A preamp is 23% and 44.8%. CL 1B MKII is 28.2% and 46.3%

I never jumped on the UAD. I’m hoping somebody will compare these new plugs to some of the fantastic new native compressors coming from small developers, namely the AR-1 from Kush.
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio View Post
This is particularly good news for me. Thanks.
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
22.2% and 34.3% for mono and stereo respectively.
I'd seen it it was kind of a joke. The price scared me a tad more than the instance chart, but i'll have to have this one, someday.
Old 6th August 2019
Manufacturer

Check your UA acct for a $50 coupon.
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

If folks are interested, as far as I can work out, these are the additional mics now also included in the basic Sphere set:

Soyuz SU-017
Neumann CMV-563
Sennheiser MKH-416
AKG D-12 (2 versions - A/E)
Sennheiser MD-409 (2 versions)
Sennheiser MD-421 (3 versions)
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
New Apollo Features

+12dB fader gain for extending mixing range on Console inputs
Is there a link for more info on these updates? Does that mean you can double up channels on your console now for 2x the DSP per chan?

Nice release! Can't wait to try out these comps

**In before the usual onslaught of non UAD users moaning about business model/DSP
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

I like this release. No one could do the 175B and 176 better than UAD.

Do I need this? Is this better than others insanely good compressors released these past months? Probably not, but I'll check it out for sure.
Old 6th August 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
Is there a link for more info on these updates? Does that mean you can double up channels on your console now for 2x the DSP per chan?

Nice release! Can't wait to try out these comps

**In before the usual onslaught of non UAD users moaning about business model/DSP
Correct. You can now use up to 2 chips per input and the DSP can be shared "smartly".

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030068452
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Correct. You can now use up to 2 chips per input and the DSP can be shared "smartly".

That's an awesome update! And kudos to paying attention to whats discussed in some of the diff forums and moving on it, this should make a lot of people quite pleased!
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I’m hoping somebody will compare these new plugs to some of the fantastic new native compressors coming from small developers, namely the AR-1 from Kush.
me, too!
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Argh! I’ve been waiting for this baby
Old 6th August 2019
Quote:

That is HUGE news!
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Been waiting for someone to do the UA 175B and who could be better then UAD.

Now I dont have to deal with finding 6 tubes per channel and warming them up for an hour before a session.

A lesser known classic but a true classic none the less.

Great news!
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Head

Can't wait to hear these babies. Also curious about how they stack up to comps like Kush's AR-1.
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

I have been waiting for these to be issued for a very long time, and my initial tests are extremely positive. In fact I think the plugins maybe more accurate and useful than most of the original hardware units out there since they can be hard to adjust and component aging in my experience has a negative effect on the sound and performance
Old 6th August 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrplace View Post
I have been waiting for these to be issued for a very long time, and my initial tests are extremely positive. In fact I think the plugins maybe more accurate and useful than most of the original hardware units out there since they can be hard to adjust and component aging in my experience has a negative effect on the sound and performance
I've been waiting to hear from you on this Mark!

Glad it's going well so far!
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

I'm sure this is a great release but ......still waiting for someone (please) to release an R124 emulation. The 124 is not for everyone or every application - but it is certainly unique. When Abbey Road ceased supporting their version I lost a favorite.

UAD ??....if anyone could do it, it would be you guys!

Cdlt
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Maniac

I'll pass on this one. I'm sure they sound nice, but so does all my other compressor plugins.

Big thanks for finally giving the Apollo Console some love however! Finally I don't need to use the AUX hack for complex guitar chains. Now if you could only find a way to use the Satellite DSP in Console as well (in AUXes for example) I would be in heaven.
Old 6th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgueil View Post
I'm sure this is a great release but ......still waiting for someone (please) to release an R124 emulation. The 124 is not for everyone or every application - but it is certainly unique. When Abbey Road ceased supporting their version I lost a favorite.

Cdlt
I would love to see this too! However, I think Abbey Road and Waves have got a little partnership going with the emulations. It sucks because I feel UAD could do an incredible job!

Also, I love the new channel DSP sharing feature! Gonna come in handy when I’m on the road and have to hit the studio with my MacBook Pro and Apollo Twin MKII
Old 6th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgueil View Post

Cdlt
fyi the cream bundle from acustica is rather nice...
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

I never jumped on the UAD. I’m hoping somebody will compare these new plugs to some of the fantastic new native compressors coming from small developers, namely the AR-1 from Kush.
I love Kush stuff a lot, but the AR-1 compressor is a completely different type of compressor both in emulation and sound. They shouldn't sound very much alike at all.
Old 7th August 2019
Gear Addict

Grabbed it for $124 with all my discounts...excited to run them through the paces. I print to “tape” without the plugins, but it really helps and is fun to track while monitoring through them. I’ll save the channel settings to tweak later correctly.

Love UA for this option and experience!
Old 7th August 2019
Here for the gear
Great!

The 175B is just incredible on vocals. Sounds... incredibly authentic
Old 7th August 2019
Manufacturer

Nice!!

Both are REALLY great. The 175B is dirtier and darker in a beautiful way, whereas the 176 is super hifi and adds sheen.

A few other tidbits, the 175 is fixed at a 12:1 ratio with a moderately hard knee.

The 176 has 4 ratios, from 2:1 to 12:1, with the knee getting harder as you go up.
Old 7th August 2019
Here for the gear

I love that I can track with this
I’m almost finished paying off my
X8p & X16
You keep on doing it UA
Good Sonic Times To Live In
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search