The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Aberrant DSP "SketchCassette"
Old 6th January 2020
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belka View Post
"... Bitwig is the BEST DAW IN THE WORLD FOR F*** SAKE..."

Rubbish, Logic comes with over 30 bongo sounds, right out of the box you can get bongoing.
Old 7th January 2020
Gear Head

So i tried the Preset way, i still have the feeling every Knob needs to be touched a bit, e.g. when you save the Preset for a specific Track, then save the project, close everything and open it again and you load the preset its still bugged because none of the knobs was touched, the preset fits the position of the actual position.
You need to load a preset that dials everything to the left and maybe everything in the mid and then you can load your Preset.
I saved 2 presets so every knob gets moved ... its still faster than open every instance and touch every knob.
Old 7th January 2020
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
You need to load a preset that dials everything to the left and maybe everything in the mid and then you can load your Preset.
I saved 2 presets so every knob gets moved ... its still faster than open every instance and touch every knob.

Damn ! Hassleworld™ Hope they sort this out.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Does the 1.1. update fix these problems?
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuz2019 View Post
Ive not heard of an update. I'll see if I can download from the site to check.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Addict

1.1 Doesn't fix the problem. Not in Maschine.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Thanks for testing. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, so unfortunately I can't test the update in Maschine. I can test it in Sound Forge Audio Studio 13 and Cubase 5 though, but that will be half a day later.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Head

What update? In my Account under Downloads? Cant see a Version Number?
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Head

What update? In my Account under Downloads? Cant see a Version Number?
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Maniac

This is mentioned in the e-mail from Aberrant:

Quote:
To access the update, simply login to your Aberrant account on our site, go to My Account > Downloads, redownload the plugin for your desired OS, and reinstall it.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Just did some saving presets and loading those again in Sound Forge 13 (trial version on Windows 10 laptop, not my music PC). All knobs seem to return in the right position except for the Hiss knob.
Old 9th January 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
So i tried the Preset way, i still have the feeling every Knob needs to be touched a bit, e.g. when you save the Preset for a specific Track, then save the project, close everything and open it again and you load the preset its still bugged because none of the knobs was touched, the preset fits the position of the actual position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0ec6b8e View Post
Damn ! Hassleworld™ Hope they sort this out.

Quote:
Hey everyone! These DAW specific problems are unfortunately not addressed in the 1.1 update, as they are caused by problems in the now unsupported framework SketchCassette was built upon. We are however in the process of moving SketchCassette to a new framework which should resolve these problems. This will take a while but rest assured it will happen and the new version will be made available as a free update to all owners of SC. Thanks for your support and patience
Old 9th January 2020
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberrantdsp View Post
We are however in the process of moving SketchCassette to a new framework which should resolve these problems . . . .
Sounds good ! Any chance we could get a mix knob while you are fiddling under the hood ?
Old 9th January 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
Sounds good ! Any chance we could get a mix knob while you are fiddling under the hood ?
Yes indeed! The first version on the new framework will be the first feature update and will include a mix knob, some more controls for the NR Comp, more Tape Type profiles with some changes to the Age modeling, and some behind-the-scenes tweaks to the Saturation (though if the Saturation changes very much we'll be sure to keep the old version in as an option).
Old 9th January 2020
Deleted 0ec6b8e
Quote:
Yes indeed! The first version on the new framework will be the first feature update and will include a mix knob, some more controls for the NR Comp, more Tape Type profiles with some changes to the Age modeling, and some behind-the-scenes tweaks to the Saturation (though if the Saturation changes very much we'll be sure to keep the old version in as an option).
Excellent !!
Old 9th January 2020
Quote:
Hey everyone! These DAW specific problems are unfortunately not addressed in the 1.1 update, as they are caused by problems in the now unsupported framework SketchCassette was built upon. We are however in the process of moving SketchCassette to a new framework which should resolve these problems. This will take a while but rest assured it will happen and the new version will be made available as a free update to all owners of SC. Thanks for your support and patience
Just out of curiosity, I assume you are switching to JUCE? What framework are switching from?
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Sweet!

I can't keep my grubby fingers off it this. It's finding it's way into processing chains it has no business being a part of!
Old 31st May 2020
Gear Nut

I changed the extension to dll and the plugin works perfectly but does not recall settings. Anyone got a workaround?

When using it as a vst3 in ableton, it switches off the noise every time there is no input which is just really unwanted, especially when used on a buss. Any moment of silence in the track goes to true silence which I don't want to happen.

Could this be updated so that the hiss just plays regardless of input source?

I held out getting this and am really glad to have got it, it's a really well done plugin, fun to use and sounds great.

Look forward to the update mentioned above and thanks for the very reasonable pricing!
Old 31st May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by range View Post
I changed the extension to dll and the plugin works perfectly but does not recall settings. Anyone got a workaround?
Thanks! Didn't know you could do this. Now I can use it in Maschine.

Indeed it doesn't recall the settings, but perhaps we could use automation at the start of the song to set the parameters to the correct settings?
Old 31st May 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks! Didn't know you could do this. Now I can use it in Maschine.

Indeed it doesn't recall the settings, but perhaps we could use automation at the start of the song to set the parameters to the correct settings?
That sounds long winded to me but fair enough if it works for you!

No vst3 seems to work for me without issue, all the GUIs look messed up. I think it's pretty whack on steinbergs part to stop new developers making vst2, they just work for me.

@ aberrantdsp so many other plugins have hiss that just outputs without any input, would it be any different to update this plugin so that happened... is that possible?
Old 31st May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by range View Post

@ aberrantdsp so many other plugins have hiss that just outputs without any input, would it be any different to update this plugin so that happened... is that possible?
That is currently how SketchCassette works in many DAWs. This issue is unfortunately dependent on how a given DAW handles specific plugin formats. You might find for example that this happens with the VST3 version of the plugin because of the fact that some DAWs (like Ableton) dynamically enable and disable VST3 plugins depending on whether or not they have input. This is something we have no control over, and as far as I know can only be fixed by the manufacturer of said DAW making this plugin enabling/disabling an optional feature. It's also something that as far as I know isn't done with VST/VST2 plugins, so that might be why constant hiss from plugins has been possible in your DAW.

That being said I will be sure to investigate this issue as best I can before our next big update, I unfortunately just can't make any promises because a fix might not be possible.
Old 31st May 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
That is currently how SketchCassette works in many DAWs. This issue is unfortunately dependent on how a given DAW handles specific plugin formats. You might find for example that this happens with the VST3 version of the plugin because of the fact that some DAWs (like Ableton) dynamically enable and disable VST3 plugins depending on whether or not they have input. This is something we have no control over, and as far as I know can only be fixed by the manufacturer of said DAW making this plugin enabling/disabling an optional feature. It's also something that as far as I know isn't done with VST/VST2 plugins, so that might be why constant hiss from plugins has been possible in your DAW.

That being said I will be sure to investigate this issue as best I can before our next big update, I unfortunately just can't make any promises because a fix might not be possible.
That is all understandable and thanks for getting back. Hopefully there is some way to make it output hiss in vst3 constantly...

I guess for now I will just leave it off and use my own samples or recorded noise for underlayers, then just use this for layering with samples in a gated fashion. Do hope this is possible with the update!
Old 31st May 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks for the support! I'm digging into this more now and, while again I can't guarantee anything, I might be able to have SketchCassette report an infinite tail time to the DAW to prevent it being disabled. I'll play around with that while we're putting together the update and see if that works.
📝 Reply