All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Plugin Alliance goes Subscription
Old 15th July 2019
News Desk Editor

Plugin Alliance goes Subscription-unnamed-1-.png

Plugin Alliance goes Subscription-unnamed-2-.png

Los Angeles, CA, July 15 2019 – Plugin Alliance is proud to announce the availability of the new MEGA Bundle Subscription Services. The MEGA Bundle is the new gold standard for subscription based plugin-bundles, offering an impressive collection of 100+ plugins from 28 Alliance brands including SSL, Ampeg, Brainworx, Focusrite and many more. Please see logo cloud below for more info.

From Q4 on, the MEGA Bundle will be available for $24.99 per month.

But as of today prepaid annual plans (1 Year Auto-Renewal) are being offered for $249.99 per year, which is a 17% saving over the month-to-month price.

($24.99 x 12 = $299.88 per year // Prepaid Annual plan = $249.99 per year)

The MEGA Bundle contains an ever-growing collection, starting today with 100+ state-of- the-art plugins:
  • Best-in-class TMT console-emulations from SSL, Focusrite and more
  • Brainworx M/S Mastering tools
  • Several Virtual Instruments from DS Audio, Brainworx and more
  • 3D mixing from DearVR / Sennheiser
  • Innovative modular FX from Unfiltered Audio
  • Dozens of branded and officially endorsed analog-modeled units
  • o Guitar Amps (ENGL, DIEZEL, Chandler…)
  • o Bass Amps (Ampeg…)
  • o EQs (Mäag, SPL, Millennia, Dangerous Music…)
  • o Compressors (Shadow Hills, Purple Audio, Vertigo, ACME, elysia…)
  • o Effects (ADA, Noveltech...)

All these plugins are being offered in multi-platform versions, working on Mac and PC (VST 2/3, AAX and AU). 70+ of our plugins even work on professional AAX DSP systems. Plugin Alliance offers a simple and unified, dongle-free activation scheme, so one activation will give users access to ALL of the tools at once, and every license for the bundle is good to activate up to 3 machines!

A convenient and professional installation manager sums up the system, allowing users to download and install any and all plugins in one go. For specific formats only, or for all formats at the same time.

All these plugins are being offered in multi-platform versions, working on Mac and PC (VST 2/3, AAX and AU). 70+ of our plugins even work on professional AAX DSP systems. Plugin Alliance offers a simple and unified, dongle-free activation scheme, so one activation will give users access to ALL of the tools at once, and every license for the bundle is good to activate up to 3 machines!

A convenient and professional installation manager sums up the system, allowing users to download and install any and all plugins in one go. For specific formats only, or for all formats at the same time.

“Today is a very special day for Plugin Alliance, all of our brand-partners and most importantly, for all of the existing and new members of our ever-growing PA family!” says Dirk Ulrich, founder and CEO of Plugin Alliance. “Our partner brands have been developing and releasing dozens of award-winning plugins over the last 12+ years. It makes me happy and proud to finally be able to offer ALL of our best plugins to a much bigger audience than ever, via a very affordable subscription plan. Plugin Alliance is already hosting close to half a Million user accounts and literally Millions of plugin licenses, and we can’t wait to see and hear what an even bigger community of audio creators will be able to achieve for their art, whether it’s commercial 3D & Surround audio studios, Grammy-winning music producers, or ambitious musicians, DJs and bedroom producers around the globe.”

“This is incredible!“ says producer, engineer & mixer Romesh Dodangoda (Bring Me The Horizon, Motorhead, Funeral For A Friend etc.). “This is not just a whole studio in the box... this bundle actually gives you access to many different studio consoles and instruments, plus all the outboard gear and amps you need. So many of these plugins are a huge part of my tracking and mixing sessions!”

Plugin Alliance will be hosting MEGA Bundle launch events in LA and other cities very soon, please stay tuned!

For more information: www.plugin-alliance.com
Attached Thumbnails
Plugin Alliance goes Subscription-unnamed-1-.png   Plugin Alliance goes Subscription-unnamed-2-.png  
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Plugin Alliance: Yearly Subscriptions

Plugin Alliance - Your Personal Intro Offer
100+ Plugins / 25+ Top Brands / 1 MEGA Subscription
Save XYZ% (varies) every year - For as long as you stay subscribed!

Not for me... I’d like to own my plug-ins
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Confirmed Upcoming PA Releases

A/DA STD-1 Tap Delay (End of July)
A/DA Flanger (Late August)
Ampeg B-15 (August 5)
Ampeg SVT-3Pro (August 5)
Ampeg SVT-VR (August 5)
Diezel Herbert (Mid August)
Lindell Vintage Neve TMT Console (September)
Unfiltered Audio LION Synthesizer (August)
...and many more already confirmed for Q4 2019 and Q1 2020
Please stay tuned!
Old 15th July 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks for the info - highly anticipated announcement and let the arguments here ensue

As a UAD user I know there'll be a riot in the forums there exclusivity just got less exclusive. Hopefully it forces UAD to price accordingly as PA will in most cases (bar a few, apparently) be the cheaper route to acquiring these toys
Old 15th July 2019
As a UAD user, I'd like to see some new (timed) exclusives from BX... I really like the A/DA Flanger.

Old 15th July 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane View Post
Thanks for the info - highly anticipated announcement and let the arguments here ensue

As a UAD user I know there'll be a riot in the forums there exclusivity just got less exclusive. Hopefully it forces UAD to price accordingly as PA will in most cases (bar a few, apparently) be the cheaper route to acquiring these toys
I bought a UAD setup last year just to use the BX Ampeg plugins, seems a bit overkill now lol!
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Head
People who had the Pick Pack got a better deal as they now OWN the plugins. I’ve tried a few subscriptions like Slate, East West, Kush etc but it makes sense to actually eventually owning the plugins after X number of years.This deal does not give you that. I prefer the Splice model although they haven’t got the top notch plugins; you however pay to own stuff.

People who love the sub model will however love this deal. I think I already own some cool PA plugins so this deal is not for me. One could I suppose pay the $249 and then binge mix for a year and see where that takes them? Or eat as much as you can for $24 monthly ......
Old 15th July 2019
Here for the gear

Why not rent to own? I hate subscription base
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Head

I totally understand that these subscriptions are perfect for some people (and in some ways they're amazing deals), but with no rent-to-own option I don't think I can justify it for myself. I've really liked a few of their new releases and I'm sure there will be more to come, but I really prefer to own my plugins.

edit: Just got the email with the individual prices for the new releases. Guess they're really determined to get everyone onto the subscription model...
Old 15th July 2019
So this is the first real contender to the slate deal.
It's 10$ more and a few more plugins I guess.

But it seems like there is no reverb in this bundle. And alot of guitar and bass emulations.
The slate one seems to have a bit more variety. But I know that many of the pa plugins is amazing.
Right now slate is a bit ahead for me. With the thu rig player and the reverb plug-in it's hard to switch right now.
I Haven't heard the latest guitar emulations from pa but the rockrack didn't sound that amazing a few years back.
But I heard good things about the new ones.
What's the real reason to go with this one for you guys who are thinking of subscribe to this bundle? What is PA's usp if you compare to slate digital
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Nut
Thumbs down

I hate it so much

I have to say good b(u)y. I will delete my account as soon as possible
Thank you Dirk ...
...let the customer decide
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Do the rent to own

Do the rent to own

Everyone hates companies that do subscription instead of rent to own
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabo View Post
I hate it so much

Thank you Dirk ...
Why would you delete your account? Just don't go with the subscription option and keep buying the plugins as you always have. I'm not remotely interested in the subscription model, but I'm not going to turn my back on the company over it.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Again pointless rant and whining from some people. We can still buy plugins if we want and I suspect we will still se 29USD deals, so why worry. If you don't like subscription, then don't do it. I have all the plugins I need, so I don't care about these last 5 releases apart from DSM update. I will buy that with a monthly voucher and everything is nice and shiny
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabo View Post
I hate it so much

Thank you Dirk ...
Cut out this kind behaviour. There is a new option to rent plugins and nothing else is much different. If you don't like it buy the plugins as usual. Why so emotional. Delete account....Jesus calm down.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone got an e-mail with special intro offer prices for 'new 6' but missing codes for some of them?

In my e-mail I see only one code for special price but not for other 5 despite the fact there is the same text under each one. Bla bla bla and use copy/paste to get your reduced price.

Hmm, looking forward hearing your situations on this matter. I openedn up the ticket and waiting the answer so I'll see.

Krešo
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Head
My email from PA has reduced prices next to the msrp and there is a Get Offer link for each of the plugins. Purple Audio MC77 is the only one with a code. Hope this helps.

Edit:
New email just received and all plugins now have a code next to them.
Old 15th July 2019
I did not know this company until June 2019 when I was looking for a plugin I saw in an educational video.

I tried a few plugins. I liked them a lot. I was super happy because, in June, they had a “Mega Sale”. I thought it was the best timing ever to find them.

I ended up buying all their plugins. Even on sale, I paid thousands of USD. During June, I had a few questions for their sales department. We talked multiple times. They saw me buying up all their plugins almost one by one.

Today, they announced a new business model, and they offer a “Mega Bundle”. It costs $249.99 a year, at least, in the first letter.

It contains all their plugins. I think it’s similar to Slate Digital’s model.

In June, I paid the annual cost of the Mega Bundle for more than 13 years in advance.

And that calculation is based on the $249.9 annual price.

A few hours later, I received another newsletter that says the annual price of the Mega Bundle is only $179.99 now (and remains forever for those who keep it going).

Even better. It means I paid as much as 18.5 years of Mega Bundle would cost. Although I paid for it in advance, I would have much fewer plugins since the Mega Bundle will include the new plugins. They just released six plugins that would take me another $600 to get.

Between the two newsletters, I opened a support ticket, and I received an answer. I will include it at the end of my post.

In short, they told me “no” for the conversion. But I received another newsletter that was maybe a personal offer. I don’t know. I can only guess.

That would be 149.99 USD per year.

If I take it as a personal offer, about which I am not sure, but let’s be optimistic, it means, I would pay the same amount to this company in 111.7 years as those will pay who have never spent any money on Plugin Alliance until now. From the 112th year, I would save $30.

But right now, I’m just after paying the same as their new bundle would be for 18.5 years, and I already have fewer plugins than the bundle has now.

I think their plugins are decent, and their intentions were good, but they seem not to think about existing customers. How am I supposed to feel about this now?

Support ticket:

Re: Rent vs. own [#56037]

PS Support <Personal name removed>
11:20 AM (38 minutes ago)
to mage

Hi,
There is no conversion of your account.
The subscription is there to sign up or not.
You are still able to purchase single plugins.

Sincerely

<Personal name removed>
Plugin Alliance Support Team

On Mon, 15 Jul at 11:13 AM <me> wrote:
Hello,

Your new bundle is wonderful.

Do you have a solution for those who already own the plugins?

Unless I made a miscalculation, I spent $3,351 on your plugins in June. That would be the rental of the Mega Bundle for 13.4 years paid in advance. On the other hand, I don’t have your new plugins. It would cost me another $600 or more, which is almost another two years for the bundle.

I know it’s not the same since I own these plugins forever. Having them feels better than renting them. But 13.4 years is quite a lot.

What do you think? Is it possible to convert it to a bundle?

Mage
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Head
What do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
I did not know this company until June 2019 when I was looking for a plugin I saw in an educational video.

I tried a few plugins. I liked them a lot. I was super happy because, in June, they had a “Mega Sale”. I thought it was the best timing ever to find them.

I ended up buying all their plugins. Even on sale, I paid thousands of USD. During June, I had a few questions for their sales department. We talked multiple times. They saw me buying up all their plugins almost one by one.

Today, they announced a new business model, and they offer a “Mega Bundle”. It costs $249.99 a year, at least, in the first letter.

It contains all their plugins. I think it’s similar to Slate Digital’s model.

In June, I paid the annual cost of the Mega Bundle for more than 13 years in advance.

And that calculation is based on the $249.9 annual price.

A few hours later, I received another newsletter that says the annual price of the Mega Bundle is only $179.99 now (and remains forever for those who keep it going).

Even better. It means I paid as much as 18.5 years of Mega Bundle would cost. Although I paid for it in advance, I would have much fewer plugins since the Mega Bundle will include the new plugins. They just released six plugins that would take me another $600 to get.

Between the two newsletters, I opened a support ticket, and I received an answer. I will include it at the end of my post.

In short, they told me “no” for the conversion. But I received another newsletter that was maybe a personal offer. I don’t know. I can only guess.

That would be 149.99 USD per year.

If I take it as a personal offer, about which I am not sure, but let’s be optimistic, it means, I would pay the same amount to this company in 111.7 years as those will pay who have never spent any money on Plugin Alliance until now. From the 112th year, I would save $30.

But right now, I’m just after paying the same as their new bundle would be for 18.5 years, and I already have fewer plugins than the bundle has now.

I think their plugins are decent, and their intentions were good, but they seem not to think about existing customers. How am I supposed to feel about this now?

Support ticket:

Re: Rent vs. own [#56037]

PS Support <Personal name removed>
11:20 AM (38 minutes ago)
to mage

Hi,
There is no conversion of your account.
The subscription is there to sign up or not.
You are still able to purchase single plugins.

Sincerely

<Personal name removed>
Plugin Alliance Support Team

On Mon, 15 Jul at 11:13 AM <me> wrote:
Hello,

Your new bundle is wonderful.

Do you have a solution for those who already own the plugins?

Unless I made a miscalculation, I spent $3,351 on your plugins in June. That would be the rental of the Mega Bundle for 13.4 years paid in advance. On the other hand, I don’t have your new plugins. It would cost me another $600 or more, which is almost another two years for the bundle.

I know it’s not the same since I own these plugins forever. Having them feels better than renting them. But 13.4 years is quite a lot.

What do you think? Is it possible to convert it to a bundle?

Mage
You paid for them and now own them. What more do you want? It seems to me you are in a good place and your $3k spent is probably good value for money?
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Nut

They can pick pack, offer subscription, knick knack paddywhack whatever they want to do, as long as they keep offering the cheap deals 3 or 4 times a year, that is how I will acquire the ones I want. Wasn't interested in pick pack, not interested in the subscription.

I will say, though, that these aren't very good "heavy hitter" intro pricing for the new plugins. Was interested in 2 or 3 of them but with those intro prices, will probably just be getting the Ampeg and waiting for Labor Day or Black Friday.
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJay View Post
You paid for them and now own them. What more do you want? It seems to me you are in a good place and your $3k spent is probably good value for money?
What I wanted was to convert it to the Mega bundle.

I understand the negative feelings towards the subscription model instead of the rent to own model. I have the same feelings. It’s an instinct we want to own things.

If I put away the instinct and I try to think, the question is, what are the chances that in twenty years from now, I would want to use the same plugins.

What do I think? It’s near to zero. Even if they would run on a computer you can buy in 2039, let’s say, the company keeps upgrading them (I mean, twenty years of upgrades and platform changes), most likely, there will be new and better plugins.

And if it’s the same company who offers the new and better plugins, you also get them with the subscription.

It’s not that bad.

But I have no choice to go for the Bundle. In other words, I paid much more for much less.

When I say much less, I mean, fewer plugins. Yes, I can write it on the door of my apartment, "Hey! I own the PA plugins. I don’t rent them. They are mine!"
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Again, if you dont plan on using at least 80% of plugins, subscription is not worth it. I hoped for rent to own...but no... :(
Old 15th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
They can pick pack, offer subscription, knick knack paddywhack whatever they want to do, as long as they keep offering the cheap deals 3 or 4 times a year, that is how I will acquire the ones I want. Wasn't interested in pick pack, not interested in the subscription.
The new bundle is so cheap that it’s a better choice to get the new plugins even for someone who has all their current plugins but does not insist on the ownership.

Financially, even for the new plugins, the bundle subscription is better.

And if I would do it, I throw away $3,351.

On the other hand, if I don’t do it, I paid as much as 18.5 years would cost, and I get fewer plugins.
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Nut

So .... 249.99 per year, about 100 plugins, it's about 2.5 dollars per plugin per year.

It seems like a good deal and ... it is, if you have NO plugins already.
It's a good deal for beginners and/or PA newcomers.

But ... if you are a "heavy hitter", as they call it, the deal is far worse. If you are like me, you already have all the plugins you are mostly interested in. Well, at least, I do. I have about 25 of their plugins, and I chose them carefully. I chose the ones I wanted and use regularly. Which means, that the other ones ... I can live without.

Now, if PA wants to convince me to pay for plugins that are not a "priority" for me, because I already have all those that I really want, they should try to convince some other way. Yes, I would be interested in buying / renting some of the 75 plugins that I don't have. But not all of them (not even close .... I am not addicted to plugins!!), and, most of all, not for 250$ a year.

How about a "CREATE YOUR OWN BUNDLE / SUBSCRIPTION"?
5 dollars per plugin per year.
Or, 10 dollars per plugin per year, but rent-to-own.
Double / triple the price per plugin, but you choose your own plugins.
I would definitely take that option.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

I have nothing against subscriptions (except for the fact that i hate them) AS LONG as the option to buy and own the plugins is NOT removed.
Unfortunately, the recent history of this practice in software has shown that it is often the first step towards completely removing the buying option, it’s just a matter of time.
There are a few outliers, but they are the exception rather than the norm.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear
With subscription model you don't own the means of production. For some people this is unacceptable regardless whether in 10 years you are going to still use them or not.
Old 15th July 2019
The 150 annual deal i got is probably around the same if not less than what i’ve used for buying plugins annually, so it makes me think. I have a voucher for july also, so that’d give me first year 100. Just concerned if they’ll up the price later.

Buying any of the new plugins makes no sense for the prices, so it’s either subscription or just keep using what i’ve got.

Interesting tho whether the sales are still going to appear.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Jeezo post in 3..2..1
Old 15th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Anyone got an e-mail with special intro offer prices for 'new 6' but missing codes for some of them?

In my e-mail I see only one code for special price but not for other 5 despite the fact there is the same text under each one. Bla bla bla and use copy/paste to get your reduced price.

Hmm, looking forward hearing your situations on this matter. I openedn up the ticket and waiting the answer so I'll see.

Krešo
The same here.
My "personal mail" had only 1 code visible (for the PURPLE) and with the other five there were just blank spaces.
I just wrote a mail to their sales support asking about this.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search