The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance goes Subscription
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They killed off 32-bit support with their latest update.

Thank you! Throw that obsolete crap into the garbage where it belongs
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
They killed off 32-bit support with their latest update.

Thank you! Throw that obsolete crap into the garbage where it belongs
32 bit is far from obsolete which is why it's been used and supported for so long. The only "obsolescence" is that certain computer companies (one in particular) are purposely making it hard on devs to support 32 bit in order to drive new hardware sales.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Please forgive my ignorance, guys:

Will the latest updates run in DP on High Sierra? I'm not able to load the page linked to in the email (none of the email links I receive from PA ever work for me, apparently "freezing" when trying to load anything along the lines of trackcmp.whatever).

I'm not able to do any testing myself, so an answer will be very-much appreciated. I need to know whether or not to keep the older installers if I download the new 64-bit-only ones.

Thank you!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just a few heads-ups (I'll add to this as I discover the anomalies):

Mac Versions Only:

Brainworx bx_delay 2500's page's changelog doesn't document the latest update, which is v1.4; we can probably assume it's the 64-bit one.
Brainworx bx_digital V2 wasn't updated so if you need it in Catalina you'll have to upgrade to V3.

ADPTR AUDIO MetricAB hasn't been updated and the changelog from May says nothing about dropping 32-bit support.

DS Thorn was last updated in June. No mention of the 32-bit thing.

elysia phil's cascade hasn't been updated since the 1.0 release in Nov 2018. No mention of the 32-bit thing.

Fiedler Audio Stage hasn't been updated since v1.0.2 in March 2018. No mention of the 32-bit thing.

Lindell 254E still at v1.2 from Jan 2016.
Lindell 354E still at v1.0 from April 2017.
Lindell 6X-500 still at v1.2 from July this year. The July update isn't even in the changelog yet, so no mention of the 32-bit thing.
Lindell 7X-500 still at v1.2 from October 2015.
Lindell Channel X hasn't been updated and there's no changelog whatsoever even 'though it's at v1.2.
Lindell PEX-500 still at v1.2 from October 2015.
Lindell TE-100 still at v1.1 from Feb 2017.

Pro Audio DSP DSM V2 wasn't updated so if you need it in Catalina you'll have to upgrade to V3.

Schoeps Double MS hasn't been updated since its Nov 2018 v1.0 release.

SPL Attacker, De-Verb, Mo-Verb and Transient Designer won't run in Catalina - require updating to "Plus" versions.
SPL HawkEye hasn't been updated since its Jan 2019 v1.0 release.

Unfiltered Audio BYOME hasn't been updated since May 2019. You can get betas from UA's site.
Unfiltered Audio Dent and Dent 2 haven't been updated since Dent 2s release in Aug 2017.
Unfiltered Audio Fault hasn't been updated since July 2016.
Unfiltered Audio G8 hasn't been updated since April 2016.
Unfiltered Audio Indent & Indent 2 haven't been updated since Indent 2's release in August 2017.
Unfiltered Audio Instant Delay hasn't been updated since May 2019.
Unfiltered Audio LION's still sitting at its Sep 2019 v1.0 release. You can get betas from UA's site.
Unfiltered Audio Sandman hasn't been updated since Jan 2017.
Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro hasn't been updated since May 2019.
Unfiltered Audio SpecOps hasn't been updated since May 2019.
Unfiltered Audio TRIAD hasn't been updated since its June 2019 release. You can find betas at the UF site.
Unfiltered Audio Zip hasn't been updated since May 2019.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

This is a mess, their installation manager should be updated asap to show the plugin version and which ones need to be updated, especially now they have the sub model which means many users will install a lot of them already.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't use installation managers if I can help it, so in my case I'd say that it'd make sense if the current version numbers were shown in the "Manage Registered Plugins" page in our accounts.

It's ridiculous to have to load the individual plugins' public pages, scroll to the bottom and compare the DL-link info with the versions you have on your drive.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
I don't use installation managers if I can help it, so in my case I'd say that it'd make sense if the current version numbers were shown in the "Manage Registered Plugins" page in our accounts.

It's ridiculous to have to load the individual plugins' public pages, scroll to the bottom and compare the DL-link info with the versions you have on your drive.
PIA plug in manager is relatively small and painless and easy enough to uninstall.

I have been doing the separate thing up until the last major group of updates, and was pleasantly surprised by the app, so I recommend trying it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks man; I get it.

The thing is 'though that I like to keep individual installers; that gives me the freedom to replace anything that might cause me issues with an older version on an as-needed basis.

In addition to this, I'll always have these files on-hand should anything "happen" to a company or its site or even if the internet isn't available.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I think it ok to dismis 32 bit. 64 bit is the future. vst3 is the minimum. It's all so cool you dumb ****s. updates updates. And Vince Clark still works with Notataor.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

And I will quit here, after I spended thousands and thousands of dollars for software, that is maybe not working tomorrow anymore.

I go back to hardware. Thanks. It sounds better anyway.

From now on, I will not buy any music software.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Thanks man; I get it.

The thing is 'though that I like to keep individual installers; that gives me the freedom to replace anything that might cause me issues with an older version on an as-needed basis.

In addition to this, I'll always have these files on-hand should anything "happen" to a company or its site or even if the internet isn't available.
I always keep the oe installers on dvds. has saved me before
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

On the website the Vertigo is mentioned on the list of updated brands, but when you look at the plugin changelog, I can't see the vertigo plugins. Shame, cause I was hoping resizable ui for VSC2 and VSM3
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

That list must be on the page I said earlier that I couldn't find and for which my email link didn't work. I therefore had to do things the "hard" way, and checked every individual plugin's page.

Good news for you mate:

Vertigo VSC-2 has been updated to v1.11.

Changelog
Version 1.11 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows

Product / DL page:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...igo_vsc-2.html

Vertigo VSM-3 has been updated to v1.6.

Changelog
Version 1.6 (Nov 06, 2019)
- General: Qualified for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- General: Qualified for use with Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- General: Fixed plugin validation in Logic under macOS Catalina
- General: Fixed preset name restore in Logic when reopening a session
- General: Fixed opening authorization dialog triggering automation
- General: Improved instantiation times for plugins
- General: Improved license functionality and branding for subscription
- General: Removed 32-bit support on macOS and Windows

Product / DL page:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...igo_vsm-3.html
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

@ Monkey Man

Where did you found the change logs?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Go to the pages I linked to and you'll find them at the bottom.

IIRC you have to click a "+" symbol.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
32 bit is far from obsolete which is why it's been used and supported for so long. The only "obsolescence" is that certain computer companies (one in particular) are purposely making it hard on devs to support 32 bit in order to drive new hardware sales.
Im afraid there is no conspiracy to sell hardware.
Its just obsolete tech. People need systems with more ram and maintaining 32-bit has just become an unecessary cost for devs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarLander View Post
And I will quit here, after I spended thousands and thousands of dollars for software, that is maybe not working tomorrow anymore.

I go back to hardware. Thanks. It sounds better anyway.

From now on, I will not buy any music software.
I already got annoyed when updating other software with costs and then always something isn’t working ...,
I invested much in hardware from the beginning, have Top sounding units and can sell whenever I want, works with every DAW/Mac OS.... I rely on plugins only if I have to, like meter plugs tools or stuff where there is no HW counterpart.
Also UAD might go the subscription way in the future, who knows, and suddenly you have to update and then there is no way back...

On the other hand, technology evolves and upgrading is part of the process in any area of life, sooner or later. Life is expensive

I’ll try to avoid subscriptions as long as possible
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search