The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Plugin Alliance goes Subscription
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
[OT stuff removed]

Interesting post, Mage; thanks mate.

I see PA's sent a Catalina warning to us. Seems just about every company producing plugins has run into issues whilst testing. This logically means that we can count on all our plugins that aren't currently-supported / under ongoing development being relegated to the ether. What a huge bummer!
Your point is kind of on topic. Earlier in this thread, we talked about how much sense it makes to buy licenses for a lifetime or a few decades since soon after the developer stops developing, the plugins will stop working on the newer computers and OSes.

It might be more related to Mac than PC. Windows 10 is still backward compatible with Windows 98 or even Windows 95, isn’t it?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Ok, I'll buy that!

I always say everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they don't force it on to other people, or use it to hurt other people, no matter how bonkers it is

I think we'll agree to disagree
I’ve been drinking distilled water for many years. I feel well. Earlier, I used to drink osmosis filtered water. It’s not the same but close.

The human body cannot take calcium from non-organic sources. You are only stressing your kidneys with the tap water’s calcium content.

Most people who have calcium-related problems such as weak bones should not take more calcium but fix their Vitamin-D and magnesium intake, and stop earing dairy. If you take Vitamin-D, please also take vitamin K2, otherwise, you will hurt yourself.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
It might be more related to Mac than PC. Windows 10 is still backward compatible with Windows 98 or even Windows 95, isn’t it?
All the way back to DOS actually.

Alistair
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
All the way back to DOS actually.

Alistair
My last hope to get a silent computer is Apple’s expected switch to ARM. It would make sense considering what an iPad Pro can do without having a fan.

If I were Apple and I was going to switch in a year from now, I would have already informed the bigger software development companies (who can also keep secrets).

If I were a software development company that wants to be ready for the ARM Macs, I would already be porting my software.

If I were already porting my software to ARM, I would release it to the public to let the paying customers also alpha- and beta test it for me for free as usual.

If I’m correct, then it’s:

Steinberg
FabFilter
Waves

and maybe UVI.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
My last hope to get a silent computer is Apple’s expected switch to ARM. It would make sense considering what an iPad Pro can do without having a fan.

If I were Apple and I was going to switch in a year from now, I would have already informed the bigger software development companies (who can also keep secrets).

If I were a software development company that wants to be ready for the ARM Macs, I would already be porting my software.

If I were already porting my software to ARM, I would release it to the public to let the paying customers also alpha- and beta test it for me for free as usual.

If I’m correct, then it’s:

Steinberg
FabFilter
Waves

and maybe UVI.
And IK Multimedia?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Anything about Plugin Alliance?
Or someone it's about talking about -water- again.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
I think we can bring back water in water cooled computer subject if you want ....
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
Any idea how PA's amp sims compare with the competition? I have Amplitube Max by IK currently. I was thinking of either going a PA amp sim or the IK Brian May...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I think we can bring back water in water cooled computer subject if you want ....
I was interested in water cooling but just didn't have the courage to take the risk of a leak lol so fan cooling for me.

Back to PA, I'll speak of one PA plugin that seems to get overlooked imho and that is bx_panEQ. Try automating it on the drum bus.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I was interested in water cooling but just didn't have the courage to take the risk of a leak lol so fan cooling for me.

Back to PA, I'll speak of one PA plugin that seems to get overlooked imho and that is bx_panEQ. Try automating it on the drum bus.
I'm passive cooling since i think 5 years now , and it's chilling even on hot dayz , i7 4790s ...easy to do it yourself ...
Mine was made by Molten Music at that time based on a

https://streacom.com/products/fc5-al...nless-chassis/

zero noise in studio was my goal , hence RME / streacom ect ....will never go back to any fans ....

I had that talk with waves guyz about their dsp and guess what they listened and got their stuff togethere for the new models , but still i think fanless is best giving the tdp we have nowdayz
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search