The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance goes Subscription
Old 10th October 2019
  #1261
Gear Guru
 
UnderTow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
It might be more related to Mac than PC. Windows 10 is still backward compatible with Windows 98 or even Windows 95, isn’t it?
All the way back to DOS actually.

Alistair
Old 10th October 2019
  #1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
All the way back to DOS actually.

Alistair
My last hope to get a silent computer is Apple’s expected switch to ARM. It would make sense considering what an iPad Pro can do without having a fan.

If I were Apple and I was going to switch in a year from now, I would have already informed the bigger software development companies (who can also keep secrets).

If I were a software development company that wants to be ready for the ARM Macs, I would already be porting my software.

If I were already porting my software to ARM, I would release it to the public to let the paying customers also alpha- and beta test it for me for free as usual.

If I’m correct, then it’s:

Steinberg
FabFilter
Waves

and maybe UVI.
Old 11th October 2019
  #1263
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
My last hope to get a silent computer is Apple’s expected switch to ARM. It would make sense considering what an iPad Pro can do without having a fan.

If I were Apple and I was going to switch in a year from now, I would have already informed the bigger software development companies (who can also keep secrets).

If I were a software development company that wants to be ready for the ARM Macs, I would already be porting my software.

If I were already porting my software to ARM, I would release it to the public to let the paying customers also alpha- and beta test it for me for free as usual.

If I’m correct, then it’s:

Steinberg
FabFilter
Waves

and maybe UVI.
And IK Multimedia?
Old 11th October 2019
  #1264
Lives for gear
 
Pali's Avatar
 

Anything about Plugin Alliance?
Or someone it's about talking about -water- again.
Old 11th October 2019
  #1265
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
Anything about Plugin Alliance?
Or someone it's about talking about -water- again.
I think we can bring back water in water cooled computer subject if you want ....
Old 11th October 2019
  #1266
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
Anything about Plugin Alliance?
Or someone it's about talking about -water- again.
Any idea how PA's amp sims compare with the competition? I have Amplitube Max by IK currently. I was thinking of either going a PA amp sim or the IK Brian May...
Old 11th October 2019
  #1267
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I think we can bring back water in water cooled computer subject if you want ....
I was interested in water cooling but just didn't have the courage to take the risk of a leak lol so fan cooling for me.

Back to PA, I'll speak of one PA plugin that seems to get overlooked imho and that is bx_panEQ. Try automating it on the drum bus.
Old 11th October 2019
  #1268
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I was interested in water cooling but just didn't have the courage to take the risk of a leak lol so fan cooling for me.

Back to PA, I'll speak of one PA plugin that seems to get overlooked imho and that is bx_panEQ. Try automating it on the drum bus.
I'm passive cooling since i think 5 years now , and it's chilling even on hot dayz , i7 4790s ...easy to do it yourself ...
Mine was made by Molten Music at that time based on a



https://streacom.com/products/fc5-al...nless-chassis/

zero noise in studio was my goal , hence RME / streacom ect ....will never go back to any fans ....

I had that talk with waves guyz about their dsp and guess what they listened and got their stuff togethere for the new models , but still i think fanless is best giving the tdp we have nowdayz
Old 22nd October 2019
  #1269
Gear Addict
 

Just got the new Flanger in the Rocktober sale using personal voucher and it is nice.
Hopefully Black Friday will be good at PA this year.
Old 5th November 2019
  #1270
Gear Addict
 

Plugin Alliance is crazy again giving out a voucher yet they have minimum amounts before you can use it. Greedy people. Stay away. Get what you need from them and stay out. I thought they are into sales again but they have this scheme.
Old 5th November 2019
  #1271
Gear Guru
Actually do they have a minimum? thought that kicked in after Black Friday. Look it's simple, they price their plug ins to what the market will bear and offer deep discounts on older ones (that are still very good). Nothing wrong or sleazy about it..... Wrong or sleazy would be selling crap and they simply don't.
Old 5th November 2019
  #1272
Gear Maniac
 

When the sub model came, I knew the end of the road for our freebies was in sight. Not a fan of the new minimum policy, but whatever. They gotta make their move to stay afloat. If I need something, I'll spend money and use my voucher; if not, I won't.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1273
Lives for gear
 
M Albazy's Avatar
Basically there's no more free stuff .. you have to pay something around 25% of ur net to use the voucher. like to use my $75 voucher then my cart net should be at least $99.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1274
Lives for gear
 
Sleazy_Rider's Avatar
 

In PA defence...Just look at waves WUP....disgusting....
Old 6th November 2019
  #1275
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Actually do they have a minimum? thought that kicked in after Black Friday.
PA lied to people like Matrix lied to Sully.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1276
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsWilsonian View Post
If I need something, I'll spend money and use my voucher; if not, I won't.
That's what it comes down to now. Just using the voucher as an extra discount for whenever a plug-in that you actually really want goes on sale.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1277
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
PA lied to people like Matrix lied to Sully.
Such a good film scene lol.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1278
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Such a good film scene lol.
It never gets old.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1279
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Plugin Alliance is crazy again giving out a voucher yet they have minimum amounts before you can use it. Greedy people. Stay away. Get what you need from them and stay out. I thought they are into sales again but they have this scheme.
WHAT?! You have to pay for their products now? Greedy bastards! What are they going to do with all the money? Feed their families?! Disgusting!
Old 6th November 2019
  #1280
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOak View Post
WHAT?! You have to pay for their products now? Greedy bastards! What are they going to do with all the money? Feed their families?! Disgusting!
Thats not my point. Ever since they gave out vouchers without any limits. Now if you have 25$ you must spend at least around 35$ or more before you could use that 25$. What if you just want to buy a 25$ plugin exact amount or less? You just have to throw that voucher away.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1281
Gear Addict
 
BadYodeler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Thats not my point. Ever since they gave out vouchers without any limits. Now if you have 25$ you must spend at least around 35$ or more before you could use that 25$. What if you just want to buy a 25$ plugin exact amount or less? You just have to throw that voucher away.
So you are whining that they don’t give you plugins for free, who’s greedy here?

Too many trolls around here, especially in this thread
Old 6th November 2019
  #1282
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
PA lied to people like Matrix lied to Sully.
Dirk promised to kill us last.
Old 6th November 2019
  #1283
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
So you are whining that they don’t give you plugins for free, who’s greedy here?

Too many trolls around here, especially in this thread
Nah it s problematic for transferts i have blue chorus abd several pedals that need to be authorised , i planned on slowybauthorise on eby one , now i have to autjprise 2 by too to authorise them witha a pa vaucher at 25 witch is basically a 15 dollars aditional fees on what i paid for them , witch is basicallly more than if i had bougth them on last sale (they would hzve cost me 4 $ each )

My point is the visibility , they changed to much last months , so i freeze here , and will'get stuff i i really need them ...witch is different than what i used to do with PA , like "let s get this , i don t need it , but it s cheap " so at the end , i don t know if this move will serve them ...

Any way , at least they re trying stuff ´ and signals are their sub things isn t as beautyfull as it seemed to be on paper imho , but i might be wrong ...

Sorry for tipo
Old 7th November 2019
  #1284
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
So you are whining that they don’t give you plugins for free, who’s greedy here?

Too many trolls around here, especially in this thread
Im not a troll. Im a heavy hitter and i own almost all of their offerings. Except the new ones.

They can just simply out a straight forward price thats above 25$ or more like in the past. Why do they have to limit a 75$ to a minimum. These to me are greedy tactics. We are entitled to our own opinion. Im not saying any bad words to you man and yet you are replying to me as if I hurt you lol. Stop being mean.

To be fair, price your items right and give them corresponding vouchers without limits. There are already minimum purchase amount before you get those vouchers now another limitation? Tell me thats not greedy?
Old 7th November 2019
  #1285
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Thats not my point. Ever since they gave out vouchers without any limits. Now if you have 25$ you must spend at least around 35$ or more before you could use that 25$. What if you just want to buy a 25$ plugin exact amount or less? You just have to throw that voucher away.
How is that in any way considered greedy? You don't seem to have a clue what that word means.
Do you have an insight in their finances?

To me it's quite obvious that they have been too generous with discounts in the past and that they suffered from it, in fact still do.
Of course it's going to be hard to raise their prices again when they attracted a bunch of cheapskates for customers that expect to get everything for free more or less.
Old 7th November 2019
  #1286
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

The direction things are going with PA and this thread, I'm just glad I have most of what I need from them already.
Old 7th November 2019
  #1287
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Nah it s problematic for transferts i have blue chorus abd several pedals that need to be authorised , i planned on slowybauthorise on eby one , now i have to autjprise 2 by too to authorise them witha a pa vaucher at 25 witch is basically a 15 dollars aditional fees on what i paid for them , witch is basicallly more than if i had bougth them on last sale (they would hzve cost me 4 $ each )

My point is the visibility , they changed to much last months , so i freeze here , and will'get stuff i i really need them ...witch is different than what i used to do with PA , like "let s get this , i don t need it , but it s cheap " so at the end , i don t know if this move will serve them ...

Any way , at least they re trying stuff ´ and signals are their sub things isn t as beautyfull as it seemed to be on paper imho , but i might be wrong ...

Sorry for tipo
So now you're not buying things you don't need just because they are cheap? I feel so sad for consumerism, it has done us so well.
Old 7th November 2019
  #1288
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
The direction things are going with PA and this thread, I'm just glad I have most of what I need from them already.
Exactly.

I'm not even that upset about it. I guess I just anticipated that things were going downhill. I spent my money with them, and if anything I really need comes along, i'll grab it at a price i'm willing to pay. I have more software than I need...especially from PA. I own about 30 plugs from them I never touch, ever.

The rationale for the increase is pretty bad, so I get the consumer dissatisfaction. Fix the voucher system instead of taking it out on good customers. Seems simple. But we know that's not what this is about.

The subs probably flopped. I doubt anyone is willing to pay anything close to their asking price unless they own zero PA plugs and are completely unaware of their pricing system. So they got their money from some willing to pay 150 or 180, and then had a bunch of people like me who own enough to say "pass" and lost most, if not all, their monthly purchases from that group. They went back to deep discounts and realized those people still weren't spending any money bc they still had vouchers. And here we are.
Old 7th November 2019
  #1289
Lives for gear
 
blackcom's Avatar
 

They killed off 32-bit support with their latest update.

Thank you! Throw that obsolete crap into the garbage where it belongs
Old 8th November 2019
  #1290
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
They killed off 32-bit support with their latest update.

Thank you! Throw that obsolete crap into the garbage where it belongs
32 bit is far from obsolete which is why it's been used and supported for so long. The only "obsolescence" is that certain computer companies (one in particular) are purposely making it hard on devs to support 32 bit in order to drive new hardware sales.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump