The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sweetsonics releases LASER - "Precise Sidechainer" Audio Plugin
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

@ scandal

Laser is Faster, groovier and more precise/tweakable.. [can also expand band(s)]
Fast as A Laser Sidechainer ..
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYAuM View Post
Any sign of those videos you said would be coming soon?
Yes! We've been really busy after the release, but I'm working on new videos as well and they're coming! We have a small dev team and lots of work to do.

We've also got great ideas from our users. There will be new features and little tweaks that makes Laser even more powerful. Thanks for patience and support guys!
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Could you please think of making the readout of the split frequency Readable..? I need to zoom like crazy on my 5k iMac screen to guess the frequency..
At least an option to change the font colour..? but ideally BIGGER Font
Badass Plugin

Thank you.
Yeah, I understand! We'll talk about this with the team. Thanks for feedback!
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Sorry i messed up.. I'm cool with Laser even if readouts for frequency split could be useful as other users said

Sorry..

Badass Plugin nevertheless.. using it intensively in every projects!
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Pro tip for mixing. Laser on a kick with the kick drum sidechaining itself triggered via transient is able to sculpt the tightest kick drums!
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by polybonk View Post
Pro tip for mixing. Laser on a kick with the kick drum sidechaining itself triggered via transient is able to sculpt the tightest kick drums!
Sounds interesting!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejem View Post
Okey, totally understand.

And thanks for the feedback! So far users have been satisfied with our pricing, but we take all the comments seriously. Of course we want to set the pricing that our customers are happy and we can compete in this business, so that we can continue developing awesome plugins. Two years of work is quite a lot, but we wanted to make Laser perfect. Even though it's just a sidechainer, there's quite complex things happening under the hood. For example designing filters is really time consuming if you want to make them perfect.

There will be new sales coming in future for sure.

EDIT: And actually Laser can also be used without sidechain routing so it's more than just a sidechainer. Some of our users use it as multiband transient designer (with threshold, offset etc...) I will add some video examples soon.
Will a BF sale be coming? I finally got to demoing tonight and need this in my life
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Anyone compared Laser to smart:comp?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Anybody else getting this bug? If you put two instances on a track in PT it introduces a little bit of negative delay on the track, even if the second instance is bypassed (disabling the effect fixes it)

edit: I think its a sidechain latency bug from Pro Tools

Last edited by s34nsm411; 3 weeks ago at 02:12 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by s34nsm411 View Post
Anybody else getting this bug? If you put two instances on a track in PT it introduces a little bit of negative delay on the track, even if the second instance is bypassed (disabling the effect fixes it)

edit: I think its a sidechain latency bug from Pro Tools
Yeah, sidechaining is a bit difficult for some DAWs and there's nothing we can do but hope for bug fixes. It's usually because of the wrong delay compensation. It happens with all the sc plugins, but of course it's easier to notice with Laser, or plugins that do more precise things in time domain.

But the most of the DAWs work just great.

EDIT: And if something weird happens (wrong delay compensation etc), luckily Laser has the offset control that you can use to fix it manually.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Will a BF sale be coming? I finally got to demoing tonight and need this in my life
Black Friday sale started today!!! Our lowest price ever. Grab it now!

We also updated Laser to 1.0.7. The update includes
- Mix knob
- Output trim with 0.1dB steps
- Minor tweaks & bug fixes
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This Tool is almost perfect to me, though I'd love to see coming in a future update a scaling GUI (fixed percentage is ok!) to make LAZER Bigger or at least, would be really cool to be able to zoom Horizontally in the graph display..

Great Tool anyway; using it everyday everywhere

Thanks for considering.

Last edited by jsblack; 2 weeks ago at 04:55 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search