The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio and Abbey Road Studios Introduce the Abbey Road Studio 3 Plugin
Old 24th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphelmer View Post
I just ran ARS3 through Room EQ Wizard and got the following. Looks like the largest peak to valley is around 10db which is extremely good for a room. Maybe more importantly, it looks like switching between the various speakers gives you pretty good coverage of all frequencies. If this is an emulation of a room there will absolutely be these peaks and valleys and they will change from speaker to speaker based on positioning and several other factors.
Hi dphelmer,

Might you explain how you use/setup REW to analyze a plugin ? I've not ever tried that. Would be interested.

Thanks
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Head

I'm on a Mac and used soundflower to route REW output to Ableton with just a single audio track and ARS3 on the master and then soundflower to route it back to the input of REW with no calibration file selected. No idea if that is the best way, but it gave results that looked vaguely like normal result aside from that completely flat response about 1k. I did a 12 second sweep from 20 to 20k. I had to tweak various gain stages in both REW and Ableton to get things working right.

One other thing that was interesting is that the "Far" speakers have a resonance around 75hz that rings out about 160ms, slightly longer than anything else.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

so I just picked this up for $61 - seems like a good idea - win7 so no NX for me..

glad to see this works with surround in reaper.. does anyone know how I would approach a set up to use AR3 in surround with movies? some kind of virtual sound driver that hosts vst? any ideas?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

My mixing life-changing plugs for 2019: Lindell80 / IK Tape 80 / Bassroom / ARS3. Load of awesome compressors out there for 2019 but these 4 are undisputed winners IMO. Can't wait to see what 2020 brings. More rooms and headphone options for the ARS3 'line' I hope!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dphelmer View Post
I'm on a Mac and used soundflower to route REW output to Ableton with just a single audio track and ARS3 on the master and then soundflower to route it back to the input of REW with no calibration file selected.
Check out the Soundsource app. That's what I use and I have both ARS3 and Sonarworks running serially, meaning that I'm listening to all of my computer's audio through both AR3 and Sonarworks. No need for elaborate routing. Soundsource costs only $29.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search