Waves Audio and Abbey Road Studios Introduce the Abbey Road Studio 3 Plugin
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonie3001 View Post
Thanks, mate!
It finally worked!
Let‘s have some fun at Abbey Road, haha
Wow, that's great, congrats! I tried it today with a webcam head tracking, actually was surprised with how well it works. Feels very immersive. Now wishing I could run all my audio through it whenever I'm on headphones and just casually listening to music or watching videos. Lots of fun at ARS, indeed
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
FIX: I had the same problem with the coupon not working during checkout but I got it to work. It looks like there is an issue with the character conversion from the email... so I just copied the code from the email into a text editor (Microsoft Notepad or TextEdit on Mac) and then copied and pasted it from there to the Coupon Code field on the Waves checkout page.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
wishing I could run all my audio through it whenever I'm on headphones and just casually listening to music or watching videos. Lots of fun at ARS, indeed
You can, but it will require third party software, thus spending more money overall, but could be worth your while.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Am I the only one now wondering what Studio 1 and 2 sound like?!? Haha!!
Old 2 weeks ago
I would love some more headphones to be added like the DT77 Pro's and also a set of NS10M's in the room
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Am I the only one now wondering what Studio 1 and 2 sound like?!? Haha!!
They'e both great rooms but they've been remodeled and updated. Room 2 is where the Beatles albums were made.

It's room 3 that still retains it's heritage and of course the studio address is 3 Abbey Road.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Sorry to go off topic but just one question - Is MixChecker Pro a big step up from the initial MixChecker release in your opinion? (i.e. is it worth the upgrade of double the price?)
It has quite a few more profiles and allows for deeper tweaking of settings. I wouldn’t pay full price for it but they usually run a sale over Xmas/ BF and I got my upgrade for like 50% off.

I still check on other devices but use it to quickly sanity check things while producing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyr View Post
It has quite a few more profiles and allows for deeper tweaking of settings. I wouldn’t pay full price for it but they usually run a sale over Xmas/ BF and I got my upgrade for like 50% off.

I still check on other devices but use it to quickly sanity check things while producing.
Thanks for the info.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
and also a set of NS10M's in the room
I would say you're better off learning the sound of the ATC's (the current Studio 3 near-fields). They pretty much serve a similar sonic purpose, just with higher fidelity.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Question : is there any reason for me to own Reference 4 in addition to ARS3, even if my headphones (dt880s edition) are supported in the latter? Does SW offer a more accurate flattening of the frequency response? Trying to justify having bought both as I never knew ARS offered frequency flattening like SW, in addition to spatial audio. Should I ask SW for a refund?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebles View Post
Question : is there any reason for me to own Reference 4 in addition to ARS3, even if my headphones (dt880s edition) are supported in the latter? Does SW offer a more accurate flattening of the frequency response? Trying to justify having bought both as I never knew ARS offered frequency flattening like SW, in addition to spatial audio. Should I ask SW for a refund?
If you skip back a few pages or so in this thread there are lots of posts discussing this very issue...
Short answer from people in this thread is use both as they compliment each other very well. I also use them both together and think they are both awesome - I switch off eq section in ARS3 plugin and use SW Ref for EQ correction.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
If you skip back a few pages or so in this thread there are lots of posts discussing this very issue...
Short answer from people in this thread is use both as they compliment each other very well. I also use them both together and think they are both awesome - I switch off eq section in ARS3 plugin and use SW Ref for EQ correction.
Edit: Try using them both on a mix you know well and experiment with their order and using together and individually - then you should have a clearer idea of whether you feel you need or want them both.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I don't think there actually is a wrong choice when it comes to using either the SW correction or the built-in correction. Just choose the one that sounds more favorable to you, and make that decision based on listening to some go-to references, while taking note of how each reveals certain subtle details.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search