The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Brainworx Focusrite SC Channel Strip
Old 6th July 2019
News Desk Editor

Introducing Brainworx Bx_console Focusrite SC

Brainworx Focusrite SC Channel Strip-brainworx_availability_1200_627.jpg
Introducing Brainworx Bx_console Focusrite SC

New plugin available exclusively free for Clarett, Red, RedNet and ISA customers

Los Angeles, CA, January 23, 2020 – Two of the most revered pieces of recording gear in the history of music production, the Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules, helped to shape the sonic landscape of the 1980s and 90s. They were key components in the original Focusrite Studio Console, with their unique specification, exceptional build quality and impressive versatility delivering a beautifully open sound that found favor among audio engineers the world over. With fewer than ten Studio Consoles still in existence and the ISA Modules commanding sky-high prices on the second-hand market, their very special brand of audio magic has been utterly inaccessible to all but the most privileged of producers… until now!

Designed and coded by the DSP geniuses at acclaimed software house Brainworx, the new bx_console Focusrite SC VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of Focusrite’s original iconic hardware – and now Clarett and Red audio interface customers, along with ISA and RedNet customers, get the plug-in, simply by registering their equipment online.

Accurately modeling the full signal paths of the ISA 110 and ISA 130, bx_console Focusrite SC brings all the analogue character and coloration of the Focusrite Studio Console to your DAW-based productions. Offering four bands of parametric and shelving EQ, high- and low-pass filters, compression/limiting, gating/expansion and de-essing, it's as powerful a sound-shaping tool today as it ever was – indeed, it improves on the capabilities of the original with modifications including continuously variable THD and Gain controls. And with Brainworx's Tolerance Modelling Technology providing 72 selectable modeled circuits, you can even recreate the subtle timbral variations between channels that you'd get with the real console.

With bx_console Focusrite SC retailing separately for $349, its inclusion for free with this multitude of Focusrite products is a huge deal, and Focusrite is deeply honored to see and hear these two historic modules so brilliantly emulated in software. To download the plug-in, simply register your Clarett, Red, RedNet or ISA unit online, log into your Customer Portal page, where you'll see bx_console Focusrite SC listed in the ‘My Software’ page among your registered products.

Click here to watch the Story of the Focusrite Studio Console.
Attached Thumbnails
Brainworx Focusrite SC Channel Strip-brainworx_availability_1200_627.jpg  
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Brainworx Focusrite SC Channel Strip

The plugin version of this legendary piece of gear, bx_console Focusrite SC continues the tradition started by our bx_console N and the SSL 4000 Series in that it offers 72 channels based on Brainworx's pioneering and patent-pending Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT). Every one of bx_console Focusrite SC’s 72 channels offers a different Focusrite channel by modeling the slight channel-to-channel variances amongst the analog components. Run a different channel across your entire mix and you can easily get the depth, width and punch that the original analog Focusrite Studio Console provided – all inside your DAW!

Old 6th July 2019
Gear Addict

Brainworks is the new sherif in town. Not only do they provide with some of the best emulations around, their own tools bx_ are in a league of its own. Never felt better owning like everything they ever made. Will keep on supporting and buying it all since they evolve in a fantastic way.
Old 6th July 2019
Deleted bc6012f
How's the metering
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

I love plugins.
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Head
I bet this sounds great
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Guru

Been waiting for ages to have this one availlable again !! It's one of the most coplete
Channel strip around , the sidechain option are exellent and the de esser , can be used to expend , to get something back ect ...all is superb !!!

Here's my take on this !!!

1) Plugin Tour

2) Mix fun on a whole track (@4min)

3) Frequency Scan technic (@36 min)

4) Conclusion !! (@41 min 10)

Thanks for watching !!

NB (Sorry for the not totally matched A/B levels , original mix is louder , but focus on the overwall balance and one what i did with the strip ...at the end of the video i show the frequency scan technic that is really helpfull)

You will see on my next video how i get the mix back together just buy using 2 instances of one compressor !!
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Product link:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...usrite_sc.html

Interested to test this one - nice vid J!
Old 6th July 2019
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted bc6012f View Post
How's the metering
Why can't they just do the same metering option for the SSL and call it a day.

Weird though the metering doesn't bother me. LOL

Not sure if I will get this one. Focusrite has modeled this same version and it's pretty much the Focusrite Midnight.

I love the fact that it's bigger as the TDM version of this was so small but sounded great.

Marc
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted bc6012f View Post
How's the metering
Well guess what? They fixed it. Finally!

Quote:
Meter calibration

The reference value for both level meters can be adjusted via the corre- sponding text fields in the info screen, which can be accessed by clicking on the Brainworx / Focusrite logos.
By default, the PPM meter reference is set to 0 dBu = -20 dBFS.
The VU Meter is set to 0 VU = -10 dBFS, which in turn corresponds to 0 VU = +10 dBu in the default setting. Using the text fields, you can customize the meters according to the standard you are used to work with or depending on the ‘hotness’ of your material. Your settings will be stored for all instances and sessions. You can always go back to the default reference levels by clicking on the default buttons.

So let's hope PA will adapt this feature to their other channel strips as soon as possible!

But there's one more thing: The input gain knob still sits behind the input meter. Please PA, fix this as well.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

This plugin sounds excellent. Very punchy compressor and fantastic sounding EQ. Deesser is usable as well. Looks like the best sounding from their consoles
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Looks great can't wait to test this
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Nut
Yeah liking this one
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Unlinked compressor auto release introduces some strange phase behavior. Most obvious on transients heavy tracks like drums etc.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

.... just the idea of operating this with a mouse!

Bx need something like a Console 1 controller.

Last edited by thehightenor; 6th July 2019 at 01:34 PM..
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
.... just the idea of operating this with mouse!

Bx need something like a Console 1 controller.
I just clicked on this thread about to say Plugin Alliance needs to partner with Softube
Great minds think alike.....or..coincidence
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

oh wow !
PA constantly surprises me...

Looking forwaed to try ?
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

I'm really liking this channel strip so far
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
This plugin sounds excellent. Very punchy compressor and fantastic sounding EQ. Deesser is usable as well. Looks like the best sounding from their consoles
Exactly , i went a little to hard i think on this video (would have not mixed this like that , but check the next one where i glue adn pin transients heavily) , but just to sayd that imho it's the best of both world , SSL + Neve

@ Marc the sidechain option alone is worth !! i have all the focusrite (Midnight and Red ) , it's great , but the workflow and sound is just spot on with this one !!!

For the input post VU , i think it could have been deliberate , this is a feature also in protools , the ability to monitor the input nominal level ... don't know ...

Maybe will do a video on how to controll this with Console 1 ...

Anyway super happy here , lately we've been hit with great tools and not tools that have been done to death !!

VSC 3 / SPL Iron / MDE / AR 1 / and this one ....stuff not emulated zillions of time !! and done well !!!
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

Maybe will do a video on how to controll this with Console 1 ...
Can Console 1 control UAD channel strips with your method?
Old 6th July 2019
+1 on Console 1 control
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Can Console 1 control UAD channel strips with your method?
It can control everything .... but it will depend on platform ( i know how to do it in xindows) and daw ( it s ability to have a midi controller control te focused displayed plugin ) ... you will not have the console workflow expt in sonar where a guy developped a script for that using a user made app'for act controller ..
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Damn,

I always loved Focusrite hardware. Got two in my own private setup. Sturdy gear. Quality gear. No problems ever.

So, when I saw this yesterday, a reincarnation of Focusrite ISA110&130 here in one plugin... Damn PA - you bought me! I haven't had time to try it out yet but next week both SHMC and this gem are mine.

I have no doubt that they both sound amazing.

Again, great work PA & Team!

Krešo
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Addict

A wireless Bx controller... one can dream.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

A little background info. Here's a nice documentary about the original consoles and the various places they went to.

Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

This is the Focusrite Forte Console, right?
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
This is the Focusrite Forte Console, right?
Yup.
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Maniac

This is so cool! Can’t wait to try it!
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Addict

If only I had known this would come out. Shouldnt have bought PSP Preqursor 2. I was searching for a clean eq that doesnt have that fizzy highs or razor sharp mids for some genres, meaning aside for colorful ssls. And this was it. And Preqursor 2 was great also btw.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search