The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 8 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface
Old 11th January 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVV View Post
Hi,

I've been looking into the Discrete 8, but I've a couple of questions:

1. I'm a PC user, will there be a VST developed for PC eventually? Anytime soon?

and, more important:

2. So I understand that in order to use the software, even the control panel and mixer, etc, I need the PC to be online? I like to keep the studio PC mostly disconnected, it's an old habit, and I'd rather keep it that way, but from what I'm reading in this thread it would appear a connection is constantly needed? Please clarify.

Thanks!
Hi!

Our effects are usable as hardware inserts via the control panel of the interface, however we are working on the Windows version of AFX2DAW (will be Thunderbolt only, just as it is on MAC), which will allow you to use the effects directly in your DAW.

As for your second question - only for the initial activation and software download/updates, you will need to be online, afterwards there is no need for you to be connected to the internet. Is the information on our website misleading? This feedback is very useful for us, so please get back to me!

Sam
Old 13th January 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
Hi!

Our effects are usable as hardware inserts via the control panel of the interface, however we are working on the Windows version of AFX2DAW (will be Thunderbolt only, just as it is on MAC), which will allow you to use the effects directly in your DAW.

As for your second question - only for the initial activation and software download/updates, you will need to be online, afterwards there is no need for you to be connected to the internet. Is the information on our website misleading? This feedback is very useful for us, so please get back to me!

Sam
Hey! Thanks for your quick reply. Could you give me a (totally non-binding) estimation of how long for the AFX2DAW for Win to be available?

Re the info on your website: no, it was a previous post on this thread, made me think a connection was necessary all the time.

Cheers!
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
Hi!

Sam
Sam, When is this release going to happen for AFX to DAW for Windows, I've heard from Antelope, and saw numerous posts from your team, here as well as on facebook, but there's no products to be seen.

When exactly are you guys planning to ACTUALLY RELEASE it?
Old 26th February 2020
Company Rep

Hi to both of you!

You will hear news from us soon, I cannot give you an exact timeline, but news should be out soon (a few weeks by my personal estimations). We know that you are impatient to have it and we are doing our best to provide you with news and information as soon as possible.
Old 27th February 2020
Here for the gear

Hi Sam,

I have my interface connected to a PC -Windows via thunderbolt using the Startech adapter as recommended. However, my PC crashes every time i start the PC with the interface connected.(I see after that it is the Antelope TB Driver is causing that) In spite of that, my interface works pretty ok when i connect it after the PC ignition.
The antelope web says:

"If the device is not recognized when connected before the computer is started, but reconized otherwise, please try a different thundebolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter"

As I said before, I have the recommended adapter, so really don't know wich is the exact cause or solution.

Thanks

JuanCa
Old 28th February 2020
Company Rep

Hi @ JuanCa

Are you booting in Verbose mode in Windows, can you screenshot/take a photo of when it crashes? Are you running with the latest Windows updates? Did you get in touch with our support team here - https://support.antelopeaudio.com
If you haven't, please do and send to me the support case ID or chat ID via a personal message here, so I can keep an eye there and ask my colleagues from the support team to CC me on the communication there.
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Addict

Sam, That's great to finally hear this. Also can you say when the discrete 8 synergy will actually get proper windows drivers, as of now we are forced to use voicemeeter app. ;(

thanks for the reply, can't wait to actually use my plugins like mac users have been able to for awhile now!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search