The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Software BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin

We're pleased to announce our next audio plugin, which also takes the quality of London Acoustics to the next level, with no compromises: BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP

Check out high resolution audio samples, more videos, and manual, at this link: Brighton Opto Tube Comp - London Acoustics - Audio Plugins

What is it?
Brighton Opto Tube Compressor is a custom-built, versatile compressor with a strong character. It can be slow and smooth like a classic RMS opto with normal settings, or push it to extremes and it is very capable of some snappy ‘pumping’.

What makes Brighton Opto Tube Compressor tick?
It is based both on a classic Vactrol VTL5 optical photocell detector and a custom-built one, prototyped on a breadboard with a new-concept, custom-circuit tube preamp designed by V. Realacci of Sound & Light (in Formia, Italy).

Brighton Opto Tube Comp is an official third-party plugin for N4 Player
This plugin uses a patented technology courtesy of Acustica Audio SRL Nebula ©. For more information after purchase, please read the accompanying manual for installation, settings and usage.

What is it best used for?
With its modern tube compressor concept, Brighton OTC is well suited to a wide range of applications, especially for vocals (even with a high amount of gain reduction), lead lines, bass and drums – short attack and recovery are very interesting. Also, using it in buss or master buss with moderate settings can be pleasantly surprising.

Fast attack and recovery
The attack and recovery times are, for this machine, quite fast compared to other similar compressors thanks to the use of a very fast type of LED light source.

Internal Sidechain
Brighton Opto Tube Comp is already capable to retain a good amount of low-end even at a high level of reduction and 100% wet signal, but if this is not enough, it also features an internal sidechain to allow the user to set the low response at the preferred level.

Price (MSRP): €85.00 [now with the introductory price of €68 (20% off) until the 19th of July]

Licensing: Challenge-response authorization system allows activation for two computers per license.

The trial version is fully functional for a duration of four weeks. Trial license allows the activation of two computers per license.

Brighton Opto Tube Compressor Features
  • Vactrol VTL5 optical photocell detector and a second one
  • with ultra fast last generation LED light bulb.
  • Ratios: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 20 (limiter)
  • Attack (ms): 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 1, 3, 7, 10, 30, 75
  • Recovery (s): 0.03, 0.07, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.20, 3.50
  • Peak reduction range (dB): from 0 to -64
  • Makeup gain range (dB): from 0 to +24
  • Hi pass filter sidechain (Hz): from 0 (sidechain off) to 250
  • VU Meters IN/OUT -42/+5dB; REDUCTION 0/-30dB

Compatibility
Available in VST, AU, AAX – 32, 64 bit formats.

A little bit about London Acoustics:
We are a London-based group of very passionate producers and musicians with a passion for recording gear and years of experience working in the pro-audio industry. Our mission is to offer cool new sound palettes for Acustica Audio Nebula users and, of course, for ourselves!

London Acoustics Plugin Installation tutorial:
YouTube

Much love.
Old 19th June 2019
Nice mojo, excellent GUI and features.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Will try. Their eq´s are great!
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
Interestingly the demo hasnt showed up in my account or in aquarius. Its been a while waiting which is unusual.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Interestingly the demo hasnt showed up in my account or in aquarius. Its been a while waiting which is unusual.
Here too. Try the search function in aquarius
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

This is my new favorite ITB comp. Makes everything you send through it sound better, controlles dynamics in a most pleasing way, huge, relaxed, 3D.

Will check out now how it sounds together with Tokyo eq.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Here too. Try the search function in aquarius
Thanks filterfreak, unfortunately its still missing from Aquarius so far. It doesnt show up in the search. I'll try re-installing Aquarius.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks filterfreak, unfortunately its still missing from Aquarius so far. It doesnt show up in the search. I'll try re-installing Aquarius.
It is so much worth it
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I "ordered trial" on website, restarted Aquarius and then searched. Some of those steps might be redundant but that is how I got it installed.

I had only a brief play with it on some drums and it can be really aggressive in a very, very good way.
Very positive first impression, but I have to spend more time with it.

In general - hats off to London Acoustics for such a unique and great sounding compressor!!!
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
I "ordered trial" on website, restarted Aquarius and then searched. Some of those steps might be redundant but that is how I got it installed.

I had only a brief play with it on some drums and it can be really aggressive in a very, very good way.
Very positive first impression, but I have to spend more time with it.

In general - hats off to London Acoustics for such a unique and great sounding compressor!!!
Thanks for that. I was the problem lol. In the search I typing "Bright" rather than the whole word expecting it show up. I got it now thanks guys. Time to play
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

I never used the word gamechanger for any plugin, but this one is just ridiculously good! The more I play with it the more my jaw drops
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I never used the word gamechanger for any plugin, but this one is just ridiculously good! The more I play with it the more my jaw drops
Will download and test tonight.

Have you got TimP's Opto 32?
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds great initial impression. Is there ANY way to do unlinked/dual mono with the N4 player? Or is it just a restriction of the N4 framework?
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Will download and test tonight.

Have you got TimP's Opto 32?
Yes...and the sum.

This one is a leage of its own imho
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes...and the sum.

That's saying something! Can't wait to test this now...

Update on a quick vocal test - this is really—really—good. Both compression and saturation wise. More testing!

Last edited by b0se; 19th June 2019 at 09:32 PM..
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for that. I was the problem lol. In the search I typing "Bright" rather than the whole word expecting it show up. I got it now thanks guys. Time to play
Ah ok we'll improve the search
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
Why did I demo it

On 808 drums Sum100a -> Brighton -> Magic Death Eye -> Purple2 -> TR 5 Tape 80

I like how it deals with transients.

I don't like that the saturation easily can get unwanted glitches. Maybe this could be limited to the safe ranges.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Why did I demo it

On 808 drums Sum100a -> Brighton -> Magic Death Eye -> Purple2 -> TR 5 Tape 80

I like how it deals with transients.

I don't like that the saturation easily can get unwanted glitches. Maybe this could be limited to the safe ranges.
That's a metric **** ton of compression on an 808 :¬)
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

To demo or not to demo - that is the question...
Attached Thumbnails
BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin-screen-shot-2019-06-16-21-29-22.png  
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Ah ok we'll improve the search
Thanks Zaphod. That would be very helpful
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut
From the manual:

"with tracks recorded with gain exceeding -18dBFS, loudspikes may occur if TRIM is set over the zero level. Please set your monitors & headphones to a low volume while tweaking."
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

I have N4 installed and it is working. I installed the demo and it shows up, but when I instantiate it, it opens N4 and just hangs with the message: Loading...

???
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes...and the sum.

Holy ***t that's saying a ton. What's the CPU hit like?
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Head

I want to install the trial, but Aquarius gives me a "Download error" each time I try :sad:
I've submitted a ticket to Acustica...
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
I have N4 installed and it is working. I installed the demo and it shows up, but when I instantiate it, it opens N4 and just hangs with the message: Loading...

???
Hi Macaroni, in case open an official ticket on your AA personal-account board.
This looks to be an authorisation or an overall Aquarius issue.
We cannot replicate the problem here, everything is working flawless.
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Tested on vocals (CM800T into Silver Bullet Neve circuit) vs MDE, Opto 32 and Sum100A.

Chain: Rule Tec > comp > IK Tape (Revox)

Brighton was my favourite in this test/setup. It's a really classy compression and saturation, very open, very natural. Brings things forward in a non-obvious way (unless you want it to be). 10-12dB reduction sounded effortless and remained spacious.

Even better with Arousor before it (no saturation) taming the larger peaks.

Found my new vocal chain!

Last edited by b0se; 20th June 2019 at 10:23 AM..
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Tested on vocals (CM800T into Silver Bullet Neve circuit) vs MDE, Opto 32 and Sum100A.

Chain: Rule Tec > comp > IK Tape (Revox)

Brighton was my favourite in this test/setup. It's a really classy compression and saturation, very open, very natural. Brings things forward in a non-obvious way (unless you want it to be). 10-12dB reduction sounded effortless and remained spacious.

Even better with Arousor before it (no saturation) taming the larger peaks.

Found my new vocal chain!
Great I put 2 Brightons in a row on a drum bus, one with fast setting followed by one with slow setting, and the result was amazing
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Great I put 2 Brightons in a row on a drum bus, one with fast setting followed by one with slow setting, and the result was amazing
This one I tried accidentally when replacing trial version with the full, so I needed to match the settings before removing the trial one. That was pretty interesting.
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaD View Post
Holy ***t that's saying a ton. What's the CPU hit like?
Acceptable! Average nebula niveau I would say
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Getting an error message after installing here, while starting up Reaper: "Plugin 'BRIGHTONTZL.dll" executed invalid operation during scanning." And the plugin can not be found.

Any ideas?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search