The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear

Just popping back in to say how damn good this comp is, cheers LA! Nothing ITB like it, especially on vocals - so open and effortless.

Pretty please do an 1176 at this standard :¬)

Even better - a Fairchild :D
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Maniac

You guys are the TOP with compressors ITB.

Seriously, nothing can do what this does on vocals. The saturation is also quite tasty!

I would love to replace my overloud fairchild with yours if you could nail that thing. I don’t feel like ultramarine is better than overloud version. Tonally yes, but compression wise, not really.
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Just popping back in to say how damn good this comp is, cheers LA! Nothing ITB like it, especially on vocals - so open and effortless.

Pretty please do an 1176 at this standard :¬)

Even better - a Fairchild :D
+1 for a 1176
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics View Post
Just wait for the next N4 engine fix from AA.
Now the cause of this bug is finally known and replicable.
FYI - I have been told by Acustica support that the sample rate problem is something that is not supported in N4 and it is not scheduled to be fixed. As an N4 developer, I hope you are in a position to pressure them to fix this bug.
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
FYI - I have been told by Acustica support that the sample rate problem is something that is not supported in N4 and it is not scheduled to be fixed. As an N4 developer, I hope you are in a position to pressure them to fix this bug.
Hi, we are daily in contact with AA and your statement as above is not confirmed.
I just spoke with the Tech Support and they declared:
"the sample rate change is a feature that we don't support at the moment, it's not BUG, we will work on this implementation next year (that means 2020) ... update date to be defined"

The official main advice from AA is to not change the DAW/driver sample rate while the session is opened.
For those that cannot recall even without changing the sample rate (mainly Cubase users, apparently), there is the workaround to downgrade to the N000 N4 version (PC) and L000 (Mac).

Further updates on this topic when possible.
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics View Post
Hi, we are daily in contact with AA and your statement as above is not confirmed.
I just spoke with the Tech Support and they declared:
"the sample rate change is a feature that we don't support at the moment, it's not BUG, we will work on this implementation next year (that means 2020) ... update date to be defined"

The official main advice from AA is to not change the DAW/driver sample rate while the session is opened.
For those that cannot recall even without changing the sample rate (mainly Cubase users, apparently), there is the workaround to downgrade to the N000 N4 version (PC) and L000 (Mac).

Further updates on this topic when possible.
With great respect to you and to Acustica, this is 100% a (very severe) bug and not anywhere near a feature. There is no way that a plugin losing settings when sample rate changes can be claimed otherwise by any plugin vendor on the planet, regardless of the complexity of their technology.

My ticket in the Acustica system where they said "We requested this feature to be implemented (if is possible) also into N4, but is not possible now due code development and time should be big and other developments are already in the queue." is #10776 . This is pretty clearly stating that it is not currently scheduled to be fixed.

Perhaps this is a miscommunication on their part.
Old 4th November 2019
Lives for gear

Getting sick of all the praise about this thing. Guess I’m going to have to activate another demo license - I barely touched it during the previous demo period
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
With great respect to you and to Acustica, this is 100% a (very severe) bug and not anywhere near a feature. There is no way that a plugin losing settings when sample rate changes can be claimed otherwise by any plugin vendor on the planet, regardless of the complexity of their technology.

My ticket in the Acustica system where they said "We requested this feature to be implemented (if is possible) also into N4, but is not possible now due code development and time should be big and other developments are already in the queue." is #10776 . This is pretty clearly stating that it is not currently scheduled to be fixed.

Perhaps this is a miscommunication on their part.
Confirmed that the thing will be implemented in the 2020.

In the meanwhile appeared this communication: http://acustica-audio.com/pages/n4-l...-clarification
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Getting sick of all the praise about this thing. Guess I’m going to have to activate another demo license - I barely touched it during the previous demo period
If you do...get ready to open your wallet after about 10 minutes of testing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
If you do...get ready to open your wallet after about 10 minutes of testing.
Well.. After 11 minutes, () I decided there wasn’t enough mojo for my taste on vocals. I tend to like compressors with a bit of attitude and Brighton seemed a bit polite and didn’t really thicken the tone as I would like.
Then - I discovered where I’d gone wrong. This lil’ sucker begs to be smashed and so I did (hard!). Wow - very impressed with .3 attack and fastest release. Think I managed -20db of gain reduction and this baby came alive. Very good... Similar aggression to the UAD 1176 Rev A but a bit more open and alive.

Testing will continue!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well.. After 11 minutes, () I decided there wasn’t enough mojo for my taste on vocals. I tend to like compressors with a bit of attitude and Brighton seemed a bit polite and didn’t really thicken the tone as I would like.
Then - I discovered where I’d gone wrong. This lil’ sucker begs to be smashed and so I did (hard!). Wow - very impressed with .3 attack and fastest release. Think I managed -20db of gain reduction and this baby came alive. Very good... Similar aggression to the UAD 1176 Rev A but a bit more open and alive.

Testing will continue!
Try the sidechain to 1k on vocals!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
Try the sidechain to 1k on vocals!
Will do!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Testing will continue!
Yeah it is crazy the amount of gain reduction this plugin can handle without getting choked. Sad thing is it makes some of my other plugins obsolete. Anyone want to buy some of my LA-2A plugins?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Hi guys!

Lacking time lately I wonder if you could help me here. What are your preferred applications with Brighton? I have to trial it again...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

vocal: .3 attack. fast release (depends on the vocal). sidechain 1k. between 10-15 db gr. transienst only sometimes, depends on the vocal. saturation also only sometimes, didnt touch the mix button ( - dont knw why, couldnt even remember there is one, maybe i should try that too )
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Vocals, drums, combined with Vari Mu like MDE. It works extremely well. I also still like light tube saturation, sounds convincing. Definitely one of the desert island compressors.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
vocal: .3 attack. fast release (depends on the vocal). sidechain 1k. between 10-15 db gr. transienst only sometimes, depends on the vocal. saturation also only sometimes, didnt touch the mix button ( - dont knw why, couldnt even remember there is one, maybe i should try that too )
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Vocals, drums, combined with Vari Mu like MDE. It works extremely well. I also still like light tube saturation, sounds convincing. Definitely one of the desert island compressors.
Yup!

Also try it on BG vocal bus.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

For the moment we found another workaround for Cubase (still to be tested for other DAWs) to have the recall of our plugins:

1) create your new mix at the desired samplerate (44.1/48/88.2/96Khz), then place our plugins and do your mix as usual.

2) if you're mixing at 44.1, don't worry, you're ok because it already supported.

3) if you mix instead different that 44.1 just remember to switch your project to the 44.1Khz samplerate, WITHOUT CONVERTING THE AUDIO FILES AND MOVING THEIR POSITIONS before saving the project.

4) when you will open the project again, just set it back from the initial 44.1Khz to your usual samplerate (i.e. 48khz). And everything should work.

Any different-system/DAW confirmation of this workaround is welcome.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin-london-acoustics-black-friday-banner-2019-hires-x-aa-04.jpg

Alright, we may have left it until the last minute, but we couldn’t not show you a little Black Friday and Cyber Monday love in 2019. So we are! From today Friday 29th November until 11:59pm on Monday 2nd December get a massive 30% off all of our plugins, including the newest Brighton Opto Tube Comp, trusted Osaka Mix EQ and our much-loved first born, Tokyo Tube EQ.

If there’s anything you’ve been hankering to add to your arsenal, now’s the perfect time.

Brighton normally €85 NOW €59,50

Osaka normally €70 NOW €49,00

Tokyo normally €70 NOW €49,00

http://www.londonacoustics.com/news/...-weekend-2019/
Attached Thumbnails
BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin-london-acoustics-black-friday-banner-2019-hires-x-aa-04.jpg  
Old 6 hours ago
Gear Addict

could somebody lead me to somewhere where it is explained to roll back to a earlier N4 Version?

Have recall problems with Brighton
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
could somebody lead me to somewhere where it is explained to roll back to a earlier N4 Version?

Have recall problems with Brighton
Start Acquarius, go to the "updates" menu, select N000 version from the dropdown menu at the right side of your N4 installation.
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
Start Acquarius, go to the "updates" menu, select N000 version from the dropdown menu at the right side of your N4 installation.
thanks very much, do I have to deinstall before I install the old version?
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
thanks very much, do I have to deinstall before I install the old version?
no need to uninstall first. The automatic Acquarius routine will do the downgrade correctly.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search