The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BRIGHTON OPTO TUBE COMP from London Acoustics, is out. - Official Acqua N4 plugin
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

setup is gone

Strange phenomenon with Brighton trial version: When I open the project (48 kHz) settings are recalled correctly. I press Play button and settings are gone... (Samplitude Pro/Win 10 latest)
Is that a trial issue only?
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastering7 View Post
Strange phenomenon with Brighton trial version: When I open the project (48 kHz) settings are recalled correctly. I press Play button and settings are gone... (Samplitude Pro/Win 10 latest)
Is that a trial issue only?
There is an N4 known bug on some systems about recall. Trying to replicate and solve, but the behaviour seems to be still a random thing.

Please open an official ticket on the AA website and share every detail you can of your system.
Many thanks.
More info, more chance to find the cause.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics View Post
There is an N4 known bug on some systems about recall. Trying to replicate and solve, but the behaviour seems to be still a random thing.

Please open an official ticket on the AA website and share every detail you can of your system.
Many thanks.
More info, more chance to find the cause.
I see, thanks!
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
I see, thanks!
Downgrade N4 to N000, it's the latest one that works.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Thanks! How can I do that?
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks! How can I do that?
This can be done in Aquarius in the Updates tab you could select older version from a drop down. They have an issue with their data center so Aquarius doesn't seem to be working now though.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
This can be done in Aquarius in the Updates tab you could select older version from a drop down. They have an issue with their data center so Aquarius doesn't seem to be working now though.
I see, thanks anyway.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Quote:
I see, thanks anyway.
As temporary workaround it can work, but please always SEND tickets with your issue and full description of your system to AA in order to give them/us all the possible informations to fix once for all this bug. Thanks.

Of course having the latest N4 version working would be better... the N000 cant last forever.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
As temporary workaround it can work, but please always SEND tickets with your issue and full description of your system to AA in order to give them/us all the possible informations to fix once for all this bug. Thanks.

Of course having the latest N4 version working would be better... the N000 cant last forever.
Sure!
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear

Hey guys today I reopened a project and I see Brighton doesn't keep the settings of the last saved session a couple of days ago.
I've read that VIRGO has the same problem and the suggestion is to downgrade the N4.
Will there be a fix on this issue anytime soon?
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Hey guys today I reopened a project and I see Brighton doesn't keep the settings of the last saved session a couple of days ago.
I've read that VIRGO has the same problem and the suggestion is to downgrade the N4.
Will there be a fix on this issue anytime soon?
It is still a sort of mystery because AA customer care is not able to replicate it and, internal, we have very similar systems that behave differently, i.e. one that retains settings and the other one not.
All we know for now is that this issue is related strictly to Steinberg Cubase.
Often, As we can see from your signatures, along with Reaper installed too (but Reaper recalls correctly).

We tried to clean-reinstall Cubase, removing possible old versions, and also resintalling new from scratch N4 and our plugins.
Removing all the other plugins in the VST folder.
And also to clean-reisntall the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries, and switching off all the third party services in Windows and copying the services and drivers from the working laptop.

Still nothing for now.

The behavior is that the plugin interface is correctly recalled when the cubase project is opened, but suddently after barely 1-2 seconds, all the knobs go back to default positions, and in Brighton there is a "peak" to -30db on the VU meter needle.

So, please, when you have this issue, before acting the engine downgrade, open an official ticket in the AA board and try to give all your system and bug -details, in order to make us and AA able to solve this puzzle.
Old 13th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
It is still a sort of mystery because AA customer care is not able to replicate it and, internal, we have very similar systems that behave differently, i.e. one that retains settings and the other one not.
Often, As we can see from your signatures, along with Reaper installed too (but Reaper recalls correctly).
This is not the case with me..

I use Reaper on a Mac (Mojave 10.14.6), and occasionally, but not always, Brighton does not recall settings. On any project with Brighton on tracks, I have to play the song, open each instance of Brighton, and check that the meters are showing level movement.

As I said, settings are not always retained, but I save each instance as a Reaper preset and if I see the settings have not been recalled, even though the preset name is showing, I select the preset name again, and Brighton resets and the preset is recovered.

This has been the case for me since owning the plugin. I'm using the latest version of N4.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

We tried to clean-reinstall Cubase, removing possible old versions, and also resintalling new from scratch N4 and our plugins.
And also to clean-reisntall the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries, and switching off all the third party services in Windows and copying the services and drivers from the working laptop.

Still nothing for now.

The behavior is that the plugin interface is correctly recalled when the cubase project is opened, but suddently after barely 1-2 seconds, all the knobs go back to default positions, and in Brighton there is a "peak" to -30db on the VU meter needle.

So, please, when you have this issue, before acting the engine downgrade, open an official ticket in the AA board and try to give all your system and bug -details, in order to make us and AA able to solve this puzzle.
It's very strange because I have Brighton from the first day using it very often and this issue appeared just the last week.
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
It's very strange because I have Brighton from the first day using it very often and this issue appeared just the last week.
Did you buy or update any AA or/and third party plugins? Or any OS update? Drivers? New apps?
Do you can isolate any action that gave then the issue?
Many thanks in advance.
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did you buy or update any AA or/and London Acoustics plugins? Or any OS update? Drivers? New apps?
Do you can isolate any action that gave then the issue?
Many thanks in advance.
I have all Acquas so I did the recent updates, Sand 3 & Diamond 3.
Also last month I did update Cubase Pro to the latest 10.0.40 but I think Brighton did recall correctly the settings after the update (but I’m not 100% sure though).
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post
This is not the case with me..

I use Reaper on a Mac (Mojave 10.14.6), and occasionally, but not always, Brighton does not recall settings. On any project with Brighton on tracks, I have to play the song, open each instance of Brighton, and check that the meters are showing level movement.

As I said, settings are not always retained, but I save each instance as a Reaper preset and if I see the settings have not been recalled, even though the preset name is showing, I select the preset name again, and Brighton resets and the preset is recovered.

This has been the case for me since owning the plugin. I'm using the latest version of N4.

Thanks,
Larry
No Cubase installed in your system?
Is your "nebulatemprepository" a custom folder name?
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No Cubase installed in your system?
Is your "nebulatemprepository" a custom folder name?
I have never installed Cubase and I have made no changes to the default install locations or names.

Thanks,
LC
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Important question: did you change your usual 44.1khz bitrate to something else before start to having recall issues?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Important question: did you change your usual 44.1khz bitrate to something else before start to having recall issues?
Well... you rock!
Indeed, the projects of the last week was recorded and mixed at 48khz instead of 44.1khz which I'm usually working on.
So what could mean this? Why the problem at 48khz sample rate?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Well, this is weird : I am affected by the "not recalling settings" bug, but have updated N4 to the later version (R010) to do some tests (I'm on Win7 x64, Cubase 10 Pro + Reaper last versions).

I noticed that working at a samplerate of 44.1kHz, the bug disappears on Cubase ! But on projects at 48, 88.2 or 96, the bug is still there...

I've played with samplerates on Reaper too, and it seems more random... most of the times the settings are recalled, but sometimes not... curiously, the bug has only appeared on the N4 VST2 instances, not on the VST3 instances.

Isn't it strange ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This is the important information that needs to be sent directly to AA support ... whether you hear back from them or not.

Details. Do not assume 'they' know what system or settings you are using.

Remember .... although we may get comments posted here that might be considered 'supportive' ... it still needs to be reported to AA direct.

We deal with this in Beta-testing ... and not just with AA. I can only test with the system/configuration that I have, as other testers do.

just my 1/2 cent.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
This is the important information that needs to be sent directly to AA support ... whether you hear back from them or not.

Details. Do not assume 'they' know what system or settings you are using.

Remember .... although we may get comments posted here that might be considered 'supportive' ... it still needs to be reported to AA direct.

We deal with this in Beta-testing ... and not just with AA. I can only test with the system/configuration that I have, as other testers do.

just my 1/2 cent.
I think we found the key of the problem, and AA was already informed.
Thanks also for this debug to Franci Zabukowski that yesterday, via FB messenger, helped a lot <3
So, stay tuned for further news
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I've already sent a report to AA one month ago, along with a Cubase project using Acqua libraries, my Aquarius settings and my nebulatemprepository folder.

They answered me that they have been able to partially reproduce the behavior with N4 release R010, and they have reported the problem to their development team

They told me to move the nebula repository to the C: drive (it is on another SSD drive), but I have no place on C: (Nebula repository is full of gigas from Olonga, AlexB and Tim's libraries), so I prefered to downgrade to N000 and leave the repository on its own drive.

I have just re-opened my ticket to tell them this samplerate story
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Acustica Audio is already informed about this samplerate thing, then it's not necessary to open several tickets on the same topic. Please, avoid unwanted saturation of tickets... Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

good to hear.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Still nothing for now.

I came here from the DiBiQuadro thread. I'd like to also confirm that this is happening in REAPER for me with Virgo. No other DAW installed. When I first open the project, settings are recalled. When I click play, within a second or two, all my settings change. Acustica support has so far been great and responsive in my open ticket for this.

As a result of seeing samplerate discussions here, I tried something.

My project is saved at 48. When REAPER opens without a project, it is at 44.1 by default, so the samplerate will change to match the project. Settings are recalled, click play, settings change as described above.

So, I re-opened the offending project and saved the project setting samplerate to 44.1. Saved, closed and re-opened. Settings are recalled, click play and it works! It does NOT flip to other settings.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
I came here from the DiBiQuadro thread. I'd like to also confirm that this is happening in REAPER for me with Virgo. No other DAW installed. When I first open the project, settings are recalled. When I click play, within a second or two, all my settings change. Acustica support has so far been great and responsive in my open ticket for this.

As a result of seeing samplerate discussions here, I tried something.

My project is saved at 48. When REAPER opens without a project, it is at 44.1 by default, so the samplerate will change to match the project. Settings are recalled, click play, settings change as described above.

So, I re-opened the offending project and saved the project setting samplerate to 44.1. Saved, closed and re-opened. Settings are recalled, click play and it works! It does NOT flip to other settings.
Just wait for the next N4 engine fix from AA.
Now the cause of this bug is finally known and replicable.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just wait for the next N4 engine fix from AA.
Now the cause of this bug is finally known and replicable.
Having the same issue in Studio One on Mac OS 10.11.6.
Looking forward to the update.
Great compressor!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I don't have Cubase and my issue is with Ableton.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I do hope this is fixed soon, I've been avoiding using this comp with great restraint (only printing with it) due to the recall issue for a long while now.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search