The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NoiseAsh Releases Need 31102 Console Eq
Old 18th June 2019
Gear Nut

Software NoiseAsh Releases Need 31102 Console Eq

NEED 31102 CONSOLE EQ

The Iconic 8068 console. It's 31102 preamp/eq has been used to mix many hit records for years. Guns N' Roses, Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Metallica...etc. 31102 console eq is the next step of the 1073 evolution.

NoiseAsh Audio is proud to present one of the new generaton true analog collection plugins. Need 31102 Console Eq.

With Same character. Enhanced with a great modern workflow. The Need 31102 is holding each small detail and true vintage tone of the original unit.

Need 31102 opens up the sound with it's unique signature behaviour and legendary musical curves without sounding harsh. Tighten up kicks with signature attitude, boost the treble with legendary zero-harshness tone. Give all of the tracks personality with adding color and dimension.

Innovative cutting-edge NoiseAsh technology procedures have been used in order to give the reality with a very light CPU usage and maximum accurate Anti-Aliasing Analog tone behaviour. We've expanded the original 3 band EQ unit with an extra mid band, so you will have a 4 band Need 31102 console eq. NoiseAsh Mid / Side processing engine has been added to let you apply individual equalization to mid and side stereo content individually. User friendly GUI workflow will provide an inspiring, effective and fast performance. Also we're introducing a brand new breath. Tutorials! Useful built-in tutorials will be everyone's friend.

Well-known famous sheen tone, signature musicality, vintage analog saturation and re-arranged easy workflow will enhance the tone-shaping process flawlessly.

The Need 31102! Iconic console tone, has been reborn.

AVAILABLE FORMATS

WINDOWS: VST/AAX (both 32&64 bit)
MAC: VST/AU/AAX

SPECIFICATIONS

Truly accurate circuit reproduction of the famous classic console eq / preamp unit.
Second mid band enhancement.
Original Mic Pre-Amp model with "Drive Mode" in 80 dB range (From 10 dB to 80 dB).
Unique, sweet, signature analog behavior of total harmonic distortion.
Complex legendary interaction between filters with smooth and musical curves.
Anti-Aliasing Engine with Oversampling option.
Mid / Side, Stereo, Mono-Sum, Left and Right channel procesing matrix.
Friend of CPU.
Built-in Tutorials.
Effective Resizable GUI workflow.

NEED 31102 CONSOLE EQ (Intro Price : $59.9 / Regular : $119.9): https://www.noiseash.com/need-31102-console-eq/

Old 18th June 2019
Lives for gear
Not sure if you noticed but in your presentation video the source code is actually a part of the Linux kernel
Old 18th June 2019
Gear Guru

Old 18th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
aussi.

And thanks to the NoiseAsh team for the Rule-Tec update too !
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
I downloaded the demo !

I noticed that it is impossible to use it in parallel. It create phase issues with the original source (most of the time cancelling out the highs).
I noticed the same with your EQP1A by the way. Even without oversampling (for the Neve).

I don't know why but I wanted to report.

I tried in Pro Tools and Reaper.

P.S. : I am sorry to be "that guy", but in the video demo, most of the example sound very harsh. I have to admit I haven't a lot of experience with that Neve desk, but I noticed when I worked on it that the EQ had to be used with care as it is quite aggressive to start with (like most of the old Neve EQ to me, listen to the highs of a 1073 for instance). I don't know if you can solve that :/.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
I downloaded the demo !

I noticed that it is impossible to use it in parallel. It create phase issues with the original source (most of the time cancelling out the highs).
I noticed the same with your EQP1A by the way. Even without oversampling (for the Neve).

I don't know why but I wanted to report.

I tried in Pro Tools and Reaper.

P.S. : I am sorry to be "that guy", but in the video demo, most of the example sound very harsh. I have to admit I haven't a lot of experience with that Neve desk, but I noticed when I worked on it that the EQ had to be used with care as it is quite aggressive to start with (like most of the old Neve EQ to me, listen to the highs of a 1073 for instance). I don't know if you can solve that :/.
Uploading a video as i type , and this eq has cojones for sure to the limit of harsness , but i like its attitude , it's a console eq and ready to shape ... in that regard it's supperior than the 1073 witch is more about tone /....

In my video i kinda pushed it but you will also see what this can brings /...
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quite harsh highs to my ears.
Phase issues are trendy? Had this with RoyalCompressor already.

The attempt is very welcomed, will watch for fixes and potential new demo.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru

I cut at 18K and then boost , try this @ omkar ... but like i said it's not a maag , pultec or at BAX eq , it's an SSL 4000 from neve in my ears !!
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru

EQ with an Attitude

Here we go guyz , i'm driving it kinda hard to see if like a console EQ we can make drastic moves to clean or boost and be still musical !!

1) Plugin Tour
2) Sound of the drive !!
3) Stereo tweak on a full track
4) Mid Side processing
5) Conlusions !!

Thks for watching !!
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Cheers Jeezo, my problem is I don`t hear a 8068 console at this stage.
I would be very fine with a "inspired by" plus modern mixing features.

Happy to demo yet when phase issue resolved
and of course will watch your vid! Let`s say right now ...
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar View Post
Cheers Jeezo, my problem is I don`t hear a 8068 console at this stage.
I would be very fine with a "inspired by" plus modern mixing features.

Happy to demo yet when phase issue resolved
and of course will watch your vid! Let`s say right now ...
Fair , i don't have any experience with this one so i would not comment on how close or not ....

By the way i was a little tired (you can feel in the video ) , so sorry if you feel it in the video
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Uploading a video as i type , and this eq has cojones for sure to the limit of harsness , but i like its attitude , it's a console eq and ready to shape ... in that regard it's supperior than the 1073 witch is more about tone /....

In my video i kinda pushed it but you will also see what this can brings /...
This EQ has serious "cojones" as you said indeed. It is very aggressive.

When I mentioned the 1073 it was to make the parallel with it regarding the harshness of the high boost.
I always found that most of the old Neve EQ have that toughness when boosting the highs with them.
Useful when you need it, but clearly not an all-arounder for me .

I used it in a mixing session and I have to admit it is good fun to use and yield good results quickly if you know what you want. I ended using it on more tracks than I thought initially.

The preamp requires a bit of tweaking for gain staging once engaged (except when using the "Drive" knob). But nothing to write a home about.

Looking forward to see if the phase issues will be solved as I can see how it would cool in parallel when saturating the pres (super aggressive).
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
By the way i was a little tired (you can feel in the video ) , so sorry if you feel it in the video
It`s well done as always,
a noticeable alteration may appear while a girlie crawls your neck.
Give it a go and let`s meter the achievable quality loss.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
It`s well done as always,
a noticeable alteration may appear while a girlie crawls your neck.
Give it a go and let`s meter the achievable quality loss.
Thks for the kind words ... talking bout the eq it , i could also call the video : not for kids ..... indeed like wheelie said , it s fast to build up a good mix when used right ... like i already said i feel autority ( i don t like to use those snobbish terms , but this is what comes in mind ..)

At least a type of eq that i don t have already ten of this kind !!
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
This EQ has serious "cojones" as you said indeed. It is very aggressive.

When I mentioned the 1073 it was to make the parallel with it regarding the harshness of the high boost.
I always found that most of the old Neve EQ have that toughness when boosting the highs with them.
Useful when you need it, but clearly not an all-arounder for me .

I used it in a mixing session and I have to admit it is good fun to use and yield good results quickly if you know what you want. I ended using it on more tracks than I thought initially.

The preamp requires a bit of tweaking for gain staging once engaged (except when using the "Drive" knob). But nothing to write a home about.

Looking forward to see if the phase issues will be solved as I can see how it would cool in parallel when saturating the pres (super aggressive).
Watching on my phone, the samples on the video is a bit harsh indeed. I also cannot hear an analog character from the video. Ill demo it later. But really it has phase issues? Also the pultec? Uh oh
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Quite harsh highs to my ears.
Phase issues are trendy? Had this with RoyalCompressor already.

The attempt is very welcomed, will watch for fixes and potential new demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Watching on my phone, the samples on the video is a bit harsh indeed. I also cannot hear an analog character from the video. Ill demo it later. But really it has phase issues? Also the pultec? Uh oh
Personally I couldn’t careless about the phase cancellation. I never use eq on parrallel. So if it sounds good, that’s ALL THAT MATTERS to me. It’s not like build up of noise which you indeed need to be mindful about.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexishere View Post
Personally I couldn’t careless about the phase cancellation. I never use eq on parrallel. So if it sounds good, that’s ALL THAT MATTERS to me. It’s not like build up of noise which you indeed need to be mindful about.
Yeah I've never heard of anyone using a EQ in parallel. Maybe if your using an effect like parallel compression or a doubler and you want to filter off highs and lows afterward it can be helpful.

Also, if your isolating a specific frequency with a parametric EQ or filter that you want to process in a very specific manner, which can be really really cool and interesting when done in parallel. This is actually something I've been experimenting with A LOT lately and it can really yield some great and interesting results.

But this EQ in parallel? Id like someone to give me a good reason why you would be doing this.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell View Post
But this EQ in parallel? Id like someone to give me a good reason why you would be doing this.
Aggressive EQs in parallel are often used for high boosts, vocals etc. Often driven at the same time for some saturation.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Aggressive EQs in parallel are often used good for high boosts (vocals etc).
Insteresting, I’ve never heard of anyone doing this. May I ask what your EQ of choice is for this technique?
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut

Hi everyone

• About the harsh EQ Opinions;
Actually 31102 isn't a harsh eq. Just the opposite, acording to most of the engineers it's so musical and non-harsh eq. You can search user's opinions. This plugin has the signature attidute of the original Neve's. You can check the original unit or at least UAD version (that version doesn't have pre also). You will hear the same exact behaviour. However, we could have exaggerated the tone adjustments in the demonstration video in order to show the sound, but don't let this make you think like that

• About EQ Phase Opinions;
Actually it depends on your perspective that it is an issue or a side effect of a feature. Every single analog EQ causes phase by every adjustment because it is about moving a phase of a frequency.

You can read this article to learn about it: http://ethanwiner.com/EQPhase.html

If this plugin would have 0 latency, (that means this plugin must sacrifice some dsp features for the original analog sound) you would think it sounds digital and bad. Also it has a good balance about CPU efficiency - even high Oversampling rates. For us, a plugin must have 3 important balances. These are "Sound - CPU-efficiency - Price". If a plugin catches this features with an optimum good balance, then that's just the way it is
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Insteresting, I’ve never heard of anyone doing this. May I ask what your EQ of choice is for this technique?
I don't use the technique myself (prefer a serial EQ with saturation via another plugin), saw it via a famous/pro mixer.

I *think* it was an SSL plugin they were using, high passed with a very aggressive EQ push (+7dB) which was then deessed.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
I don't use the technique myself (prefer a serial EQ with saturation via another plugin), saw it via a famous/pro mixer.

I *think* it was an SSL plugin they were using, high passed with a very aggressive EQ push (+7dB) which was then deessed.
Yeah, I don’t see myself using this technique myself either. The way you’re explaining it, it doesn’t seem necessary to me or make much sense to be honest. Maybe I’m just dumb lol.
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear
The EQ inducing phase cancellations happened without using the EQ itself ! Just putting the plugin on the insert shift the phase and generate cancellation.
I use analog EQs (software and hardware) and I cannot say that this is something normal.

Why I use this plugin in parallel ? I wanted to use its saturation in parallel. Not even the EQ but just trying the saturation to see. Then I noticed the phase cancellation and I noted it was also the case with the Pultec when I put it instead to see if the plugin is "faulty" or if it was my routing that was weird.

I then tried in a Repear session, only 2 tracks. With one track and one duplicated track. And without any processing I noticed that the highs-high-mid had been cancelled out. It is not happening with any of my other plugins or even analog EQs.

Regarding the character of the EQ, I always found old Neve EQ to be quite aggressive especially on the high-end.
We cannot deny this is the case of this EQ here. It's not a bad thing tho'. But it's not about the video review, it's the sound of it. As Jeezo said, very far from a Maag (which is to me a soft sounding EQ) for example.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut

Until when, will it be the introduction price?
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

All fine @ Jeezo @ alexishere ,
we all have different criteria at which point we bite on new plugin releases
and let`s be honest, sooner or later we bite into some apples, don`t we?

If dist, eq, comp etc. in parallel isn`t your need or usage ... perfect!

@ NoiseAsh ,
the known phase of eq`s isn`t causing the query,
you may want to check why the very instantiation of the unit is having phase issues in parallel.
Some news in that regard would give me a go for a demo.
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
It's pretty common practice AFAIK.
The Kush Audio Clariphonic is a good example of a parallel eq, Sonoris also has a parallel EQ.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Guru
Great to see more emulated gear and an iconic eq! The Pultec is wonderful.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by method1 View Post
It's pretty common practice AFAIK.
The Kush Audio Clariphonic is a good example of a parallel eq, Sonoris also has a parallel EQ.
That's a different kind of "parallel".
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
That's a different kind of "parallel".
How so?
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by method1 View Post
How so?
"Parallel EQ" is a topology where each band independently processes the signal in parallel to the other bands, and then the signal is summed at the output. TDR Nova is a good example of this. It has no relation to "parallel processing" in the context of this discussion i.e. using gear/plugins in parallel and blending back dry signal.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search