The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin
Old 21st June 2019
Here for the gear

@ Gregg

I'm a big fan of Output products, but the sticker shock was strong on this one!

"FYI- we were the first music company to offer full returns on our products, no questions asked - a trend that's starting to make way across the industry."

It is a legal requirement under distance selling rules that you give people a 14 day no questions asked return policy. If you don't inform them of this right clearly, then they get a further 12 months. You're not offering your customers anything extra or over and above, all you're doing is informing people of a pre-existing legal consumer right. Check Native Instruments, Ableton etc and they all have this clearly listed for years in their terms and conditions.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...onditions-inc/
Old 21st June 2019
Gear Head

initially I hesitated but eventually folded and very glad that I did. its very inspiring for audio manipulation and perfect for modern production and also has a lot of useable presets to showcase what is capable, which is a lot. As someone mentioned earlier, the demos online do not do this plugin justice at all.

Last edited by alienaircraft; 23rd June 2019 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: wrote a longer review
Old 23rd June 2019
Here for the gear

I tested bunch of amazing multi fx vst like byome, triad, molekular, tantra and many of reaktor stuff but I think I never had so much fun and worklow speed up like with this one. amazing plugin and it's price 100% justified
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Addict

Wicked plugin! Lovin' it! I hope we'll see some Simon Stockhausen videos soon.

Last edited by man in the house; 23rd June 2019 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 24th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house View Post
I hope we'll see some Simon Stockhausen videos soon.
Agreed.
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear

Am loving the tight Latch Tracking when writing LPX Automation. Thank you!
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Ray View Post
@ Gregg

"FYI- we were the first music company to offer full returns on our products, no questions asked - a trend that's starting to make way across the industry."

It is a legal requirement under distance selling rules that you give people a 14 day no questions asked return policy. If you don't inform them of this right clearly, then they get a further 12 months. You're not offering your customers anything extra or over and above, all you're doing is informing people of a pre-existing legal consumer right. Check Native Instruments, Ableton etc and they all have this clearly listed for years in their terms and conditions.

Do you have a source for this?
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Ray View Post
@ Gregg

This is simply not true for digital download products, at least not in the EU.
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_time_lurker View Post
This is simply not true for digital download products, at least not in the EU.
This is all I can find:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ts-regulations

Cancelling digital downloads

The Consumer Contracts Regulations contain specific provisions for digital content.

Retailers mustn’t supply digital content, such as music or software downloads, within the 14 day cancellation period, unless the consumer has given their express consent to this happening.

The consumer must also acknowledge that once the download starts they will lose their right to cancel.

If a consumer doesn’t give their consent, they have to wait until the cancellation period has ended before they can download the digital content.

This is to ensure the digital content is what you want before downloading it.
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

I wonder just how much of this I can achieve with Byome. Nonetheless, having something like this is definitely worth its value.

It's on my wish list.
Old 27th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Output View Post
Gregg Lehrman here from Output. First a warm thank you to all of our customers ... We're excited about Portal and yes, anyone that's purchased a previous product will find a custom price in their account.

Gregg - Founder & CEO - Output
Hi Gregg, really interested to get Portal. Unfortunately, I don't see that custom price in my account. I own two paid Output products that I can also see under 'Order's. Still, on Checkout it's full price. Do I need to find a coupon somewhere or should this work automatically?
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 29th June 2019
Lives for gear

I've been using it for the past few days and i'm loving it.

Great UI and control, the latter which being something I find is sometimes an issue with grain based effects plugins. The presets are numerous, varied and well categorized, and there's a load that sound great and highly usable off the bat for me.

I've used Movement for years and like that, it's got the great XY control which can add such interest to the effect via automation unlike usual multi-FX plugins unless you do some complex macros, but that can be real workflow killer so better to have it as part of the effect plugin/preset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprey View Post
I don't see what's so mindblowing about this, granular synthesis isn't new, except that this is a FX plugin. But basically you can get the same result with something like Valhalla Delay which only costs 1/3. The demo video seems to confirm my suspicions.
Valhalla Delay is great but not really anything like this. For a start it's granular resynthesis based and can do loads of things Valhalla Delay doesn't.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

$26 @ MusiciansFriend if you’re quick at the draw:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-...lar-fx-plug-in
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Thank You!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Noooooo. Missed out it seems. Or maybe it’s a country thing, Yeah i’d hate Australia too!! Out government violates the rights of refugees and have a shockingly bad climate change plan!!

But this is just a plugin guys.

Well, they are doing a 20% off deal now. Which is about as good as it gets at Output, outside of buying the bundle. Might look into that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I just noticed yesterday that this is available on Splice as rent-to-own. 3-day trial and 10 bux per month for 15 months after that. You can pause your subscription at any time and continue where you left later if you want. I went for it and had a quick demo yesterday, seems really promising! I have been looking for granular processing software for a long time and haven't found what I liked, but this might be it! Have to spend more time on it today.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Bought it a couple of days ago and I'm amazed at what it can do. Excellent GUI, it all works smooth as silk and quite light on CPU load.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Do you typically run Output's products on the VE host? I've not yet tried that (and don't want to have to operate that way, but it's worth testing). I only know that we're batting .000 at our PT facilities -- in multiple locations with varying configurations -- with the possible exception of Signal which behaves more normally, likely because we use it very lightly.
man, we had a baby and I haven't had much time for shooting the breeze on the forums

to answer your question, way late, yes, I use VEPro for all my VIs including Output

Did you ever get your setup working? Did Gregg help you out?

*also, for what it's worth, I can't imagine not using VEPro now. Loading a massive template and leaving it up across sessions, templates, spreading out system resources/CPU efficiency, VI farming across multiple computers. It's an incredible tool if you're using a lot of VIs.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search