The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio Introduces the Bass Fingers Plugin
Old 29th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwave View Post
Seems easier just to play a real bass.
Every time I decide to get a bass and learn it one of these libraries comes along and distracts me from that. Such a creature of convenience I am.
Old 29th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
Such a creature of convenience I am.
Or inconvenience.

I hear ya! Many good tools dropping these days.
Old 30th June 2019
Gear Addict

Does anyone know what the overdrive pedal based on?
Old 30th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
Does anyone know what the overdrive pedal based on?
It's not an emulation of anything in particular, if that's what you're asking.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
Lots of funk and nu-disco type stuff still uses slap and pops and pulls. When people think of slap bass, most think of Level 42, but I always hated that amount of slap.
It's not common, granted, but there are uses. Even just thumping it can get you a bit of milage. Sure as hell got the Chilli Peppers a lot of milage!!

It's generally not a done thing if you're only interested in rock, metal though.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
oh, I see I can edit the key switches to any position!
Not just that, there's pretty much most of the controls you see on screen can be switched using the key switcher. It's very customisable from a. performance perspective.
Old 18th July 2019
Gear Nut

Is the sound better than the Logic X bass player?
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpaMusik View Post
Is the sound better than the Logic X bass player?
Didn't know Logic had a bass player? Has drummers and percussionists, but has bass been added now?
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Didn't know Logic had a bass player? Has drummers and percussionists, but has bass been added now?
How could a garage band (pro) be complete without one?
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Just don't tell the bass player he's essential.

We can't have them thinking they're anywhere near as relevant as guitarists, keyboardists and drummers now, can we?

Full disclosure:
Bass player here.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
How could a garage band (pro) be complete without one?
So where is it?
Old 18th July 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Bass synth ... sampler with "realistic" bass sounds
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpaMusik View Post
Bass synth ... sampler with "realistic" bass sounds
Oh, there are a few decent bass sounds in Logic for sure but none are great.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
So where is it?
Jaysus... don't ask me. I was just cracking a 'garage band" kind of joke.

I'd say Logic Pro (X) has just as good a Bass player as every other DAW. My recomendation: DI it through a 5k+ channel, and throw a couple of mics on the cabinet for safety.

N E V E R opt for inbuilt. Garage Band will do if that's the avenue.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

That's nice Waves.. Will be adding!
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Jaysus... don't ask me. I was just cracking a 'garage band" kind of joke.

I'd say Logic Pro (X) has just as good a Bass player as every other DAW. My recomendation: DI it through a 5k+ channel, and throw a couple of mics on the cabinet for safety.

N E V E R opt for inbuilt. Garage Band will do if that's the avenue.
No player, but it does have bass loops or bass instruments. Wish it did have a bass player like the drummer though as the drummer is very useful.
Old 5th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh, there are a few decent bass sounds in Logic for sure but none are great.
Yeah, I’ve found Logic to only have some basic patches. There’s nothing terribly wrong with them, especially if you pair it up with Bass Amp Designer. That is until you start noticing the key switching or you’re in need of articulations or a level of expression not available.

It’s very difficult getting subtlety from midi velocity that only has 127 values, or having to hit a key switch before you want a specific articulation. Although Waves does a good job at giving you the tools required to set up your bass and it’s expression in a way that is most suitable for the playing style and song at hand... given the inherent limitations of working with midi.

Given modern music productions Fingers is more useful than Slapper, although, there will be a time when Slapper becomes handy.
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, wish I had learnt about this release earlier. I guess it's byebye to MODO. Love the Waves company, always providing the goods 75% cheaper than any others. Amazing company.
Old 9th November 2019
Gear Head

Hi Guys,

I have been putting up with the long loading times i am having with Bass fingers and just thought i would ask if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

I just opened an instance of Bass fingers and timed how long it takes to load the HD samples. This was timed at 2minutes15 seconds. Anyone else get this. Is this normal.

Thanks
Old 9th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAnthony View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been putting up with the long loading times i am having with Bass fingers and just thought i would ask if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

I just opened an instance of Bass fingers and timed how long it takes to load the HD samples. This was timed at 2minutes15 seconds. Anyone else get this. Is this normal.

Thanks
Two minutes sounds very long to me! Here on an SSD (Macbook pro internal drive) it loads in about 2 seconds...
Old 9th November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I have loads of Waves stuff but haven't got this one. However, in the new Waves Central you can change the sample location to an external drive which will help on loading times (if you don't all ready do this).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Already have it on an external drive where i keep all my samples. Everything else loads fine. Guess i'll have to continue using the wait time to make a cup of tea!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I have a similar experience. Though any subsequent instance is negligible. So clearly it must be all referencing the same “memory”. That’s helpful, but not as much as a quicker initial load time.

It’s slower than Slapper too. The only thing I can think of is it requires more samples. I do wonder whether it has to be decompressed on load. That could explain a few things.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search