The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 4 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

They won't - across all these years and two companies it has become painfully obvious that Igor has no interest in that... if something fails - a development of his or a company - he simply moves on to the next thing... and this strategy proved and still proves to work for him quite well in some way... it does because in some ways his stuff is good enough to still be desirable enough for enough customers and enough retailers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. View Post
They won't - across all these years and two companies it has become painfully obvious that Igor has no interest in that... if something fails - a development of his or a company - he simply moves on to the next thing... and this strategy proved and still proves to work for him quite well in some way... it does because in some ways his stuff is good enough to still be desirable enough for enough customers and enough retailers.
True, except this time Antelope is getting called out far more publicly they can't hide, and being dropped by major reputable retailers, on and on the downward spiral. This extended exposure of their pathetic practices, with their often demeaning responses of 'wool over your eyes' and 'lip service' to promises not kept is going to nail their coffin.

I'm one of the few around who cataloged 'a fresh customer experience' as a new Antelope customer, and I've given them far more than the benefit of the doubt. Virtually a step by step personal experience on their Discrete series and Modeled Mic here on GS threads -- providing a mature and honest, non-biased feedback where applicable. They've had ample opportunity and time to turn things around. There's a part of me who still believes they can, but their environment is run by a bunch of incompetents who have no idea what professionalism is supposed to look like.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Antelope is back to censoring users who call them out. Can't locate the post I made with the screenshot of Plamen admitting that windows AFX2DAW is no longer being developed. They updated their launcher but the control panel still disconnects when turning wifi on/off as it has done since it's inception. I should probably stop inquiring before they have me banned from this thread as well
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Very unfortunate. My wallet has zero fear when I see Antelope products these days.

Never happening.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Wow...I guess it would be safer to go the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Mkii Thunderbolt route for similar latency?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

More depth!

Just sold my old great German audio converter. Now bought and using the Antelope Discrete synergy core, I have more definition and depth. Specially as a bass player ;-)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbob65 View Post
Just sold my old great German audio converter. Now bought and using the Antelope Discrete synergy core, I have more definition and depth. Specially as a bass player ;-)
I see that Antelope is at it again. Nice first post. How long have you worked for Antelope?
Old 21 hours ago
Company Rep

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
I see that Antelope is at it again. Nice first post. How long have you worked for Antelope?
Hello Quint,

Unfortunately you are mistaken and Bassbob65 does not work for us. People who work at Antelope Audio have a representative badge like I do.

We have recently encouraged our users to share their experience with our devices on the Gearslutz forum which is why new people have signed up here.

I believe we should all be welcoming new users instead of attacking them...
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
People who work at Antelope Audio have a representative badge like I do.
It's a very handsome badge, too... congratulations.
Quote:
We have recently encouraged our users to share their experience... which is why new people have signed up here.
We got the low-down already. Positive review == free plugin.

Was it a successful campaign, Dan?

As a long time member here, and elsewhere, I've always found the very-first-post, quid pro quo/glowing review for a plugin/discount etc... to be a little tacky and self-defeating; I'm not sure it benefits a company to have a bunch of parrots essentially spamming the board for a cheap shiny trinket in return.

Conversely... I think new members are generally welcomed warmly when they are interacting with others... not spamming them.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Maniac

When I first got my Zen Tour, I was also encouraged to come here and share my impressions, which were initially very good.
It was expressed to me that the naysayers were just internet trolls that needed to be countered...
Now I imagine that they are saying that I am the internet troll and sending new customers here to defend their reputation against their old customers. Hilarious in its irony.
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hello Quint,

Unfortunately you are mistaken and Bassbob65 does not work for us. People who work at Antelope Audio have a representative badge like I do.

We have recently encouraged our users to share their experience with our devices on the Gearslutz forum which is why new people have signed up here.

Regarding ethics, there seems to be everything all wrong with your company and you only keep apalling more and more current and potential customers (and business partners too, I assume). it's both funny and sad that you totally do not seem to realize this. Keep digging that grave if you must.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello Quint,

Nope. Not buying any of this. Employee, incentivised customer, whatever. Call it what you want.

The fact remains that Antelope has been playing this game way too long. Do you really expect anyone to take a bunch of first time posters with glowing reviews of Antelope products seriously?
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
When I first got my Zen Tour, I was also encouraged to come here and share my impressions, which were initially very good.
It was expressed to me that the naysayers were just internet trolls that needed to be countered...
Now I imagine that they are saying that I am the internet troll and sending new customers here to defend their reputation against their old customers. Hilarious in its irony.
This is actually scary, and quite telling. I remember having a few harsh words for Antelope in a thread a few years ago (around when the first line of Discrete interfaces came out), particularly towards their severe lack of ethics and integrity. I distinctly remember a fellow member not taking it too well, and he stood up for AA. I can't recall the user's name (I believe he posted in this thread as well, in the first few pages), but we both had the same dilemma at the time.

To make a long story short, I went with Audient and he went with Antelope. Unfortunately, he made the wrong gamble and was very vocal about his issues and disappointments a few months later. AA made a lot of promises they didn't keep, and outrightly deceived their customers (I would have been one of them if I didn't see through the bull****).

They're a disgusting company and I'll steer any and everyone away from them until they get their act together!

Audient, UA, Motu, RME are much safer bets!
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Maniac

I'm still on their Thunderbolt for Windows and AFX2DAW beta forum. I still check it from time to time to see if they have made any significant progress. It has not had any posts or replies since September. People asking if development has stopped and getting no reply.
The Windows TB driver still does not have Windows system audio. For some bizarre reason, they started development of AFX2DAW before the TB driver was fully baked...A workaround for Windows system audio was to use VoiceMeeter (to utilize the ASIO audio for the system audio) which was obviously less than ideal.
I guess they gave up, or just thought that this workaround was good enough?

So if they say that their beta forum is active, you can see from the included screenshot (that I just took) that it is basically a ghost town (names obscured to protect the innocent).
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 4 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface-annotation-2019-11-21-050332.jpg  
Old 54 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Good to know... thanks for that.

Such a pity.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search