The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 4 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

More depth!

Just sold my old great German audio converter. Now bought and using the Antelope Discrete synergy core, I have more definition and depth. Specially as a bass player ;-)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbob65 View Post
Just sold my old great German audio converter. Now bought and using the Antelope Discrete synergy core, I have more definition and depth. Specially as a bass player ;-)
I see that Antelope is at it again. Nice first post. How long have you worked for Antelope?
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
I see that Antelope is at it again. Nice first post. How long have you worked for Antelope?
Hello Quint,

Unfortunately you are mistaken and Bassbob65 does not work for us. People who work at Antelope Audio have a representative badge like I do.

We have recently encouraged our users to share their experience with our devices on the Gearslutz forum which is why new people have signed up here.

I believe we should all be welcoming new users instead of attacking them...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
People who work at Antelope Audio have a representative badge like I do.
It's a very handsome badge, too... congratulations.
Quote:
We have recently encouraged our users to share their experience... which is why new people have signed up here.
We got the low-down already. Positive review == free plugin.

Was it a successful campaign, Dan?

As a long time member here, and elsewhere, I've always found the very-first-post, quid pro quo/glowing review for a plugin/discount etc... to be a little tacky and self-defeating; I'm not sure it benefits a company to have a bunch of parrots essentially spamming the board for a cheap shiny trinket in return.

Conversely... I think new members are generally welcomed warmly when they are interacting with others... not spamming them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hello Quint,

Unfortunately you are mistaken and Bassbob65 does not work for us. People who work at Antelope Audio have a representative badge like I do.

We have recently encouraged our users to share their experience with our devices on the Gearslutz forum which is why new people have signed up here.

Regarding ethics, there seems to be everything all wrong with your company and you only keep apalling more and more current and potential customers (and business partners too, I assume). it's both funny and sad that you totally do not seem to realize this. Keep digging that grave if you must.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello Quint,

Nope. Not buying any of this. Employee, incentivised customer, whatever. Call it what you want.

The fact remains that Antelope has been playing this game way too long. Do you really expect anyone to take a bunch of first time posters with glowing reviews of Antelope products seriously?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Good to know... thanks for that.

Such a pity.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Hi!

The campaign that we had to generate reviews was NOT for positive reviews, we simply emailed our users who have one of our newer devices that don't have all effects included and asked them to leave a review, we received all kind of reviews and everyone received an effect even if the review wasn't positive. I believe that this is a completely understandable move that all companies do in order for other potential customers to have more feedback online.

As I have said multiple times already and I have also posted about this on the beta forum for AFX2DAW for Windows/Win TB beta, we are NOT working with the previous beta users, we are doing a closed beta in-house.

If anyone encounters any issues or wants to share feedback with us - feel free to reply, message me directly or get in touch with our support team here - https://support.antelopeaudio.com
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

I 've been in possession of this sound card for 6 months. It is pleasing that support and updates work very well. So is the map itself. We sometimes rehearse at home and can use it to give everyone a mix in headphones and not make noise. Sound quality at height. Quality of execution and design too! I recommend.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetalBassillo View Post
I 've been in possession of this sound card for 6 months. It is pleasing that support and updates work very well. So is the map itself. We sometimes rehearse at home and can use it to give everyone a mix in headphones and not make noise. Sound quality at height. Quality of execution and design too! I recommend.
First post....
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbob65 View Post
What is wrong with you? You, and many others crying lose all credibility with posts like this. Gross exaggerations and misinformation come from users like yourself far more than from antelope. This whole situation is not unique to antelope and social media has been used forever to publicly lash out against companies. Whoever said the unhappy represents 10x the happy is another example of complete nonsense and readers should take caution in heeding advice as it is biased and mispresenting reality.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
First post....
News Flash.... Happy customers dont race to gearslutz to post about it. Guess who does drop everything to come moan here.... unhappy people.

I'm sorry you are miserable, but this isn't a conspiracy theory forum. A more believable conspriacy is that you and others are hired by UAD to hurt antelopes reputation. But no, the reality is just sad. Life is short, move on. Yes, many customers love antelope, myslef included. You are entitled to your opinion, no one says otherwise. But please just speak for yourself.

1.5+ year Zen Tour owner. 20+ year guitar/piano player, home engineer. 20 year software engineer.

Never been happier with an interface.

Thanks
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
First post....
Yeah, first! In six months, no question has arisen.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitars1980 View Post
News Flash.... Happy customers dont race to gearslutz to post about it.
Then why are there a bunch of first time posters in these Antelope threads doing EXACTLY that? I believe you've just argued against your own point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitars1980 View Post
What is wrong with you? You, and many others crying lose all credibility with posts like this. Gross exaggerations and misinformation come from users like yourself far more than from antelope. This whole situation is not unique to antelope and social media has been used forever to publicly lash out against companies. Whoever said the unhappy represents 10x the happy is another example of complete nonsense and readers should take caution in heeding advice as it is biased and mispresenting reality.
If you haven't noticed a pattern with these type of posts, then you haven't been paying attention. If you haven't noticed that I'm far from being the only one who has pointed this peculiarity out, you haven't been paying attention. If you haven't noticed that Antelope has had driver/software issues for a long time and continues to short change a number of customers, you haven't been paying attention. If you haven't noticed that Sweetwater no longer carries Antelope, and haven't asked yourself why that is, then you haven't been paying attention.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited by Quint; 5 days ago at 03:47 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep

Hi,
@ Quint - As we already talked about this above, we had a marketing campaign aiming to collect reviews from users online. The users that do not have a reviews page at their dealer's websites, left theirs in other places - medias and forums. We just asked them to leave a review (NOT a positive review, whatever they thought) and we sent them an effect for free in return, as I also said above - this campaign helps all of us to have more feedback and keep it as transparent as possible.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
As I have said multiple times already and I have also posted about this on the beta forum for AFX2DAW for Windows/Win TB beta, we are NOT working with the previous beta users, we are doing a closed beta in-house.
I would very much like to read this beta forum. where is it? I've been trying to buy one of your interfaces for a couple of years now but the driver is still in beta and AFX2DAW (the most compelling reason to actually buy one) is completely MIA. make it work. take my money. you just got lapped by UAD. I don't want to pay UAD prices but at some point I don't think i have a choice if I want the good DSP. even with the free edge solo and extra fx, i'm still hesitant about buying a revision of a product that still doesn't work right.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

BOOOO shame on you! There's no NDA, no "closed beta" anyone around here is part of PER 'Sam Antelope Audio' Himself in this very thread. So cut this fake "NDA protected stuff, please don’t discuss here" garbage out, wtf is wrong with you people? If you're trying to lose any spec of credibility, you're doing it right.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Who was bickering, Synth Guru?

We can see who is censoring, but bickering is a stretch.

Enjoy your almighty magic wand.
Old 1 day ago
Hey everyone, when we are told that something is protected under NDA, and beta programmes very very often are, we act in good faith. We haven’t got time to scrutinise the actual agreements to decide whether or not it’s right, this works on trust. However, since it seems that this has descended into an argument over what is or isn’t protected and the actual product is no longer being discussed, we think it’s best to just not discuss it at all on GS here so I am closing the thread. Users can make up their own minds based on the info available which will stay up.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search