Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 4 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface - Page 4 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 4 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface
Old 29th September 2019 | Show parent
  #91
Gear Nut
 
RicardoWheelock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Question

so if I have a 5.1 Mac Pro with no thunderbolt can I use the new Discrete 4 synergy vía USB on my Mac?
Old 30th September 2019 | Show parent
  #92
Company Rep
 
Dan Antelope Audio's Avatar
 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoWheelock View Post
so if I have a 5.1 Mac Pro with no thunderbolt can I use the new Discrete 4 synergy vía USB on my Mac?
Hey RicardoWheelock,

Yes, you can use the new Discrete4 Synergy Core via USB on your 5.1 Mac Pro as long as you are on MAC OS X 10.12 / 10.13 or 10.14.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 30th September 2019 | Show parent
  #93
Gear Nut
 
RicardoWheelock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
Hey RicardoWheelock,

Yes, you can use the new Discrete4 Synergy Core via USB on your 5.1 Mac Pro as long as you are on MAC OS X 10.12 / 10.13 or 10.14.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
I do, can I use the AFX2DAW plugin via USB?
Old 30th September 2019 | Show parent
  #94
Company Rep
 
Dan Antelope Audio's Avatar
 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoWheelock View Post
I do, can I use the AFX2DAW plugin via USB?

A lot of our customers ask about AFX2DAW availability on USB systems and we would very much like to make this feature available for all of our USB users. However, due to USB Bandwidth limitations, the AFX2DAW plugin can only perform via the Thunderbolt connection.

Alternatively, what you can do is set up manually the FX channels of your device and use them as hardware inserts within your DAW. In order to achieve this you will need to go to the DAW section of the device's control panel and route the DAW channels (labelled Computer Play) on which you want to apply the effect to the 'To DAW' section below. Then add the desired effect in the AFX section.
1
Share
Old 1st October 2019 | Show parent
  #95
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
We're coming up on 2 years without the promoted and marketed AFX2DAW for windows.

Where it is?

I don't want to hear the same bull that Antelope has working hard over these last 2 years to "Do it right!!" Yes... your team of engineers have been pounding out 40+ hours every week for almost 2 years, just for us, your loyal customers. More to the point - actually work on it and get it done, we're not fools.

It's obvious its not being "done" at all, at the very least the lowest priority. Antelope can pay multiple engineers to develop and build and program 7+ hardware units and their software over the last 2 years, but won't put any resources toward writing a simple software wrapper to run your DSP fx on PC.

I'm beyond annoyed at Antelope, and until the few of us left who stuck with Antelope get what Antelope promised, I'll be making certain people know what to expect.
3
Share
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
  #96
Company Rep
 
Dan Antelope Audio's Avatar
 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piavoice View Post
We're coming up on 2 years without the promoted and marketed AFX2DAW for windows.

Where it is?

I don't want to hear the same bull that Antelope has working hard over these last 2 years to "Do it right!!" Yes... your team of engineers have been pounding out 40+ hours every week for almost 2 years, just for us, your loyal customers. More to the point - actually work on it and get it done, we're not fools.

It's obvious its not being "done" at all, at the very least the lowest priority. Antelope can pay multiple engineers to develop and build and program 7+ hardware units and their software over the last 2 years, but won't put any resources toward writing a simple software wrapper to run your DSP fx on PC.

I'm beyond annoyed at Antelope, and until the few of us left who stuck with Antelope get what Antelope promised, I'll be making certain people know what to expect.
AFX2DAW for Windows has been adopted by some of our users as part of our closed beta testing group.

The reason it hasn't been released to our end-users yet is that we've seen a few improvements on the AFX2DAW software that we want to add. We want to release AFX2DAW with better stability and performance.

I can assure you that is is being done and will be done the right way both for our macOS and Windows users and an official statement from the company will soon be revealed.
Old 2nd October 2019
  #97
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Seriously...

So much yawn.

Less type... more do!
2
Share
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
  #98
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
AFX2DAW for Windows has been adopted by some of our users as part of our closed beta testing group.

The reason it hasn't been released to our end-users yet is that we've seen a few improvements on the AFX2DAW software that we want to add. We want to release AFX2DAW with better stability and performance.

I can assure you that is is being done and will be done the right way both for our macOS and Windows users and an official statement from the company will soon be revealed.
Can you guys ever be honest? Does anyone in your company actually work together or talk with each other?

First, I was in the pretend AFX2DAW "Beta".
Second, the pretend beta didn't work for anyone.
Third, the file was never updated, not even once since it was initially "released" in the pretend beta over 8 months ago.

Then when people were asking the status, over and over for months due to obvious and expected frustration, you guys stated precisely this in the "beta" forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtechsup
Hi!

I am very sorry that none of us have responded here for a long time. I appreciate your patience and all of your feedback, currently AFX2DAW for Windows is only being tested in-house and that is why we haven't responded to you. We might have misinformed you by saying that this is a beta version of AFX2DAW for testing here. Our software engineer Svetoslav posted it here, so you could have access and use it in its current state. We will proceed with beta testing with you guys in the near future, we are trying right now to get a stable beta release on our side of things.
You PR guys are not making it better. Your lack of transparency, and often outright lies, seemingly encouraged from the environment your bosses have created, is doing nothing but nailing down the buyers remorse many of us feel.

I can deal with Antelope's crappy UI, I dealt with sticking with the hardware even after it failed once, I've dealt with disappointment with Antelope being removed from Sweetwater and knowing the embarrassment to Antelope and shaking my head at their subsequent spin. I've dealt with them in these forums, other forums, and via chat support being purposefully obscure or unhelpful, or sometimes even demeaning. Dealt with initial early adoption woes, no manuals, broken updates, verge shipment issues, patiently waited for TB for windows, on and on... Yet I set that all aside because, quite honestly, I believed in the product. I gave Antelope the benefit of the doubt for almost 2 years, its time for you guys to grow up.
4
Share
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
  #99
Company Rep
 
Dan Antelope Audio's Avatar
 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piavoice View Post
Can you guys ever be honest? Does anyone in your company actually work together or talk with each other?

First, I was in the pretend AFX2DAW "Beta".
Second, the pretend beta didn't work for anyone.
Third, the file was never updated, not even once since it was initially "released" in the pretend beta over 8 months ago.

Then when people were asking the status, over and over for months due to obvious and expected frustration, you guys stated precisely this in the "beta" forum:



You PR guys are not making it better. Your lack of transparency, and often outright lies, seemingly encouraged from the environment your bosses have created, is doing nothing but nailing down the buyers remorse many of us feel.

I can deal with Antelope's crappy UI, I dealt with sticking with the hardware even after it failed once, I've dealt with disappointment with Antelope being removed from Sweetwater and knowing the embarrassment to Antelope and shaking my head at their subsequent spin. I've dealt with them in these forums, other forums, and via chat support being purposefully obscure or unhelpful, or sometimes even demeaning. Dealt with initial early adoption woes, no manuals, broken updates, verge shipment issues, patiently waited for TB for windows, on and on... Yet I set that all aside because, quite honestly, I believed in the product. I gave Antelope the benefit of the doubt for almost 2 years, its time for you guys to grow up.

It is not a lie that AFX2DAW has had development issues for our Windows users. The 'AFX2DAW Windows version.' thread was posted on our 'Closed Beta Programs' forum board.

Feedback was being shared and a lot of it. Our developers have gathered this feedback for development purposes and what my colleague has stated in the forum is also correct - we are trying to get a stable beta release on our side of things. And a release more-suitable for testing.
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
  #100
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
It is not a lie that AFX2DAW has had development issues for our Windows users. The 'AFX2DAW Windows version.' thread was posted on our 'Closed Beta Programs' forum board.

Feedback was being shared and a lot of it. Our developers have gathered this feedback for development purposes and what my colleague has stated in the forum is also correct - we are trying to get a stable beta release on our side of things. And a release more-suitable for testing.
You do realize I am still in that "closed beta" forum? Needless to say it never worked for anyone, it was never updated, the feedback amounts to "never worked and never updated" and it was never a "closed beta" to begin with.

Antelope (you) had a chance to respond candidly, and instead choose not to, again. Allow me to show you what a professional response that encourages confidence would look like:

"Piavoice, I apologize I was wrong. After looking through those threads we realize it doesn't look promising from your perspective, and justifiably so. Without trying to sound like an excuse, we have been busy with many projects. And while the delay of AFX2DAW for windows is far longer than we'd like, we are working on it, albeit slowly."

That would be if you actually were planning on, or putting even meager resources toward AFX2DAW for PC.

I'll never do your job again. If I see another dance or spin in the form of telling me the way it is, when I know the plain truth of it, I'll be far more incited to let any potential customers know precisely what's going on over there, and I'm far more effective than you know.
3
Share
Old 2nd October 2019
  #101
Lives for gear
 
kj.metissage's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Where is TUBADOUR ?

It's been 2 years today that it has been announced...

Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Audio introduces Discrete 4 Synergy Core - DSP & FPGA Audio Interface-tubadour.jpg  
Old 3rd October 2019
  #102
Hello everybody,
I've the Discrete 4 Synergy.
-I've the Basic pack (with the AFX2DAW) but I've the plugins (no more than two) available on all four preamp, not only on two.
- The upgrade to the Premium pack at 299$, now that the Synergy is offered with more than 50 plugins and the AFX2, seems exaggerate.
- How I can access to the plugin list from your site? Where the Premium pack content is described in detail ?
- I've asked all these question thru the support in the site. Never answered.
- Antelope send some emails saying that the customer that write a review (positive I guess...and screenshot is required ) will be rewarded with a gift, a plugin or so. I'm not sure that this approach is 100% loyal and correct. Anyway, I wrote the review with some minor critics (the Discrete4 is a good interface), I've sent the screenshot and the gift never arrived..
So, to my opinion Antelope products are good, 4 stars. All around the products, I mean site, price politics, support etc. is crappy. 1 star and half
2
Share
Old 3rd October 2019 | Show parent
  #103
Company Rep
 
Dan Antelope Audio's Avatar
 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacybeats413 View Post
They're still lying. It's always about the perspective with Antelope, you hit the nail on the head I have been saying the same thing for over a year now to the point they blocked, censored and removed the majority of my posts.
Hi legacybeats413,

Our customer support representatives aren't allowed to share company plans for future releases. Not sharing this type of information does not constitute 'lying' but serves to prevent situations like the one above: when people create drama and jump to wrong conclusions based on incomplete information.

Plamen is not allowed to either confirm or deny the release of a product which has not been officially announced. In short he is not in the position to tell you if and when AFX2DAW will be released.

Truly, the best way to get the glimpse on our developments is to join our Antelope Audio users group: https://www.*********************1721474281483916/

I give you the benefit of the doubt and I assume you are not trying to be provocative or offensive towards one of our hard-working support agents, in which case I believe you own him an apology.
Old 3rd October 2019 | Show parent
  #104
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
Hi legacybeats413,

Our customer support representatives aren't allowed to share company plans for future releases. Not sharing this type of information does not constitute 'lying' but serves to prevent situations like the one above: when people create drama and jump to wrong conclusions based on incomplete information.

Plamen is not allowed to either confirm or deny the release of a product which has not been officially announced. In short he is not in the position to tell you if and when AFX2DAW will be released.

Truly, the best way to get the glimpse on our developments is to join our Antelope Audio users group: https://www.*********************1721474281483916/

I give you the benefit of the doubt and I assume you are not trying to be provocative or offensive towards one of our hard-working support agents, in which case I believe you own him an apology.
Legacy didn't do anything wrong, nor state incorrect information, as opposed to you, and apparently Plamen based on your very own assertion that " customer support representatives aren't allowed to share company plans for future releases". You owe Legacy an apology for even suggesting the reverse.

Regardless, AFX2DAW for PC was officially announced by Antelopes marketing almost 2 years ago with their release of the Discrete series, so Plamen also did nothing wrong, according to you. However, Plamen better be wrong about AFX2DAW not coming to PC for Antelopes sake.

And for the group, good luck getting in, Antelope doesn't really want people in it. Took over 6 month for Antelope to feel pressured enough to let me in, and its filled with precisely what you'd expect, the same there as it is here -- lip service, broken promises, and annoyed customers.
3
Share
Old 4th October 2019 | Show parent
  #105
Gear Nut
 
legacybeats413's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Antelope Audio View Post
Hi legacybeats413,

Our customer support representatives aren't allowed to share company plans for future releases. Not sharing this type of information does not constitute 'lying' but serves to prevent situations like the one above: when people create drama and jump to wrong conclusions based on incomplete information.

Plamen is not allowed to either confirm or deny the release of a product which has not been officially announced. In short he is not in the position to tell you if and when AFX2DAW will be released.

Truly, the best way to get the glimpse on our developments is to join our Antelope Audio users group: https://www.*********************1721474281483916/

I give you the benefit of the doubt and I assume you are not trying to be provocative or offensive towards one of our hard-working support agents, in which case I believe you own him an apology.
I see you're new so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm blocked from the Antelope Facebook page, official Facebook group, Instagram page and certain gearslutz threads for calling you guys out for the irresponsible manner in which you have handled past and present issues as well as gone back on your promises.

Antelope have failed the majority of its users. As a customer I hate being directly lied to and taken for a ride, I , just as PIAVOICE, have stuck around for just under 2 years through all of the bad hoping you guys would legitimately get your ducks in a row.

You owe me an apology as well as the rest of the customers you have taken (and continue to take) for granted.
4
Share
Old 5th October 2019
  #106
Lives for gear
 
Fleer's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Strange. Can’t remember having read any elaborate positive experiences about Antelope Audio for quite some time now.
3
Share
Old 5th October 2019
  #107
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
These antelope threads are golden.
1
Share
Old 5th October 2019
  #108
Gear Head
 
darkswan's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
For over 2 years, I have waited for my Antelope Discrete software/hardware to work as advertised and promised with Microsoft.

After all of this time I can only assume that it is not a lack of priority, but a lack of ability for Antelope software engineers to develop code that works robustly on Windows systems. When Antelope software does not work well on the largest operating system in history, it does not bode well for future success of this company... buyer beware.
5
Share
Old 11th October 2019
  #109
Gear Nut
 
legacybeats413's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
So Antelope continues to ignore it's consumers, no response or explanations in regards to failed promises that they continue to perpetuate as if everything is fine.
1
Share
Old 13th October 2019 | Show parent
  #110
Gear Nut
 
RicardoWheelock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
no go

I was seriously considering getting the new Discrete 4 Synergy but after reading too many horror histories I will stick to the brand that has never failed, not even once: RME
7
Share
Old 18th October 2019
  #111
News Desk Editor
 
The Press Desk's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Old 19th October 2019 | Show parent
  #112
Lives for gear
 
Overdrive's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Strange. Can’t remember having read any elaborate positive experiences about Antelope Audio for quite some time now.
Me think those without problems don't bother getting into the mud fight.
I have mostly positive rapport with the many Antelope products used over the years. My own Orion 32+ is about 4 years old now and it never failed me. Recent update to the V2 launcher and new drivers went smoothly via an online support session. Moreover, colleagues who own similar setups are having the same positive experience of zero issues, in the studio and on the road.
I'm not in love with the forward dashing of Antelope making our investment depreciate so quickly but this is an expected cost of the digital age... soundwise I'm fine.
Just to say YMMV
2
Share
Old 19th October 2019 | Show parent
  #113
Gear Nut
 
legacybeats413's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Me think those without problems don't bother getting into the mud fight.
I have mostly positive rapport with the many Antelope products used over the years. My own Orion 32+ is about 4 years old now and it never failed me. Recent update to the V2 launcher and new drivers went smoothly via an online support session. Moreover, colleagues who own similar setups are having the same positive experience of zero issues, in the studio and on the road.
I'm not in love with the forward dashing of Antelope making our investment depreciate so quickly but this is an expected cost of the digital age... soundwise I'm fine.
Just to say YMMV
To each their own, there are very little users that have experienced such positive outcomes with their Antelope devices. Unfortunately the bad outweighs the good ten fold and in usual Antelope fashion they have failed to address the issues and have moved forward leaving many of its user base stranded. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you've found the needle in the haystack; there's just a large portion of us that were never that lucky.
4
Share
Old 19th October 2019 | Show parent
  #114
Gear Addict
 
Jens L.'s Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
I'm not in love with the forward dashing of Antelope making our investment depreciate so quickly but this is an expected cost of the digital age...
How so? it's not like every other company does it similarly...
Old 20th October 2019 | Show parent
  #115
Lives for gear
 
Overdrive's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacybeats413 View Post
Unfortunately the bad outweighs the good ten fold and in usual Antelope fashion they have failed to address the issues and have moved forward leaving many of its user base stranded.
This is heartbraking. Their careless treatment of the ever important client base, especially early adopters, is outrageous and irritating. It is my main gripe, this and the faster than avarege depreciation of the gear due to constant model changes. Stop everything and focus on perfecting the gear and user experience...
2
Share
Old 21st October 2019 | Show parent
  #116
Gear Addict
 
Jens L.'s Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
They won't - across all these years and two companies it has become painfully obvious that Igor has no interest in that... if something fails - a development of his or a company - he simply moves on to the next thing... and this strategy proved and still proves to work for him quite well in some way... it does because in some ways his stuff is good enough to still be desirable enough for enough customers and enough retailers.
1
Share
Old 21st October 2019 | Show parent
  #117
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. View Post
They won't - across all these years and two companies it has become painfully obvious that Igor has no interest in that... if something fails - a development of his or a company - he simply moves on to the next thing... and this strategy proved and still proves to work for him quite well in some way... it does because in some ways his stuff is good enough to still be desirable enough for enough customers and enough retailers.
True, except this time Antelope is getting called out far more publicly they can't hide, and being dropped by major reputable retailers, on and on the downward spiral. This extended exposure of their pathetic practices, with their often demeaning responses of 'wool over your eyes' and 'lip service' to promises not kept is going to nail their coffin.

I'm one of the few around who cataloged 'a fresh customer experience' as a new Antelope customer, and I've given them far more than the benefit of the doubt. Virtually a step by step personal experience on their Discrete series and Modeled Mic here on GS threads -- providing a mature and honest, non-biased feedback where applicable. They've had ample opportunity and time to turn things around. There's a part of me who still believes they can, but their environment is run by a bunch of incompetents who have no idea what professionalism is supposed to look like.
2
Share
Old 30th October 2019
  #118
Gear Nut
 
legacybeats413's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Antelope is back to censoring users who call them out. Can't locate the post I made with the screenshot of Plamen admitting that windows AFX2DAW is no longer being developed. They updated their launcher but the control panel still disconnects when turning wifi on/off as it has done since it's inception. I should probably stop inquiring before they have me banned from this thread as well
Old 30th October 2019
  #119
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Very unfortunate. My wallet has zero fear when I see Antelope products these days.

Never happening.
1
Share
Old 11th November 2019 | Show parent
  #120
Gear Maniac
 
lespaul666's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Wow...I guess it would be safer to go the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Mkii Thunderbolt route for similar latency?
Closed

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 2063 views: 225772
Avatar for asomerville
asomerville 1 week ago
replies: 936 views: 126079
Avatar for pw2005
pw2005 4th November 2019
replies: 222 views: 25503
Avatar for Marcus3
Marcus3 1 week ago
replies: 2 views: 2253
Avatar for mikoo69
mikoo69 21st December 2018
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump