IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5 - Page 68 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqstudio View Post
Oh that's insane - on first listen I thought that glitchy noise was part of the hat track because it would be absurd for a plugin to do this to audio. I can't believe they left this bug in there. Does this still happen with more elements (i.e. not just hi and low but full spectrum sound)?
Not sure really, in a full mix this would be pretty difficult to hear, I've stopped using it a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Not sure really, in a full mix this would be pretty difficult to hear, I've stopped using it a lot.
Once I had a mix rejected due to this, and it was rock with busy arrangement, no 808 subs or such.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.m.junior View Post
Once I had a mix rejected due to this, and it was rock with busy arrangement, no 808 subs or such.
Ok good to know that it doesn't need an 808 to trigger it, I'll be paying closer attention now, thank you Peter.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Like the 80 low end bug?
Dropped out the thread for a while and missed this. What it the 80 low end bug?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5
Gear Addict

Another Pro Tools user here. IK - fix the latency issue or all faith in your products is gone.
Lives for gear

+1
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
See post #2008 from the previous page.
Old 1 week ago
Hello IK, hello Peter, I have not received another answer from IK support now since 4 weeks. They have asked me a question to my ticket and I have answered straight away - explained the bug again. Nothing came back since then. I mean really, Peter, what are you thinking this is? Do we get ignored now because we speak out an uncomfortable truth about the plugin? Is this really the way that IK wants to deal with customers? I still cannot this believe this. I will continue to ask for a fix here and in other threads. See you soon :-)
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Thanks for keeping up with this. This shouldn't be advertised as AAX Compatible without proper delay compensation reporting. It's unprofessional.
Lives for gear
Unfortunately, I suspect Amplitube 5 and AT5 support are the priority at the moment for IK.

I really hope the bugs get fixed, particularly for Pro Tools users. I could theoretically be impacted by the 80 noise bug, but I find 30 IPS too clean if I want a tape sound, so generally don't avoid that speed.

In terms of input/output linking as an FR...I'd be shocked if that happened. Have you guys tried registering at the IK Forums and posting there about these issues? Might get some more traction there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Unfortunately, I suspect Amplitube 5 and AT5 support are the priority at the moment for IK.

I really hope the bugs get fixed, particularly for Pro Tools users. I could theoretically be impacted by the 80 noise bug, but I find 30 IPS too clean if I want a tape sound, so generally don't avoid that speed.

In terms of input/output linking as an FR...I'd be shocked if that happened. Have you guys tried registering at the IK Forums and posting there about these issues? Might get some more traction there.
Hi Funkybot, have not tried the IK forums yet. Good idea. Will do that. Thanks, Geret
Gear Maniac

Does the 80 bug happen with all tape types (i.e., the 250, 456, 499, GP9)?
Lives for gear

If the Pro Tools latency reporting problem is not going to be addressed then I'd like a full refund.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
Does the 80 bug happen with all tape types (i.e., the 250, 456, 499, GP9)?
No, just IK TM 80 at 30 ips
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Maybe IK a should just remove the 30ips option until it’s fixed.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Where’s the rep? Be nice for a list of bugs since they aren’t fixing them anytime soon. This isn’t an inexpensive tool.....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGranite View Post
Maybe IK a should just remove the 30ips option until it’s fixed.
I'm not sure that will be practical, we just want it fixed. Come on IK!!!
Old 1 week ago
Alright, we are getting some voices together. Let's speak up!
By the way, Peter contacted me and he offered to help solve the issue with the support. I hope that will bring it forward.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Guys, he asked about tape type (formula), not tape machine type (model).
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No I know it's just the Studer 80 at 30, I mean the different tape formulations.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I'm not sure that will be practical, we just want it fixed. Xome on IK!!!
Well, I’m of the opinion that once you have asked for a bug fix and expressed how important it is to your workflow then you really need to leave it to the developers to find a way while giving a respectful nudge every now and again.

I’m not into haranguing developers as who knows what’s going on in their world? For that reason, maybe the quickest solution is just removing the option for now so it no longer drives people nuts? I guess that might impact current projects though... It’s a tough gig!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
No I know it's just the Studer 80 at 30, I mean the different tape formulations.
Sorry, not paying attention properly, will check asap, but I’m pretty sure that all the tapes have the bug.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Dang, went down to $99 just a little over a week after I bought it. I guess I should have been patient!

Oh well, it's worth it anyway, at least considering I'm using it on Logic (sounds like protools is unusable - shame because it's easily the most realistic tape plugin).
Old 16 hours ago
Gear Nut

Music Producer here. I have never bought anything from them. Do you guys recommend Ik Multimedia products? Never bought anything from them. I use Slate, Plugin Alliance, Fabfilter etc. Been demoing tape machines, and t racks. Really like it. How are IK with bug fixing, and customer interaction? Slate, and Plugin Alliance have great customer interaction. This is big for me. Thanks.
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbeatz View Post
Music Producer here. I have never bought anything from them. Do you guys recommend Ik Multimedia products? Never bought anything from them. I use Slate, Plugin Alliance, Fabfilter etc. Been demoing tape machines, and t racks. Really like it. How are IK with bug fixing, and customer interaction? Slate, and Plugin Alliance have great customer interaction. This is big for me. Thanks.
How are they with bug fixing? Might want to read some of the posts above this one.
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Any idea whether they'll be introducing a feature where you're required to rewind your SSD after each tape pass?!?
📝 Reply